It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst President we ever had, George Bush??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If your history only goes back to the day you where born, or when George W. Bush was elected President, you have a very narrow view of history, and probably have your opinions molded by the drive-by media. But some of us who are a little older, and have some knowledge of American History know better.

Carter ranks very high on the all time worst list. I have him at #1 all time worst.

Clinton doesn't rank that much better. His do-nothing foriegn policy position led directly to 9/11. Basically Bush had to come in and clean up the mess that he created.

Historians who aren't even born yet, will rank George W. Bush's presidency as a success.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
On the list of horrible presidents we've had George W. takes the whole tamle... hes effing retarded for christs sake.... and he has flat out lied to the American people for the last 8 years..... then he jokes about it on national TV!!!!!!

I'd say second on the list of bad P's is Reagan. He took away the heart of the working class and demolished the American workers unions... put the country in debt.... basically was the begining of the end for a republican term in office...

Third on the list is good ol George Sr. Setting the example for his fu**head son by invading Iraq for no appearent reason and creating a worldwide hatred of Americans.... I despise that whole family.... the bush's should all jump off of a cliff.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I will stick with George Bush... I think this guy does not even deserve to be a President I dont know how he became one....

maybe his father has a hand in this.... maybe Bush senior is still running the show... who knows

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow.

Still no one looks back past 1960 for a bad President? Try Calvin Coolidge. I said Grant once before, but he mostly had real bad advise. James Buchanan. American history is rife with really bad Presidents who give new meaning to the word. James Carter and George W. Bush aren't even in the running...lose the ideology and take a real look at history...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
well here's my two cents from the past.Wilson was absolutly the worst.Why?
He took us off the gold standard and put us in the hands of the fed.If we had not been taken off the gold standard most of these presidents,and don't forget congresses,would not have had the money to pursue thier unconstitutional projects.In other words thier would have been no vietnam or iraq wars without a declaration of war from congress.Thier would have been none because we couldn't afford to go to war just to reap a profit for the corporations.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You can see the reason that "worst president" label is a fallacy within this thread.

For a real comparison, you need to be at least one generation away so only the facts of the history, not political leanings of the rater, is viewed. In 30 to 50 years, you can have an honest assessment of Bush's legacy. Otherwise, it's just a pi**ing contest of my prez is better than yours.

I think Carter was the worst president, but my Dad told me he was a great man compared to Hoover. Dad told me that back in the 90's before he died. Hard to say what he'd think now.

Keep it only on an impersonal, fact based view. Bush the younger did fairly well except the final year with the economy going south as a result of no energy policy except oil speculators pricing oil. Everything else with the economy is driven by this price.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

oh yes...
I have never thought of that guy...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Check this thread for Mr Bush anciestry...
Thread

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Friends...

Since we are counting this... at the end of you post please let us know who is the worst one!!!

Please keep in mind while voting... A President will be worst... with his deeds and decisions... stupidity or hunger for money/power... he does wrong to people and economy... and does not accept it... takes no action to improve...

Thanks for your inputs

[edit on 28-6-2008 by communicator]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
buchanan was very corrupt. supposedly, we had chance to buy cuba from royal spain. congress did not want to pony up the money in fear that he would run off with it. he was also, probably our first and only gay president. he was living with a senator, also a bachelor, who used to show up at parties with buchanan dressed as woman. not that makes him bad. just a little curious tidbit.

harding too had a very corrupt administration as well as banging his secretary in the oval office closet.

i have always liked william harrison. being president for only 30 days, he could do no damage!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

I liked the William harrison thing

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I never did say did I? Sorry 'bout that...

Wow, so many choices...

James Buchanan.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Define "worst" president ever? How evil they are? Or how stupid they are?

Bush is stupid no doubt. He's a bumbling buffoon. He has done damage for sure. But I wouldn't call him our worst. The damage he has done is out of sheer stupidity.

There are much worse presidents that have permanently damaged us, but they were evil and smart about doing it and knew very well what they were doing.

Some of them:
Woodrow Wilson
Lyndon B Johnson
Franklin D Roosevelt
Abraham Lincoln

In that order, from worst to not as worse.

Woodrow Wilson
- Federal Reserve, League of Nations, CFR (Edward Mandell House, Bernard Baruch, Otto Kahn, Jacob Schiff, Paul Warburg, J. P. Morgan, John D. Rockefeller). He sold the US out to the International Bankers the same way Bush sold out to the Neocons. Weak minded puppet president controlled behind the scenes. This man literally SOLD our nation to the banks.

Lyndon B Johnson - Corrupt to no end. The whole reason he was ever president was election fraud which was well documented. Probably behind the JFK assasination.

Franklin D Roosevelt
- Same basic reasons as Woodrow Wilson, and also dragged us into WWII.

Abraham Lincoln - Declared an illegal war on states who seceded from the union when it was perfectly legal for them to do so, and then proceeded to kill 600,000 Americans. He was also a strong proponent of a national bank (which is pure evil) Not only all that, but he was the disciple of Alexander Hamilton, Huge pusher of a National Bank. Hamilton is the biggest reason why we have a national bank today. Hamilton is a [urely evil and greedy man. He's also the mentor of Abe Lincoln. Hamilton stood for everything that the freedom-loving Thomas Jefferson was for, hence the contrasting political viewpoints "Jeffersonian" and "Hamiltonian".

[edit on 5-7-2008 by OrangeAlarmClock]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What if the worst president we ever had is the next?

Maybe you should wait for a year or two before you give Bush this prestigious title.

You have two viable choices, left or right, McCain or Obama the choice is yours. Or is it really?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

huh... I took sometime to reply on this...
yes it maybe right... Whenever I think abt Obama... I get a feeling of something mysterious (it maybe only me)

if he becomes next Pres than he may be very good or else...
but for now all my vote will go to our great G Bush

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeAlarmClock
Define "worst" president ever? How evil they are? Or how stupid they are?

Bush is stupid no doubt. He's a bumbling buffoon. He has done damage for sure. But I wouldn't call him our worst. The damage he has done is out of sheer stupidity.

By worst I mean all of what you mentioned...
but most important of them is the damage that person caused to USA and the world...

I also think that G Bush is very stupid and also ignorant... looking at him it seems that our Presidents are only puppets... being stupid and with not much knowledge still he took decision to invade Afganisthan and Iraq.... or the decision was taken by someone else???

so vote now...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I'd still put him in second place to Jimmy Carter.

I remember the gas lines, rationing, double-digit interest and inflation, an impotent foreign policy even by Bush's standards, unemployment out the wazoo... yeah, second place. George is closing the gap, though.

I still say we elected the wrong brother back then. Billy would have been a lot better.

TheRedneck

The thing is, it is very hard to judge Carter's presidency, as he was setting things up with the long term in mind, which caused some short-term problems. Kind of the anti-clinton, who set things up great for the short term, but paved the road for where we are now.

As soon as carter was out of office Reagan repealed all of Carter's energy bills, which were set up to lower our dependance on foreign oil. Even in the 70's, carter saw this coming.

Not saying he was great, just an opposing view.
For me, my vote goes to Wilson, but there truly are sooooooo many to sort through.

[edit on 9/18/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In my view,

George is the worst president you've ever had. as this is the present tense. and in life, your meant to learn from previous examples.

2008 I thought people would be more, sensible, intellegent, aware of thier behaviour and actions, in todays world.

Obviously not. His whole family are a disgrace to humanity. In fact he would be the worst president ever, if its proven that he is behind september 11th attacks. I mean there is proof, he is indirectly behind, and led to the provoking of one regardless. To top that his 8 years of his hitler crap, I can take it that hes made every bad situation worse.

What more can you say?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

huh Wilson... will take second position for me
that may be because I do not know much abt him... I need to read

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One of America's leading historians assesses George W. Bush...

George W. Bush's presidency appears headed for colossal historical disgrace. Barring a cataclysmic event on the order of the terrorist attacks of September 11th, after which the public might rally around the White House once again, there seems to be little the administration can do to avoid being ranked on the lowest tier of U.S. presidents. And that may be the best-case scenario. Many historians are now wondering whether Bush, in fact, will be remembered as the very worst president in all of American history.

The Worst President in History?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by communicator]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by communicator]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join