It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messages in Movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've wondered for many years if 'hidden' messages would be in movies? I'm not talking subliminal but more of a 'put-two-and-two-together' sort of thing. Some are blatant like 'Enemy of the State', 'V for Vendetta'; however, I'm talking about ALL movies and how each one 'tells' a message behind it. I guess I tried to put 2 & 2 together after watching 'I AM LEGEND' and the alt-ending. The alt-ending of 'I AM LEGEND' fit so well with the rest of the movie. Why just hack it off at the knees with suicide? Makes NO director sense AT ALL!!

After reading 'The Day After Roswell' portion of the book where the gov. poured in hundreds of thousands of dollars into the movie industry to desensitize the masses in case an all out war erupted and we wouldn't be so shocked by allien's appearances because of what we saw in the movies.

personally, IMO, there are multiple messages, but, I guess i'm just trying to find the major ones that would point me in the direction.

anyone else out there think of this before??

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If you are not already familiar with this guys work, I'm sure you'll find interest in it based on your post.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hey I too would like to know some ideas.

I see a potential problem in that, excepting some hardcore proof like an interview with a movie director or script writer saying "Yes, I was contacted by the government to condition the public to the existence of aliens and wrote 'War of the Worlds', there's no way to prove which came first: conditioning the public about aliens or a general fascination in America at the time with the possibilities of aliens, which sparked movies on the subject.

Same thing with 'Doomsday' movies like "Armageddon", "The Day After Tomorrow", "Independence Day", etc. Sure, we ATSers would all love for there to be a huge conspiracy by the government to condition us to the end of the world as we know it, but isn't it also likely that we are generally interested in such topics anyways?

Heck, look at religion.. many of them contain doomsday scenarios. And since the beginning of mankind, we have gazed to the stars, and wondered if were were alone.

Is the cartoon and movie "Transformers" a way of conditioning us for the year 2130 when enormous robots walk the Earth? Or is it just a fun cartoon for little boys? Not everything is a conspiracy. Then again, I can't prove that

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
If you are not already familiar with this guys work, I'm sure you'll find interest in it based on your post.
www.youtube.com...

Hey, I admit I only watched the first short clip, so maybe the others will clue me in.. but so far it seems like he's just OGT.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
hey, I just wanna say , you guys need to watch
FUTURAMA : the beast with a billion backs.
It happens during the time of the "Tiger" which is 2011 before 2012....
The beast is actually a cloudy planet which represent heaven.
Bender and his fellow Alcohol Drinking Robots are in a underground cult.

whats the true story behind this movie?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
OH I JUST BROUGHT THAT DVD I WILL WATCH IT RIGHT NOW

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ever since the dawn of Hollywood, Hollywood films were filled with subversive material promoting a decadent, multi-cultural and pseudo-democratic society of simpleminded, selfish and hedonistic people. Kids were encouraged to rebel against their parents, to mix with those of other races and to use drugs because it's "cool" whereas all those defending traditional morallity were portrayed as dumb rednecks who don't have a clue. From the rebellious Mulan to the bigoted Archie Bunker, it's all propaganda.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My husband and I have thought so for years. In fact after watching The Manchurian Candidate, we won't go near Cup O' Noodles.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Movies have always had 'subliminal' messages. TV, too. Humans make movies, and humans all have opinions. Therefore, it is only logical to realize that these opinions will creep into any movie/TV show/etc.

Here's a list of some examples:

• Any old 'b' horror - The government/law enforcement is inept and won't listen; the average joe can be a hero; the average joe can also be lunch.
  • Any old western - Men should be tough and strong; women should be gentle and soft (except Annie Oakley
    )
  • King Kong - Greed will destroy natural wonders; man should stay away from things he does not understand.
  • Gilligan's Island - there are things in life more important than money
  • The Beverly Hillbillies - there are things in life more important than money
  • M*A*S*H - war is hell, but soldiers are heroes... and human.
  • The Hobbit - An indicidual can be capable of much more than they think they are.
  • the China Syndrome - nuclear power is too dangerous
  • Predator/Alien (all of them) - humans are inherently weak, but can somehow survive.
  • Lord Of The Rings - Loyalty and Honor are worth more than strength and might.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - People are not always who they seem.
  • Any Larry the Cable Guy movie - Larry is funny.

• Fahrenheit 911 - Michael Moore is confused.

• An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore is stupid (couldn't resist that one!
    )

TheRedneck

[edit on 1-8-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Personally I think Spielberg is the biggest messeger/disinfo agent ever.

Close Encounters
AI
ET
The Indy films
Men in Black
Numerous holocaust films
the list is too big.....

I only realised a few weeks ago, The Doc in back to the future is supposed to be related to Wernher von Brown!

(interesting von brown related vid www.livevideo.com...)

And now he is working on "When Worlds Collide"

Alpha Centauri is on a collision course for Earth, and mass hysteria of biblical proportions breaks out in the streets

www.imdb.com...

I like to think he is a good guy, trying to show us the "truth" but part of me thinks he's another Oliver Stone.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutoftheBoxthinker
Ever since the dawn of Hollywood, Hollywood films were filled with subversive material promoting a decadent, multi-cultural and pseudo-democratic society of simpleminded, selfish and hedonistic people.

I agree, but it wasn't until the last 30 years or so that the sex, drugs and violence got totally out of hand in entertainment. If there had been video games 30 years ago, there would have been no way in hell that today's hyper-violent killing games would have been acceptable back then....at all. Unless you're over 40 you have know idea what a nicer world it was back then.

We are going down hill. Personally, I believe it will just keep getting worse as long as we keep removing God from everything.

Here is what our forefathers had to say about our nation and God:

Benjamin Franklin:
"We have been assured...in the Sacred Writings, that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it."

George Washington:
"Whereas it is the duty of nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and to humbly implore His protection and favor..."

Abraham Lincoln:
"It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to owe their dependence upon the overruling power of God, and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures, and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord."

In 1892, the Supreme Court:
"Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise...:"

Without loving God and acknowledging Him, things will get much worse.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by rocknroll]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beefeater
Personally I think Spielberg is the biggest messeger/disinfo agent ever.

I suffice to say, his messages would be alot different if he were a Christian.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've come to realize that every movie starring Keanu Reeves is gonna have some sort of message attached to it.

And Will Smith
and Tom Cruise

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Excellent thread

Some very good answeres, to what is, the "ultimate-question"?
psychedeliack just checked on that video, seems very interesting will get back in there when i have more time.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
I agree, but it wasn't until the last 30 years or so that the sex, drugs and violence got totally out of hand in entertainment. If there had been video games 30 years ago, there would have been no way in hell that today's hyper-violent killing games would have been acceptable back then....at all. Unless you're over 40 you have know idea what a nicer world it was back then.

My father is born in 1950 often told me about when he was a kid and a teenager. I know it was much better then.

Still, the distortion of traditional society happened a long time ago. The French and American revolutions were one step in the process. The social revolution of the 1960s are another such step.

Originally posted by rocknroll
We are going down hill. Personally, I believe it will just keep getting worse as long as we keep removing God from everything.

It is important to collectively believe in something higher than the material and the individual, however we do not need the Christian God. In fact, I strongly support replacing Christianity by a pagan mindset. IMO, Christianity is quite primitive and obselete.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Movies have always had 'subliminal' messages. TV, too. Humans make movies, and humans all have opinions. Therefore, it is only logical to realize that these opinions will creep into any movie/TV show/etc.

Here's a list of some examples:.......

Great list, but what about "Superbad"? Do you think there was some sort of message in that movie???

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hellraiser=dont open funny puzzle boxes
Braveheart=Dont mess with mel gibson
The passion of the Christ= Dont mess with the romans

Ok but seriously i wouldn't say they were brainwashing you etc www.youtube.com... This guy likes his symbols...good watch...but i wouldn't sing about his credibility from the rooftops...

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
Ok but seriously i wouldn't say they were brainwashing you

I doubt they really use subliminal messages, but Hollywood has definitely been a source of subversion from its very foundation.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OutoftheBoxthinker

Maybe, in some films, some people with traditional values and morals are presented as ignorant boffins because, among other things, they think that mixing with other races is a bad thing. Such people can always warm their souls by viewing "Birth of a Nation", or a Leni Riefenstahl documentary. Or something more innocuous like "Going My Way"...or "27 Dresses".

Books, music, theatre and television might also be considered subversive.

To the OP: I just viewed the alternate ending to "I Am Legend". I agree with you; I think it's a better ending. I don't know if there's already been a "director's cut" release of the film on DVD. If there hasn't been, it'll be interesting to see which ending is used.

Poor judgement by the producers, I reckon.

Yeah, some films may have messages. Some probably don't. I watched "Vacancy" last night and I'd be hard-pressed to figure out the message in that movie. Of course there's nothing inherently insidious about a film having a message.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
thx to all who've replied to this thread only for the simple fact to help bring to light what 'maybe' a sinister plot..

Heres' the reason I say this ..

TONS of kudos go out to our member Soulspirit for posting the moive he saw; which is why I made this thread based off that movie.

The movie, I don't think came out in theather, dvd only I think .. It's called .. "The Island". It's where the Wealthy,
and prestigious movie stars and ultra rich have themselves
cloned in order to use their cloned bodies for parts when theirs
begin to fall apart. (copy & pasted from Soulspirts explanination, which is really what the movie's about)

That movie, which I need to watch it again, REALLY started making think about the possiblities.

In a world of black budgets, trillions of dollars being spent on anything and everything like a teenager with 1000$ in their pocket coupled with what we know about cloning these days.. which is VERY errirly similar to the clone wars.. *shiver*..

I know it's possible, but, are the subject title in this thread reads.. can we take what we are seeing, reading a war of 2 invisable forces ??

Is there really a message ??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join