It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst President we ever had, George Bush??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have spoken to many elder/senior/Old people and everyone had one opinion that this is the worst president we ever had. We had Clinton who enjoyed his presidency in pleasure...but he was not that bad...

The state of America is in bad shape and is getting worse..
people are not able to pay their mortgages and they have no jobs... inflation is increasing... more jobs will be offshored...their is no chance of wars getting an end...

Expences from these Wars are huge... we are ready to pay them... but we cannot pull back from these wars... are we stuck... badly??

Who took those decisions?? to attack Iraq???
Who is challenging the world for WWIII??
who was sitting dumb in school when informed abt the attack on World trade centers??

These are the things these people are telling me... they are afraid of their retirement funds shrinking, healthcare cost increasing and prices increasing.

I am reading day to day one by one companies are reporting losses...
Is this all reason to blame George Bush?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'd still put him in second place to Jimmy Carter.

I remember the gas lines, rationing, double-digit interest and inflation, an impotent foreign policy even by Bush's standards, unemployment out the wazoo... yeah, second place. George is closing the gap, though.

I still say we elected the wrong brother back then. Billy would have been a lot better.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

yea... he is closing the gap

what about George Bush, making the world our enemy,
if US falls there will be many who will try to take our advantage...

[edit on 14-3-2008 by communicator]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of 'Li'l George'. He's cut Veterans benefits, started a war he then couldn't win (although i am still glad he started it, it had to be done), angered nations which used to be our friends, stripped us of several key liberties, helped Big Oil, Big Insurance, and Big Drugs to rape the American people, provided zero relief for an energy crisis, refused to close a porous border despite his own terrorism warnings, and allowed our economy to stall. I just don't think he's gotten as bad as Carter yet. Key word here is, yet.

Give the man time. I fear he will catch up to Jimmy Earl soon enough.

Oh, and I agree with your warning. That's why I am armed.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There is so much wrong with the US, and whoever is the president is the least of your worries. The military industrial complex isnt going to disappear just because you switch your media puppet you know.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

And yes I agree with you that he is a puppet... he sings the songs without understanding them...

I believe America will rebound back to these economic problems

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't put him second to Carter, who may have made mistakes but at least had the American people's best interests at heart. GWB works for his corporate cronies and only for them. By that definition, I don't think he even counts as an American president.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
George Bush has in effect destroyed the golden run that USA has had ever since WW2.

On Sept 11 most of the outside world felt great sympathy for Americans. Bush with his foreign policy has managed to squander even this. The outside world now has a very negative impression of the United States as a bully on the world stage.

With the ever deepening sub prime mortgage crises, USA is headed for a huge depression and USA will never be as rich and powerful again. Bush cannot stand back and say the White House had no role in this collapse.

What has been permitted is in effect banking corruption.

Banks are the only agencies allowed to create credit. The US Government sets Treasury policy. Bush allowed runaway creation of bank credit.

Banks are allowed to create credit only up to a percentage of funds held. In my country that percentage varies, but hovers around 15% of funds loaned out.

What the banks have done is parcel up bad debts and sell those debts/mortgages to other financial institutions as securities (when in fact they were liabilities)

What this did was twofold.:

(1) It cleared the business (credit) off their books and allowed them to create even more credit all over again.

(2) profits from the bundling up of securities created new equity for new credit creation.

What has happened in the States is that banks have been allowed to roll over debt so much that the actual equity backing for funds loaned out may be as low as 2%

Now add on to that a President who has spent 4 trillion dollars on a war in Iraq which just gets ever bigger and no wonder USA's economy is dropping like a lead brick.

Bush has squandered all of America's wealth on the streets of Baghdad. Still Bush's mates at Haliburton aren't complaining.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

I was thinking more along the lines of actual performance, for instance, I have not gone hungry since Bush took over. Can't say the same for Carter.

But if you want to go on terms of intent, then, yeah, Bush is definitely number one.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sorry. Throughout American history there are many who blow Bush out of the water.

James Buchanan, Ulysses Grant, and Calvin Coolidge, just to name my top(?) three.

Look 'em up. Notice that James Carter isn't amongst them?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter did not cause the queues of petrol under his term. That was OPEC cutting production.

Under Bush The United States has been sold off lock stock and barrel to Arab and Chinese investors. Who do you think owns America now ?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

This is starting to get funny. You're telling me how bad Bush is, I'm telling you how bad Bush is, and we're arguing about it?

I'm on your side where Bush is concerned. He's definitely on the top ten. I just think Carter was a bit worse so far. I went without food under Carter, and it doesn't matter who was at fault for what happened. The President is responsible. It's in his job description.

And the post above makes another good point. We've had some doosies in the past, long before the memory of anyone here. Grant... oh, boy, the complete destruction of the economic resources of several states, political scars that last to this day... heck, I'd say he beats Carter hands down!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
I wouldn't put him second to Carter, who may have made mistakes but at least had the American people's best interests at heart.

Nice point. Carter failed for actually trying. Bush failed on purpose. They're not worst and second worst in any order. They're opposite ends of the spectrum.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
USA has had strife before, but not as such a direct consequence of incompetent leadership as now under Bush.

Bush has done to the States what Bin Laden could scarcely dream of.

The collapse of the World Trade Centre did not destroy America, but Bush's reaction sure has.

There has been nothing like this collapse since 1929.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My opinion is George Bush has put the American public interest on line to fullfill what global elite want... there were other Presidents who did this but they were not present in White house for this long... and not went for war on wrong reports...

I think he should do some good so that he can be remmbered for something...

sometimes I also feel that he is not that bad, but then his deeds points in different direction... so is he a bad leader + he is in white house during the worst time??? which is adding to his image?? also adding that he is not a good decision maker??

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Four years from now it will be President Obama
who tops the 'worst president ever' list. We all aren't happy with Bush 43 now ... just wait .... after 4 years of President Obama we will be looking back at these as 'the good ol' days".

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Worst president (n modern times)

Jimmy Carter or LBJ - Both equally unsuited for the job

Young Bush seems to be the runner up mostly for his weak kneed approach to Iraq.
First, you don't go looking for the least amount of troops to do the job, just do it with an iron fist and get it over with quickly.
Second, the immigration policy and enforcement has been inept at EVERY LEVEL to the point of being laughable by the Mexican terrorists(drug runners)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen... George Bush the Stand up comedian...
Check the video... and keep laughing

Link
How can this guy be a President?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by communicator]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
NBC goes one step ahead and asks if he is an IDIOT or inarticulate??
you Decide...

Watch This

[edit on 27-6-2008 by communicator]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall GWB works for his corporate cronies and only for them. By that definition, I don't think he even counts as an American president.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Silenceisall]

Which one of them do not practice this these day's? Corporations run the country not the president.
I just can't understand how you can put the blame on just one person.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join