It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we list prediction by Nostredamus that have come true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have a similar thread Can we list bible predictions that have come true? This thread was a disappointment to me in that I was sure that a huge list of prophecy would have been listed, this at this time has not been the case.

I would like members to list prophecies from Nostradomus that have come true.

I'm interested in predictions from all sources, but for right now I only want to dwell on these two threads, from these two sources.

I'm interested in the fact that most prophecy is not good, or always seem to lead to some sort of End of the world senerio.

LDF

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'd love to see that list.
Sadly I do not have the enlightment to make the list myself.

I guess all we need is the predictions of Nostredamus, and then what has come true will reveal itself!!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is a list of prophecies he made and the match to historical accounts.

Prophecy: A History of the Future

www.rexresearch.com...

Interesting to notice that Nostradamus, been a converted Jewish/Catholic had many of his prophecies matching bible accounts of prophecies.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That was good, but a little bit messy maybe!!
Maybe I'll use a couple of hours and tidy it up a bit sometime in the near future?!? But I really hope somebody else can do it!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

It's not about a "list" - it's about whether a single clearly identifiable prophecy came true. Because if only one of out of a million came true, that would be evidence enough that such a thing as clairvoyance really does exist.

It did.

Not being a Nostradamus fan - meaning simply that I don't spend any time at all reading about his prophecies, real or purported, let alone try to compare them with current events - I can think of only two or three right now.

What convinced me - quite unexpectedly, I might add - were the one or two quatrains about the French revolution. He is far too specific for it to be attributed to mere chance. In one instance he mentions the year - 1792 (I think), which was indeed a crucial year, including the introduction of the "new time" (= Revolutionary calendar) he also mentions - and in the other quatrain, beside describing accurately what we now know really happened during the royal couple's flight, he actually mentions the - quite uncommon - name of the man who then betrayed them (and describes his occupation) and the name of the village where they took refuge: Varennes. This tiny village's only claim to fame is precisely the royal couple's stay there, some 200 years after Nostradamus' death. (Of course, there are in France quite a few villages called Varennes, but none is especially famous for anything.)

I remember also being impressed by the one about Franco and his Prime Minister.

As I said, it's not about quantity - it's about the objective quality of a single prediction.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
aye a knew the man he wiz a trooper always saying the right stuff

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
aye a knew the man he wiz a trooper always saying the right stuff

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What got to me was the Great Fire of London in 1666.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As long as you have any major current or historical event, a frequently ill-translated and often bastardized Nostradamus quatrain and a big enough shoehorn - all of them have come true.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i'm still looking for the prophecy that says.

young man frmo texas 31 times under the sun
in his hand he holds the magic paper
hundreds of millions from only six
the six strings now ring daily

top topics

join