It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Possible Noah's Ark Landed in the U.S.?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was reading a news article today talking about Native American DNA, and it made me wonder, maybe Noahs Ark came to rest in the United States instead.

According to the article all Native American's originated from 6 women, and I know there were only a few women on the Ark.

Here is the link to the article Indian DNA links to 6 'Founding Mothers'

NEW YORK - Nearly all of today's Native Americans in North, Central and South America can trace part of their ancestry to six women whose descendants immigrated around 20,000 years ago, a DNA study suggests.

Is that possible? Could Noah have landed on maybe Mt St Helen's?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Interesting theory - I think Noah was on the Ark about a year..But don't think it had sails so I doubt it would be able to get this far.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think it very clearly states in the Bible that Noah's Ark came to rest on Mount Ararat. So why would you accept the truth and reality of one bit of information in the Bible (the Ark), and not accept the truth and reality of another (that it landed on Ararat)? Are you implying that the Bible is right sometimes and wrong other times?

I think that might actually qualify as heresy, you heretical heretic.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Considering that most biblical scholars believe the Noah's Ark myth to be taken from Sumerian mythology then i doubt it.

Epic of Atrahasis

Tablet III of the Atrahasis Epic contains the flood story. This is the part that was adapted in the Epic of Gilgamesh, tablet XI. Tablet III of Atrahasis tells how the god Enki warns the hero Atrahasis ("Extremely Wise") of Shuruppak, speaking through a reed wall (suggestive of an oracle) to dismantle his house (perhaps to provide a construction site) and build a boat to escape the flood planned by the god Enlil to destroy mankind. The boat is to have a roof "like Apsu" (a fresh water marsh next to the temple of Enki), upper and lower decks, and to be sealed with bitumen. Atrahasis boards the boat with his family and animals and seals the door. The storm and flood begin.

Ziusudra

Flood myths with many similarities to the Sumerian story appear widely in subsequent Ancient Near Eastern mythologies: including the Atrahasis myth, the Utnapishtim episode in the Epic of Gilgamesh, and the biblical Noah story.
Deities (or a deity) create the animals and human beings, but people anger the god(s), so they decide to wipe out the world with a flood. A divine being warns one pious person of the impending flood and tells him to build a very large boat, and with it he preserves the animals and mankind from extinction. In the end the god(s) reward him for his actions.

Noah's Ark

The majority of modern Biblical scholars accept the thesis that the Biblical flood story is linked to a cycle of Assyro-Babylonian mythology with which it shares many features. The Mesopotamian flood-myth had a very long currency—the last known retelling dates from the 3rd century BC. A substantial number of the original Sumerian, Akkadian and Assyrian texts, written in cuneiform, have been recovered by archaeologists, but the task of recovering more tablets continues, as does the translation of extant tablets

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

That doesnt make it an impossible does it?

The main point is America was started from 6 women.

And Noahs Ark seems to be a passed down story, so it is possible a Ark of some kind landed in the US.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would presume that if there is any truth to the story of Noah and his ark that wherever it landed there would be a great diversity of life, maybe a landmass joined with Africa where there is a massive amount of animal life of all levels living together.

But personally I remain a skeptic to the whole idea.

No offence to any belief.

Regards S_G

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
I would presume that if there is any truth to the story of Noah and his ark that wherever it landed there would be a great diversity of life, maybe a landmass joined with Africa where there is a massive amount of animal life of all levels living together.

You'd find a great diversity of animal life, contrasted with a shocking similarity all of the people, since they would all essentially be related to Noah or someone from his little punky village.

Besides, the Bible never says anything about Noah being an Indian. Doesn't mention Indians at all, unless you count that Book of Mormon.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
GOOD THEORY:

It is. It fits with the Navajo and their creation story. They believe they came out of the earth after a great disaster or a great flood... sound familiar?

Yes, there are ALOT of Native American creation stories that mention arising from the earth - maybe starting over again?

The anthropology field however will show that Native Americans are also descended from Siberians, having crossed into America via Alaska during the ice age. This I believe is the truth. However, after the first Americans immigrated to America, is it not possible that they witnessed the global flood? Yes, certainly. I don't know if they were involved with the Ark but they DO have stories like the Ark, where they go underground to avoid the flood.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The main point is America was started from 6 women.

You are leaving out the rest: Who's descendants immigrated around 20,000 years ago.

Also, there were more than 6 women, it's just that genetically there were only 6 women whose genes survived to the present.

Also, if you take the Noah's Ark story literally then it had to have happened during recorded history, i.e. the last 5000 years.

And Noahs Ark seems to be a passed down story, so it is possible a Ark of some kind landed in the US.

Except science has shown that Amerindians crossed via the Bering Land Bridge and that genetically they are most closely related to peoples of East Asia.

cormac

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
The anthropology field however will show that Native Americans are also descended from Siberians, having crossed into America via Alaska during the ice age......

Is it possible the Siberians descended from the natives?

Maybe they crossed the land bridge, or ice bridge, but the other way.

Could be the other way around and we just assume the other.

Is that possible, im not up on all the DNA stuff.
How do they know which people came first?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Is that possible, im not up on all the DNA stuff.

DNA research. They compare African, European, Asian, Pacific etc. and they determine which ethnic groups preceded which. It's a process of elimination but it's rock solid because the genetic record is there for us to look at.

African ancestry is first, then indian, european, asian, native american. I suppose Siberians (asian) and Native Americans were so close together in genetic history it would be hard to say who came first. Every race is ancient.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's never been proven that there was a global flood anyway right?
I mean if the bible/sumerian myths state a global flood it could just mean the world as they know it.
I saw a good show on tv about how they thought the black sea area was a likely spot for the flood. Something about the bospherous straits if i remember right.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
For anyone interested in the genetics behind the OP, this should help explain things.

www3.nationalgeographic.com...

www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/

cormac

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

The sumerian myth that the Noahs Ark story is based on was about a flood of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers were there civilization was located. It wasnt a story about a global flood. That was made up later.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeTracker

I think it's generally accepted at this point that the rapid climate change at the end of the last Ice Age around 12,000 years ago (possibly related to a small asteroid impact), created widespread glacial thawing, torrential rain and flooding in various parts of the world, which resulted in similar myths being created among different people of the time. Like now, Neolithic people tended to live near rivers, and quite a few tribes and cities probably ended up washed away. Sad times all around. Definitely worthy of cooking up a myth or two.

So there wasn't exactly a global flood as described in the Bible, but extremely nasty weather worldwide.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Is it possible that Noah's Ark landed in the U.S.? No. It's not possible. Why? Because the story of Noah is a myth. Get over it. It has no more truth in it than any other ancient myth told in any other religion. Stop wasting your time on this crap. Think of all the progress we could make if people would spend their time on worthwhile activities instead of wasting it chasing evidence of myths.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah ok all biblical history is 'crap' and it's all fairy tales.

We get it. Thanks for the valuable input.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
Is it possible that Noah's Ark landed in the U.S.? No. It's not possible. Why? Because the story of Noah is a myth. Get over it. It has no more truth in it than any other ancient myth told in any other religion. Stop wasting your time on this crap. Think of all the progress we could make if people would spend their time on worthwhile activities instead of wasting it chasing evidence of myths.

So who decides whats worthwhile. You?

There are no stupid questions only stupid answers, as you have just proven.

mojo.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2Is it possible the Siberians descended from the natives?

No, and it's only the most recent Athabaskan language group tribes (west coast) that are descended directly from the Siberians.

Maybe they crossed the land bridge, or ice bridge, but the other way.

No. There's no ancient humans in the Americas (before 20,000 years ago) like there are elsewhere.

Skeletons and settlements.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeTracker

True. In fact, it's been disproven by written records and archaeological records (and genetic records, too.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join