It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underbelly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
AWSOME SHOW!

What u guys rekon on the new australian drama show underbelly?. I Find It Preety Intresting and it also keeps u on your tippy toes. Based on events in melbourne now thats awsome links included.

Underbelly

Melbourne gangland killings

Moran Family

Carl Williams

Tony Mokbel

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Underbelly is an Australian television drama series, based on the real events of the 1995–2004 gang war in Melbourne. The series began screening on 13 February 2008 on the Nine Network (and affiliates) in all states and territories except Victoria, due to a court injunction. Underbelly is a 13-part mini-series, based on the book Leadbelly: Inside Australia's Underworld, by Age journalists John Silvester and Andrew Rule.

Source

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

IT has a violent bashing, a sex scene, liberal use of the "F" word and a graphic shooting in cold blood - and that's the first 20 minutes.

Source

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Known in the underworld as "The Octopus" or "Fat Tony", Antonios Sajih Mokbel was born in Kuwait on August 8, 1965.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

GREEK court has ordered convicted drugs trafficker Tony Mokbel to return to Australia to face a string of criminal charges, including two of murder.

Source

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
heya man,

Im from west syd and i watch it all the time, im lookin forward to the marathon tomorrow night.

Oh and Madeline West is an absolute stunner.

Omega

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

ahh yeh nice yeh i cant wait to see the next episode is it only going to be 1 season ay? witch one is she?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

ahh yeh nice yeh i cant wait to see the next episode is it only going to be 1 season ay? witch one is she?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Underbelly Full Of Lies, Says Gangland Killer

GANGLAND killer Carl Williams has ripped into Channel 9's crime hit Underbelly, saying it is full of lies and wrongly makes him out to be an idiot.

In letters to his mother from Victoria's Barwon Prison, Williams - played by Gyton Grantley in the show - wrote that he was pleased it had been banned in the state.

"I killed or played a role in killing people who were planning to kill me and for that I have lost my freedom for the best part of my life. Every day soldiers have to kill the enemy, otherwise the enemy will kill them.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Update!

Mokbel's appeal inevitable - lawyer

A DECISION by convicted coc aine smuggler Tony Mokbel to fight his extradition to Australia in the European Court of Human Rights was inevitable, his former Australian lawyer said today.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Update!

Moran bolted but couldn't escape gunman

MURDERED underworld figure Lewis Moran knew he was the target of a gangland hit from the moment his killer appeared at the front door of his favourite Melbourne watering hole.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow this guy really likes the show.... I can tell by the flooding of his own topic. I dont watch it though so cant comment on the show. Never got into Aussie shows so didnt bother to give this a chance.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I must say I don't care much for Aussie TV myself and I am Aussie!
I just got back from a month visit back home in Melbourne Aus, and managed to get my hands on the entire season and of course not about to disclose how, however I will say there was really no point in the ban in Victoria - everyone is watching/has watched it

I must say I was impressed, my husband and I watched them all back to back and it really did make for good TV, I was pleasantly surprised - given the fact that I didn't keep informed on the goings on as they happened in Melbourne - just wasn't interested honestly. But watching this show based on what happened piqued my curiosity and had us SO intrigued we couldn't get enough of it. HUGE props and kudos to all who made the show happen.

I don't blame Carl for being a bit miffed at his portrayal in the show either, he was truly the smartest of them all, even if a bit of an airhead at times lol... not that I condone what he, or any of them, did.
Also - I think Mokbel's appeal was a given, I do hope he is brought back and tried to the full extent of the law. Running off like a coward :shk:

Callan Mulvey (as Mark Moran) was the hot topic of the show amongst all my female friends and fam hehe

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobarto
Wow this guy really likes the show.... I can tell by the flooding of his own topic. I dont watch it though so cant comment on the show. Never got into Aussie shows so didnt bother to give this a chance.

its allright it isent the best i dont like it that much it was good but not that good australian shows are allright like blue heelers is a very nice show

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I must say I don't care much for Aussie TV myself and I am Aussie!
I just got back from a month visit back home in Melbourne Aus, and managed to get my hands on the entire season and of course not about to disclose how, however I will say there was really no point in the ban in Victoria - everyone is watching/has watched it

yeh thats kind of true i dont know why the goverment denies reality u know what i mean its wierd it is a show a intresting show also

I must say I was impressed, my husband and I watched them all back to back and it really did make for good TV, I was pleasantly surprised - given the fact that I didn't keep informed on the goings on as they happened in Melbourne - just wasn't interested honestly. But watching this show based on what happened piqued my curiosity and had us SO intrigued we couldn't get enough of it. HUGE props and kudos to all who made the show happen.

i never knew this happend before so i checked it all up on wiki and it was preety insane so many gang killings but gang killings of other gangs is normal thay dont have to make it such a big deal innocent people die everyday in other countrys u know.

I don't blame Carl for being a bit miffed at his portrayal in the show either, he was truly the smartest of them all, even if a bit of an airhead at times lol... not that I condone what he, or any of them, did.
Also - I think Mokbel's appeal was a given, I do hope he is brought back and tried to the full extent of the law. Running off like a coward :shk:

he was the smartest to me he did survive and also he was the richest and powerful he knew what he was doing u cannot call him an idiot i know i wouldent.

Callan Mulvey (as Mark Moran) was the hot topic of the show amongst all my female friends and fam hehe

i forget was he the one with the scar?

top topics

join