It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What year is it really???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
During my travels across the World......wide web. I have come across many statements regarding the Vatican changing the calander for different reasons at dofferent times....

1 Reason I came across was that they may have changed it by either 2, 4,or 7 years to throw off Nostradamus's prediction of the fall of the Vatican...

Anothe one was the conversion of the jullian calander to gregorian where people lost haf a month's pay yet had to pay the mothly fees and taxes...which caused ptchfork riot back in the day...

If this is true then I feel that when 2012 comes and may pase andwe suffer yet another "great dissapointment" our gaurd will be let down for the true cycle end...

I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter and questions concerning it..

"let the light in now"
Life cycles left=0

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Technically speaking, the year is something like 200,296.

At least, that's since the advent of man.

As for the year in controversial and quite frankly BORING terms, there are some who think it is closer to 2200 than 2010, and then there are some who think it is more like 2008.

People just don't know, man.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Extreamly compelling statement...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
as for me - it is year 20, i don't remember if i had a life before, so the age of everything from my view is my own age..

[edit on 18-3-2008 by silencee]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thats a good way of lookin at it..never thought of it that way..Thanks silencee

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not only do we not know what year this is, there doesn't seem to be anyplace to turn for the answer . . .

Will the real Y2K please stand up? . . .

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

The Answer is on the OLD TESTAMENT make an effort for it for you and others to find it HARD Soon you will all appreciate the Wisdom that come From our GOD Almighty.

Isaiah 34:16

16 Look in the scroll of the LORD and read:
None of these will be missing,
not one will lack her mate.
For it is his mouth that has given the order,
and his Spirit will gather them together.

I'm Not Selfish Really But I/We don't give easily Precious and Important Birds Eye View and A tip of The Iceberg to a PIG Personality

Mark 4

13Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14The farmer sows the word.
15Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.

YATADE' OSU

[edit on 18-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
that made absolutley no sense to me sorry for my ignorance..

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Does it matter really? You can't change what happened in the past, and you can't change the future.

What's more important is that you are here right now, are you going to waste your time worrying about what others think?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It matters allot when you have hundreds of thousands anticipating a huge global event on a certain date...

That 2012 would take place providing the date was correct and if/when it does we have a mass amount of dissapointed folk with their guard down..

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The year is almost spring and earth is close to the vernal equinox in the northern hemisphere. We're getting further from the sun but warmer weather is on it's way.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

I alone Cannot Honestly

OH YEAH WHAT IF I CAN READ ON THE BIBLE AND PROVED TO ALL OF YOU WHAT WOULD YOU DO

This Earth Will Be Gone and Another Place will be New One Paradise

[edit on 18-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
to johnb1 : you really don't make much sense..

but as for 2012, gmac1000, try focusing on the signs that foretell the event, there are always some.. by doing so u might find the real date, i am not saying that 21/12/2012 is wrong.. i believe that year to have a major event

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencee
to johnb1 : you really don't make much sense..

but as for 2012, gmac1000, try focusing on the signs that foretell the event, there are always some.. by doing so u might find the real date, i am not saying that 21/12/2012 is wrong.. i believe that year to have a major event

I absolutly agree on the event , may it be a Spiritual even or Pysical or both I believe in the research that 2012 holds water how ever i also now that it is easy to weakin the spirit of humanity by changing the calander hundreds of years ago....

Allot of people will be devistated on 24-25 of december 2012 when they see Mr Johnson next door still alive mowing his lawn at 8am....Damn u Mr Johnson ..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac1000
It matters allot when you have hundreds of thousands anticipating a huge global event on a certain date...

That 2012 would take place providing the date was correct and if/when it does we have a mass amount of dissapointed folk with their guard down..

Yea, like the Mayans definitely weren't going on a BC/AD calender so is their 2012 the same as ours? I'm sure if this were a real issue that one the 2012 fanatics would have revealed the discrepancy to the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
gmac, it really depends on whose calendar you are using.

A natural calendar typically does not have years, only cycles. A Roman calendar, such as the one we use (Gregorian), the date is 3/23/2008.

The Western world has gone through multiple calendars in the past few thousand years. The main ones have been the Gregorian and Julian.

There's the Mayan, Aztec, Islamic, Hebrew, Egyptian, Coptic, Japanese, etc etc.

Here's a Calendar Converter .

For your own reference, today's Mayan long count calendar date (one of my favorites) is 12.19.15.3.6. The haab (essentially the regular calendar) is in 14 Cumku and the tzolkin (holy calendar) is 12 Cimi.

One's interpretation of the "date" is based solely on the calendar one uses.

If we were to use solar and lunar cycles, well that's a completely different story.

There's the 13 moon calendar which is becoming much more widespread.

Decode a date using the lunar calendar

Today is:

Solar Moon day 17
Year of the White Lunar Wizard

Here is the Mayan calendar picture related to today:

Each day comes with a poem:

kin 34: White Galactic Wizard
I Harmonize in order to Enchant
Modeling Receptivity
I seal the Output of Timelessness
With the Galactic tone of Integrity
I am guided by the power of Endlessness

A lot of indigenous cultures still use the moon for their calendars. The sun is not the best way to calculate time as the solar year is not a perfect number.

However, there are exactly 13 moon cycles in each year with 28 days each. There is one day called the "day out of time." This makes the most sense and is actually in tune with the natural circadian rhythms of our body and the Earth.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter since it is kind of arbitrary, unless you go and start from the beginning of the universe. But it is just simpler to say that it is the year 2008.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

2012 will still be 2012, the date was converted to match the stars, which the mayans used to work out the predicted end date. Mayans never knew anything about the gregorian calendar. So when the galaxy way lines up with our sun it'll still be the same no matter how many people change the dates.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Since many places around the world do not use the same system, we arrive at 21 December 2012 using Georgian dating.

The Hebrew year is currently 5768.
21 December 2012 in Hebrew will be 8 Tevet 5773.

The Muslim year is 1429. 2012 will be in the Muslim year 1431 - 1432.

I suppose what year it really is is dependent upon your particular location.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
the date really doesn't matter because as far as the year 2012 it is not an end date....its getting a little funny hearing that 2012 is the "end of the world" which it is not.....

the mayans regarded the end of their cycles as a time for jubilation with a new beginning...so why would this one be any different...

no where do the mayans say it is the end...keep in mind that the mayans were enslaved by the aztecs and europeans before dying out so no one knows if they would have continued with their new cycle

top topics

<<   2 >>

join