It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China issues human rights record of United States in 2007

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Everyone knows Americans lack mirrors,so we present one for you.
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyboy0

By providing a dead link??????

Also its worth adding China has cooked up false reports before.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Link worked for me.

Though I am skeptical about the sorce I am sure it will be interesting to read.

On the other hand though it is easy to see where the American human’s rights stand for most of the politicians. Those rights often stand just under the heel of politicians.

Raist

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

The report consists of 7 parts,in general as follows:

I. On Life, Property and Personal Security

The increase of violent crimes in the United States poses a serious threat to its people's lives, liberty and personal security.

II. On Human Rights Violations by Law Enforcement and Judicial Departments

The abuse of their power by law enforcement and judicial departments in the United States has seriously violated the freedom and rights of its citizens.

III. On Civil and Political Rights

The freedom and rights of individual citizens are being increasingly marginalized in the United States.

IV. On Economic, Social and Cultural rights

The deserved economic, social and cultural rights of American citizens have not been properly protected.

V. On Racial Discrimination

Racial discrimination is a deep-rooted social illness in the United States.

VI. On the Rights of Women and Children

The conditions of women and children in the United States are worrisome

VII. On the Violation of Human Rights in Other Countries

The United States has a notorious record of trampling on the sovereignty of and violating human rights in other countries.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Agreed.
But I think any "reports" coming out of particularly China are more or less to be ignored. They have shown a willingness and almost zeal for trying to pass off falsehoods for fact.
They seem to be good at playing the childish game of "I know you are but what am I?" especially I remember them getting criticized by the US for how they treat their people.

Remember when they claimed they unlocked cold fusion?

Of how they want "reunification" with Taiwan when no one in Taiwan wants to go back to Chinese rule.
I know this is semantics but if a country wants to "reunify" doesn't it mean both parts want to get back together? I mean the War of 1812 after all was an attempt for Britain to "reunify" the 13 colonies.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I thought we had a Mirror..... Liberals. [/humor]

If it's logical and applicable, it should all be taken into consideration.

Anarchy! Everyone should be taught Ethics in Kindergarten, and that be it.

An F in that class would mean; Fatality.

My new equation for life is, No Tolerance = High Morality

[Edit] Do you ever post something and then realize your Terminology is flawed? Anyway, Educational Figures would be the authority, outside of that would be Anarchy!

[edit on 14/3/08 by Kokasion]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well regardless of the origination of the link and the supposed nation offering the information, sorry to bring this to you people but after reading from one to seven of the issues I am afraid that they are right.

Nothing more depressing that getting a slap on the face with our own home grown problems.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
Also its worth adding China has cooked up false reports before.

An example being?

Of how they want "reunification" with Taiwan when no one in Taiwan wants to go back to Chinese rule.

So the Pan-Blue (pro-china/unification) got elected by a landslide because no one agreed with their policies?.

You dont even have a basic grasp of Chinese issues

"Load your head, before you shot your mouth"

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
China has no right to criticize America. They are utter slime when it comes to human rights.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
China has no right to criticize America. They are utter slime when it comes to human rights.

Of course they dont, no one can criticise the Americans, because its their god-given right not to be criticise. If you think otherwise , they'll invade you.

Now let me see

- Genocide of Native Americans

- Genocide of the Philippine's

- Genocide of Vietnamese

- Genocide of the Iraqis which is over 1million according to recent studies

And then look at their domestic policies

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

I can just as easily dump on China's human rights record.

hrw.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
I can just as easily dump on China's human rights record.

hrw.org...

The "smoking barrel"

Those reports are bad because?.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
China is correct on every one of those accounts.

However there is a difference... we are part of Western civilization which has exploded in a relatively short period of time.

China and Chinese culture and society are truly ancient things. They have been modeled by steady philosophy and politics for thousands of years...

Is there anything steady about the development of western philosophy and politics? Absolutely not. We are fast and radical.

So yes, Western civilization has social dillemas that China does not... but China itself has demonstrated a brutality upon it's own populace that America would be horrified to witness. Again, these are major differences and we are very different cultures.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Well, that's the point.

Every year the US releases a report condemning the human rights policies of rivals, and mostly ignoring the human rights policies of ourselves and our allies.

The Chinese are smart enough to know good propaganda when they see it, and have recently taken to doing exactly the same thing to the US.

It's pretty funny, actually

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

The pot is allowed to call the kettle black, and the kettle is allowed to call the pot black. "lol: I favor the US... still.

reply to post by chinawhite

Whoa, be careful there, are you sure it's genocide, native american maybe, the rest I don't know.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
but China itself has demonstrated a brutality upon it's own populace that America would be horrified to witness.

You're damn right NWO, and that is a HUGE deal. Because the reason why the chinese government can do such a thing. It is very sinister, if china become too strong, those people might unleash hell upon the world.
China and Japan, they are both extremely dangerous, more than the US or the British Empire IMO. I wish the US are not so chummy with Japan. I'm not sure they (the americans) get it though.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
but China itself has demonstrated a brutality upon it's own populace that America would be horrified to witness.

But the concept of "china" does not completely fit into the western notion of a nation. China is larger than western Europe and has more people than America and Europe combined. If you can understand why Germany could attack France than you can understand why China can attack China.

But what particular instances are you referring to?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Whoa, be careful there, are you sure it's genocide, native american maybe, the rest I don't know.

Under the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide it defines it as..

Article 2

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

the Philippine's national identity were practically erased during and after their war of independence from America. Scorched earth campaigns, reeducation at concentration camps and the death of 1 million people.

The Vietnamese war was the same as the above, focusing mainly on the concentration camps which prevented most from growing plants in their fields. Forced Americanization and the casualties of 3 million deaths, agent orange meets more than one criteria

The Iraq is not finished yet but same as the above, but though economic starvation and deliberately causing mental harm through torture house arrest. The death toll is higher than 1 million persons according to the latest figures

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I have an idea lets all go to Tiananmen Square and talk about it.

Maybe we'll have a "tanking" good time.

But in all seriousness.....
The crimes America has done.
Have all been multiple generations past. I agree what was done to the Native Americans (part of my own bloodline) was reprehensible.
Vietnam was an idiotic debacle and America does have a large amount to be blamed for.

China on the other hand.
The current leadership of China has been a part of brutality and conquest closer to the end of the last century.
The conquest of Tibet.
The want to crush Taiwan's wish for independence.
And so on and so forth.

Of course I am ignoring the various CTs out there btw.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
I have an idea lets all go to Tiananmen Square and talk about it.

There was no such thing as the Tienanmen Square massacre, because no one was ever killed there. Of course there were deaths that day but the media over played it and over dramatized what actually happened. The US intelligence agency gives a estimate of 400 or so deaths which is close to the 200~300 figure that the Chinese government released. There was a equal amount of dead para-military soldiers because the protesters weren't democracy seeking students but 2 million students + equal or greater amount of construction workers protesting on the lack of living standards. Chinese economic liberation had just begun in the south and had not reached the North so their was a great disparity of wealth. Long story involving a large crowd with soldiers ordered not to fire while been overwhelmed

If you actually research history about Tienanmen Square. The last 5000 students were filmed by a spainish film crew organized by the government leaving Tienanmen Square. If you try hard enough you can find the film on a CCTV achieve or some website. Or these eyewitness accounts by the protesters given to the American embassy which is no where near Tienanmen. Most of the battles happened around Tienanmen square not directly in it. The battles happened in Changan Boulevard which is the road which leads to Tienanmen and the road which the PLA took to the center

Like there reliable sources.
"Embassy officials also report conversations with angry citizens, some "claiming that more than 10,000 people had been killed at Tienanmen." One woman claimed to have witnessed a tank running over 11 people. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Foreign journalists report seeing fleeing protesters shot in the back"

That makes perfect sense seeing as how i actually saw the last protesters leaving the square. That's the problem with "western" or student accounts. they don't back their claims up with photos movie shots

Read the actual document 31. I supplied one which i outlined in a square box

It says. "The PLA did not fire directly on students gathered around the martyrs monument on Tienanmen square. Troops beat, and probably killed some students after they left the square" .

These eyewitness accounts are coming from the actual protesters not the Chinese government. They themselves admit that no action actually happened in Tienanmen square but around the square. While you go to Tienanmen square it is open space but you go around the outside there is places to hide or get cover from

And again i refer to document 31

The battles waged around the square rather than on it. Witnesses present at the martyrs monument describe a errie lack of action on the square itself

And this is the document you brought up not me. So your made a pathetic attempt without even looking at the actual document and trying to call me out?. Pathetic indeed

The current leadership of China has been a part of brutality and conquest closer to the end of the last century.

China is on its 5th president. This again shows the lack of knowledge you have on this issue

The conquest of Tibet.

According to most countries and the UN, Tibet is a part of china. They signed it 1000 years ago and re-confirmed it in 1950

The want to crush Taiwan's wish for independence.

Oxymoron.

America is also crushing Chinas wish to reunify

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join