It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China issues human rights record of United States in 2007

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
Just read the stupid thread.
Sheesh.

I already have

I read it when it was on page 5 but seemed to have exploded just then. We already have a similar thread with practically the same people over in this section of other current events

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
Just read the stupid thread.
Sheesh.

I already have

I read it when it was on page 5 but seemed to have exploded just then. We already have a similar thread with practically the same people over in this section of other current events

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
- Genocide of Native Americans

- Genocide of the Philippine's

- Genocide of Vietnamese

- Genocide of the Iraqis which is over 1million according to recent studies

And then look at their domestic policies

Perhaps you should look up the definition of the word genocide in your dictionary. Your aggressive way of defending China's policies in the thread on Tibet would make me almost think you are working for the Chinese government.

Israel also has an army of e-zombies attacking everything that is against the interest of Israel. I would not be surprised if China, especially with the upcoming Games, has such an internet army as well.

There is no need for mirrors, even though the US human rights records are from what they are ought to be, China's records are worse. In the US you have at least the right to protest without facing the risk of getting killed. Also when you go to to prison you can be sure they won't execute you in order to sell your organs.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Perhaps you should look up the definition of the word genocide in your dictionary.

I have already answered it just below

Under the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide it defines it as..

Article 2

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

The Philippine's national identity were practically erased during and after their war of independence from America. Scorched earth campaigns, reeducation at concentration camps and the death of 1 million people.

The Vietnamese war was the same as the above, focusing mainly on the concentration camps which prevented most from growing plants in their fields. Forced Americanization and the casualties of 3 million deaths, agent orange meets more than one criteria

The Iraq is not finished yet but same as the above, but though economic starvation and deliberately causing mental harm through torture house arrest. The death toll is higher than 1 million persons according to the latest figures

Your aggressive way of defending China's policies in the thread on Tibet would make me almost think you are working for the Chinese government.

Thats quite insulting. I have read your posts before, maybe you are being paid by the American government to spread lies about china. The argument can work both ways.

Also when you go to to prison you can be sure they won't execute you in order to sell your organs.

In China thats what the media says about the US

This is a point I brought up in another thread

So saying that the Chinese people are stupid enough to be manipulated contending that only Americans are smart enough to understand the truth. What is even worst than people like IAF101 are people like you who think they are Sanctimonious and have this higher moral authority on the issue

You also claim that Chinese people are barbaric enough to kill 2 million Tibetans[or steal organs] trying to gain the moral upper hand. You are no less right than the colonist/missionaries which went into "unclaimed" terrotiy and insulted them by saying their traditions and cultures are barbaric because they don't fit into western ideals

Dont you lecture me about insults

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So if you kill more than one member of any group that's genocide!

If that weren't propaganda it would be hilarious.

You should be more careful who's arguments you borrow. Shame is very hard to wash off.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
So if you kill more than one member of any group that's genocide!

The actual meaning of genocide is the one which I gave above. But because of the media distortion we come to view it as something else. Thats why you find it strange to accept the meaning for what it actually is

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This discussion is silly. "My daddy can kick your daddy's a$$".

Both extremes of the debate have been effected by their respective countries propaganda.

I read the report as if I read it from a western news agency (with a grain of salt that is
). That report has some good points and some that are pure propaganda. It is just like watching the news in America. You are presented a group of facts and they are distorted to say what the government wants.

This document that was provided by the OP is propaganda just like western news. Many of the points are ridiculously bias ridden (part I was against private gun ownership, part IV was Marxist BS, etc... those are just the ones that jumped out at me).

Personally, I am against the existence of a state, whether it be China or the US. Governments exist to steal, kill, and oppress.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ha Ha Ha

Apperently America has the highest percentage, per capita, of criminals, crooked politicians, and whores on the planet.

The poor are getting stupider and the rich are getting greedier.

Americans are fatter, lazier, stupider and unhealthier than any other country.

Where do these retards get thier information?

Oh they get it from our controlled media outlets and government manipulated statistics.

Funny shi@

[edit on 19-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Actually I do believe they compiled the report from statistics issued by the US government

That we have (by far) the highest prison population on the planet is not a fact that is even in dispute.

Anyway, China kind of shot themselves in the foot with the timing of this report.

Coming, as it did, right before their rather brutal crackdown in Tibet.

I guess the US will have to go bomb some new bunch of brown people to make up for the imbalance in government atrocities

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That we have (by far) the highest prison population on the planet is not a fact that is even in dispute.

This is mainly due to the BS War on Drugs. All of organized crime and gang disputes are due to the amazing profits illegal drug distributors can receive. Our government criminalizes its own citizens for the sake of 'order' and sends these people to prison. While at the same time, our government looks the other way as cartels push drugs into the country and sometimes is involved directly in the drug trade. Every few years they bust a rival drug cartel to convince the public that our money isn't being wasted.

Add this on top of our failing rehabilitation rates in prisons then you have a situation like ours.

It is like our government wants us to be in prison.

BACK TO TOPIC

I believe that the governments of China and the US are both evil, and they want the public of the respective nation to hate the other in order to hide the mutual dishonesty and human rights violations. Many westerners blame China for the debacle in Myanmar, but it is not like the US did not have any interest in the crushing of the protest (cough* CHEVRON *cough).

In the OP, they said that this was a mirror. It is not, it is a distraction to the real issue at hand. Instead of blaming each other for sucking worse then ourself, we should look at ourselves as a whole and see how much we all suck, and then fix it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join