It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Pledges Iran Actions in Israel speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Germany Pledges Iran Actions in Israel speech

www.bloomberg.com

March 18 (Bloomberg) -- Chancellor Angela Merkel pledged to tackle the threat posed to Israel by Iran and called on Hamas to cease rocket attacks, saying Germany will never forget its "historic responsibility'' toward the Jewish state.

Merkel, addressing the Knesset in Jerusalem today, said the German government would press for tighter sanctions on Iran to halt its nuclear ambitions through both the United Nations and the European Union.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Now Germany is in Israel to give their blessing, Cheney is traveling across the Middle-East to gather the "coalition of will" ...

General who has promised that Iran attack would not happen in his watch has resigned, and forces in region are ready to strike.

Not looking good, guys...

I cry that day when the first bomb hit the innocent ground.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh crap, the CDU is at it again.

Y'know, i think i might keep and eye on them Christian Democrats.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I cry that day when the first bomb hit the innocent ground.

Pftt.......Innocent??

That is a very naive position at the least. Iran is asking for it by their actions.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Im not naive. Im sorry for the innocent people of Iraq and Iran.

In my point of view, the line against Iran has begun and continue from day one. After Bush gets the office it takes only a year, when Iran was signed as "axis of evil" ...

These accusations and blames are only fabricated lies. Iran has same rights to do fuel to its reactors than others, and they have the same rights to produce nuclear power to its growing demand than others.

There is no hard evidence on any nuclear arm program, ever.

Iran is enemy because it stance in above the oilfield, and thats what US wants. Secure their world wide oil business, and its growing demands. Bush is oil man, elected and supported by oil industry and banks behind them.

Israel dont like them because they support Palestinians, witch is only natural.

Look the pictures man, where you see the enemy?

bmspages.com...;jsessionid=A07827E6CD21B82C948C571593DC80C8

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
McCain: Iran's influence on the rise

McCain Warns of Iran's Rising Influence in Iraq, Mideast

AP News, Mar 18, 2008 09:39 EST

Sen. John McCain, the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting, expressed fresh concern Tuesday about Iran's influence in Iraq and rising sway in Mideast.

McCain, who has just completed his eighth visit to Iraq, said the U.S. military had just discovered a large new cache of "the most lethal" copper explosive devices there, and hinted the explosives had been provided by Iran.

McCain voiced concern that Tehran is bringing militants over the border into Iran for training before sending them back to fight U.S. troops in Iraq, and also blamed Syria for allegedly continuing to "expedite" a flow of foreign fighters.

"We continue to be concerned about Iranian influence and assistance to Hezbollah as well as Iranian pursuit of nuclear weapons," McCain said.

Source: AP News
wiredispatch.com...

McCain says U.S. pullout from Iraq would boost Iran

Mar 18, 2008 10:35 EST

AMMAN, March 18 (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain said on Tuesday that a U.S. troop build up in Iraq was succeeding and a premature withdrawal would dramatically enhance Iranian influence in the region.

McCain was speaking in Jordan, where he held talks with King Abdullah, after a visit to Iraq where he met Iraqi leaders and U.S military officials as part of a Senate Armed Services Committee fact-finding mission.

"If we pull out of Iraq ... then obviously the Iranian influence is dramatically increased, al Qaeda has greater influence and endangers the region dramatically, and the United States's image and security challenges are dramatically increased," said McCain.

wiredispatch.com...

*snip* WAR MCCAIN!

Dont vote this war mongering crazy idiot!!! Please...

[edit: added appropriate external source tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Iran is enemy because it stance in above the oilfield, and thats what US wants. Secure their world wide oil business, and its growing demands. Bush is oil man, elected and supported by oil industry and banks behind them.

Umm.....What oil fields has the U.S. took over and is taking the oil for it's own consumption? I think your theory has a BIG hole in it.

Look the pictures man, where you see the enemy?

Yes, I see the enemy.
I don't see any nuclear reactors.....hmm.....I guess we would not be bombing those areas.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

doctor my man i thought we had come to a reasoning here man. Let me ask you a question how many times has Iran attacked us? Last I checked none. We need to get rid of this imperialist attitude and stop attacking people who dont attack us. That isnt why this nation was founded. Look if Iran attacks us then by all means blow the hell out of them but until that we need to take a chill pill.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Its the oil, its the value of the dollar: Hegemony in oil trading.

What are the two biggest business in the world, and done with dollars?

Oil and Drugs.

Oil:
- Iraq gets beaten because it start to sell oil with different currencies.
- Iran is in threat because it has open its own Oil bourse and accepts other currency.
- Venezuela is now "rogue state" because it sell oil with Euros.
- Taliban didnt give permit to build oil pipe to US, and gets attacked by US.

Drugs:
- Taliban cut off 70% of drug sales, after Afghanistan occupation drug lords has grow their exporting back by 90% and they are biggest drug producers in the world again.
- Columbia is second largest drug producer and close US ally.

--- Its the world wide demand of dollars what Bush is backing.

For the friends in Banks and FED, off course.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I hope I will be allowed to make an off-topic comment on this thread.
I can feel this thread is already going in a bad direction.
www.cais-soas.com...
I think everyone should be awair of what is being said on this web page.
If you are an anglo-saxon type American, and you think, somehow you are superior to a Persian and you do not care if we nuked Teharan.
Think again.
We can trace our roots to ancient tribes who traveled across europe, from Persia, and ended up getting in boats and settling in England as the Saxons.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

doctor my man i thought we had come to a reasoning here man. Let me ask you a question how many times has Iran attacked us? Last I checked none. We need to get rid of this imperialist attitude and stop attacking people who dont attack us. That isnt why this nation was founded. Look if Iran attacks us then by all means blow the hell out of them but until that we need to take a chill pill.

Here's a history lesson to help put some things in perspective for you. And BTW, you'll notice that all of these presidents are democrats ...

a. FDR led us into World War II with Germany.

b. Germany never attacked us ; Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost
an average of 112,500 per year.

c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea
North Korea never attacked us .
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost .
an average of 18,334 per year.

d. John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ..
an average of 5,800 per year.

f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.
Bosnia never attacked us . He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

BTW, Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

In my studies I have get this kind of information: But in the roots there are a great difference between Persia and Egypt.

In old Hebron, witch was growing area near Egypt, was given to relatives of Farao in Egypt, and they were the 9 "kings" of this promised land.

Persia, opponent of Egypt, conquer Hebron after a while, and all the kings have to leave the country and they escaped to Byzantine. From there they serve the Empire, in its troops, and 6 of the kings gets large areas in north what they conquer. Byzantine give the weapons to kings, and they make Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Novgorod ( Russia ), Germany and Poland.

VIKings, the six kings, were the beginning of continuing "crusades" mostly to new world, and to USA. Backed by England, another byzantine king and bloodline from Egypt. This alliance of kings and their crusaders has make the USA in beginning: They build settlements and stole land and fortunes from Indians.

USA is still the sword of christianity, the true alliance of kings still alive. Managed from beginning from Vatican in Rome, and most powerfull King in London. This alliance has never broken totally to apart. Also France and Holland witch together are the other two from nine kings was closely together in expanding to new world.

Washington DC, London District, Vatican are the three most powerful lands inside the states today, and still in close alliance, and with same purposes: Survive, expand, secure the bloodlines, and take the homeland back: Israel and Jerusalem.

This is what we call Zionism.

Correct me with hard facts, please!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Apparently I'm the only one that read the article.

"Merkel, addressing the Knesset in Jerusalem today, said the German government would press for tighter sanctions on Iran..."

That's all Germany's going to do! Tighter sanctions!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

BTW, Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

Granted. He admitted it. But what he has to do with Iran is....... what exactly? Al-Qaeda get more support from Pakistan than they do Iran.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

"Tighter sanctions" means economical weapons used, and those acts has been prelude to war always before it starts.

"War is only political act, and political means are economical needs."

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

We can trace our roots to ancient tribes who traveled across europe, from Persia, and ended up getting in boats and settling in England as the Saxons.

Good stuff sir! Ancient Persian history is something of an obsession of mine (I've recently managed to get my hands on Pierre Briant's astounding "From Cyrus to Alexander: A History of the Persian Empire"). It's also fun to discover that many Sarmatians (an Iranian people) were stationed along Hadrian's Wall, so there were Iranians in Britain before the strange "English" hybrid ever emerged! They're also a possible origin of the King Arthur legend, knights and round tables have an equivalent in Sassanid Persia.

Completely unrelated to the thread I know. Apologies, but any opportunity to waffle on about ancient Persia and I'm unable to restrain myself.

That said, today's Iran is a tragedy when one considers it's rich history (and legacy). From my travels I'd say that Iran is full of promise and that it will hopefully blossom once they do away with the Mullhas, it's impossible to say when this will happen, but it will one day.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyAllKnowledge

I think we are here to talk, no matter under what threat we meet, education is the goal. We meet here, and talk, thats only important.

In your study, can you say me was it really Persians who first conquer the Hebron, area of Israel?

Were they always opponent forces to byzantine and Egypt in your study?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Remind me when America declared war on South Africa?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyAllKnowledge

Sorry for off topic post.
Love that! thanks for info. Did not know about that, the Hadrian wall forces.
I love the movie, King Arther, with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley.
It may not be correct, historicaly, but I think it is moving us into the right direction.
I turned into a crazy studier of the English History a very long time ago. I do not know anyone else who actualy sat there and read the AngloSaxon Chronicles. Happy to get any more info.
to JanusFin:
I trace my family to the Dane-Law. We had land grants to Massachusits Bay Colony. So, could be a plot behind the takeover of America from the Indians, or just lust for money.

As for Germany, I do not think anyone is going to give them control of any nukes, so to say they are not going to nuke Iran, is pretty meaningless.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

MM.. what action? for wanting nuclear power? Even if they were to use to for weapon how's that any different from other countries that have them! What makes others any better? See the problem is not Iran it's the fact that US is trying to shut them down, for one main reason.. OIL!! Iran recently refused to use "dollar" as it's main currency to sell it's oil and is using Euro instead. US is pissed specially since they are loosing the dollar value!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join