It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo's over pentagon 1949

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eagle1229
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Zarni,
Instead of an Ornithopter, they are more like an egg in a nest,
except for the far right object which has a Sikorskian look to it.

I never thought of that.

This is perhaps, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

But stil, I never thought of that

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
My guess is that these are some geese flying from right to left in the pic, closer to the camera than the building.

Fake or not that is the question here and NOT geese..

WTF
a bunch of geese ??????LOL

[edit on 14-3-2008 by goatboy]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Geese ? - my God thats funnier than swamp gas, I might star your post out of humour

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Ornithopters! - from dune ppl, come on.... who doesnt remember Dune! ?!?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Dude... I dont think you see birds the same way as the rest of us, nothing wrong with that... I just dont think what we call birds and what you call birds are the same thing.

If thats a Goose, it's gotta be pregnant with triplets, and flying with one duff wing...

And let me remind you, Geese dont fly alone, and they certainly dont fly that far apart from each other or no-where near at least a slightly forested area.

I dont think people would have been surprised by geese flying, what you're saying is offensive to the person who posted this image - clearly the person who gave him the photos wasn't impressed by lobsided pregnant one-winged geese flying in the most ridiculous geese formation ever.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by mortalengine]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Based on the research I have completed on the picture those would be some big birds... as in big bird from Sesame Street.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If the gentleman or lady who has possession of the original slide is on the board, you can reach me at [email protected] and I'll be more then happy to examine the slide, or copy of the original slide. Your evidence will be completely safe, but I urge you to get me a *copy* of the slide while you retain the original. IF you have the negative, that too would be very desirable for examination.

I'll give complete instructions and we'll both agree to sending and receiving so you're comfortable with making sure your data is returned at the completion of the exam. I'll also provide my phone number where you can reach me 24/7.

After 1pm today I will only be reachable by phone as I'll have no internet availability til saturday morning/afternoon.

Look forward to hearing from you.

~Jeff

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine

Ornithopters! - from dune ppl, come on.... who doesnt remember Dune! ?!?

The SPICES!!!!

(sorry for the one liner...had to be done)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am not sure, but I think the one to the far right is actually the street lamp. Isn't the street lamp pole right below it?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

This is becoming very interesting, Please let us know if you get any actual evidence in hand, as I am sure your analysis will be spot on and might serve to deter any additional craziness from developing.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
I dont think people would have been surprised by geese flying, what you're saying is offensive to the person who posted this image

Oops! ...I didn't mean to be offensive to the person who posted the image. My apologies if that is the case. I was being lazy, focusing on the picture, and didn't read the C2C story until just now.

The story seems to be fairly credible. As good as any, I guess. The objects appear to me to be part of the original photo and not post-processed.

From the C2C story:

The objects quickly disappeared as quickly as they appeared

This one on the left seems to be in the process of disappearing, as it's left side is missing.

Hopefully JR can add some value here

P.S. Not a Dune fan... sorry

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
Based on the research I have completed on the picture those would be some big birds... as in big bird from Sesame Street.

Please share your findings with us

Based on your research, what are the approximate dimensions of the objects in question, and how did you arrive at your conclusion?

I believe big bird is about 6 feet tall. That would provide a pretty snug interior for the craft in question

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

ohhhhhhhhh! i am a dune fan for sure. orinthopters are awesome. i wish i had one. then i could battle the giant sand worms and find their new born and drink the birth water and then be the kwidsatz haderach. haha. that sounds crazy

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
reply to post by VisionQuest

ohhhhhhhhh! i am a dune fan for sure. orinthopters are awesome. i wish i had one. then i could battle the giant sand worms and find their new born and drink the birth water and then be the kwidsatz haderach. haha. that sounds crazy

Very, very interesting photo, pushing 60 years old now. With history some need so bad.
Time just after Roswell, an amazing picture coming to play.
Could this Dune crap be more dis-info. to cover the real truth again?
More slaps and giggles...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lyingunderoath

no, its not disinfo. it is a great book and you should read it. Frank herbert is the author. oh yeah and those aren't birds in that pic, to stay on topic

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Someone please answer:

Is there a "no fly zone" over the pentagon?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

Look forward to hearing from you.

I'm sure you will, but please let us know if you make contact and make some arrangements for the slides. With such good precedence it would be nice to add to the album of UFO's with such an old colour photo.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi everyone, just wanted to apologize in advance for not reading every single post on this topic before posting this but I don't have enough time. Anyway I just wanted to see what would happen if I inverted the color with paint and it really brought out streaks trailing two of the crafts. I was hoping that some of the photo experts could let me know if there's any significance to this. I know that these streaks could suggest movement but I was hoping maybe someone saw something else from this. Well thats it and I'm sorry if someone already pointed this out. Well I just realized I can't upload an image yet but anyway could someone please just take the hi-res photo, open it in paint, and let me know what you think.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Though I won't state my name on it - it looks like a hoaxed shot to me.

At a cursory glance, the 'ufo's don't seem to match the 'temperature' of everything else in the photo. I'm by no means an expert on this but that's what seems apparent (to me anyway).

Perhaps the photo experts here can check this or give an expert opinion.

I have to agree that it's more than likely a hoax. If you zoom in and look at the pixelation surrounding the alleged "craft," you can see that it appears to be photoshoped into place. Take that with the improper facing angle of the craft and no altered pixelation around the building or any other object in the field of view (including clouds) and you have an interesting but non-real rendering of an alleged event.

As much as I'd like to believe it's real, I don't think so, just Zoom into it as I said.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thank you Jeff Ritzmann for offering your services.

I sincerely hope the owner of the slide takes Jeff up on his offer, this is exactly the RIGHT WAY to do this.

Ufology as a whole needs to take notice of how we do things around here, IMHO. No we certainly are NOT perfect (not even "great") but we TRY to do it right.

Someone presents us with an image of something they don't understand and we get them in touch with an HONEST, professional imaging expert(s) to facilitate REAL analysis.

That's a beautiful thing IMHO.

Springer...

We've been doing this for years but it seems it's finally getting a little traction.

[edit on 3-16-2008 by Springer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join