It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey drips out of Calif. family's walls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Honey drips out of Calif. family's walls

news.yahoo.com

"You walk into the house and it smells sweet," Mackey said. "I felt like I was in a jar of honey."

Mackey said Jerry Stathatos said the bee problem had been going on for at least 20 years, but living in an apiary never bothered the family.

Calls Wednesday to Helen and Jerry Stathatos were not returned.

Mackey said Stathatos decided against removing the bees because it might require them to pull down several interior walls, where "thousands, maybe millions" of bees have taken up residence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I this it is awesome that this couple was quite content to live in harmony with these creatures, until it got to a point where it was destroying the house.

I do not know many people who would endure and have this much tolerance for the bees. I know when i see a foreign bug in my domain, my 'manstincts' kick in and suddenly it's back to the caveman days for me and BAMN sticky insect insides nicely smeared on the wall.

If only more people showed the same tolerance as these people did with the bees.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Guess we know where all the bees were dissapearing to...

That'd be crazy! I remember watching a pest-control guy examine a wall for bee infestation. He put his bare palms against the wall to feel the body-heat from the mass of bees. That's alot of insects...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sweet!

Honey has been a useful and important home remedy for ages but, in this case, the honey is the malady!!

Ah well, as they say...

"Bee it ever so bumble, there's noOoo place like comb."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think that would be pretty cool to be able to live with bees like that. They would be the perfect insulators in the winter. Not to mention the health benefits of having free honey at one's disposal whenever they needed it. And none of that pasteurized crap either!!

Nice find!!

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Not to mention the health benefits of having free honey at one's disposal whenever they needed it.

I am a HUGE lover of honey and this would indeed be awesome, however, the article claims:

"They are making honey and we can't even get to it," Helen Stathatos told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune newspaper.

By the same token... would YOU try and steal honey from a hive that is potentially MILLIONS of bees strong? lol...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Not for me.

Wouldn't there have to be a high level of 'buzzing' going on inside the house.
I can't tolerate one bee buzzing around me let alone a gigantic hive of bees.

top topics

join