It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abduction Phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The Abduction Phenomenon

This is probably one of the most controversial subjects today in scientific ufology.

Acording to the Roper Poll 3,7 million people in the U.S might have been abducted. Source:
Source 2:

What is it about this kind of study that makes people to, deny it completely, ridicule those who have had experiences?
I've found that many who believe we are being visited by an extraterrestrial being, can completely shrug the abduction cases away.

In either case, there are no proof that we are being visited by anything, nor that there are any abductions made by extraterrestrial beings.

I think if we had some actual numbers to see, how many sightings there are reported all over the world, perhaps we would have another situation.
I do believe that the sightings can be counted in the millions.

In this kind of science though, there are more than one controversy to it.
Many governments deny any sighthing reported as real.
It has been standard to critisize/ridicule the person who claims to have seen something.

This is changing into the right direction though.
What is difficult to deny are the sightings when there are numerous witnesess.
This is happening more and more today.

But what is it that we are seeing in our skies?
Are they secret military projects? Are they somekind of natural phenomenon? Or is it something that is visiting us from somewhere else?

I do think there is something that is visiting us, their origin is a mystery to me.

But as i have started to think in directions that perhaps are very controversial in nature, i might have discovered something that migh be very grim.

Every year in the U.S there have been around 800,000 missing people reported.
Every day 2000-2300 persons are reported as missing.
Of the 800,000 that are reported as missing most are found.

But 20,000-30,000 of the approximately 800,000 missing are never found again.
After seven years as being missing there will be a "death in absentia" filed.
Which means that the person missing (alive or nor) will be declared dead.
Source:

This is a big "what if" those people that are never found have been abducted by something that is not from this earth?

It is a very grim number put in those terms.
And it could even be alot more grim than that.
These numbers are only taken from statistics from the U.S.
What would the statistics be for the entire world? 300,000 - 600,000 abductions?

Now you probably wonder 'how' could they do something like this without the government reacting to it?
The government probably know about this and probably helps them.
Then we have disclosure, and why the governments dont want this, yes why? Well if they are in on this, that perhaps several million people in the long term have been abducted and never returned.

How would people react to this? How would you react? Would you really like your government after something like this would have been disclosed?

This is probably what they fear.
The tone of the people would be something like "Hang'em High".

Proof? No i dont have any of that.
I only have this theory of mine....
And this theory of mine, would be one hell of a good book or movie!

©Balez

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Balez]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The Abduction Phenomenon: Part II

Ridicule And Disinformation

There are quite many who claim to have been abducted by aliens.
I do believe that there are people who are abducted and that there also are quite many as i stated in my previous post.

The problem here is that there are probably alot of disinformation concning this subject, and also that the percentage of disinformants are greater than real abductions.

Why do i believe that there is disinformation on this scale?
Well that is for several reasons, people who are out to spread these disinformation stories of theirs either do it knowingly or they do believe they are a real abductee.

With disinformation you have several different types of stories going on, some are very incredible, some are just unbelievable.
This is a major disruptance in the study, also alot of people do not wish to get involved because of the ridicule or fear that they might sacrifice their career.

As I said in previous post i do believe that there are many abductees that are never coming back.
And with the disinformation who will really investigate this completely?

Who gains from this being covered up?

Well those who are behind these abductions, the aliens and the people in military and government possitions.
Why would they let something like this continue though?

Perhaps there is a exchange of people for technology or they might not have any other choice then to be apart of this concerning the technological advancement that would make these aliens superior to us in a confrontation.

Then the question arise, Why do they hide their activites?

If people truly knew that aliens was here abducting people for whatever their reason(s) are.
How long would that last before there would be an uprise against the aliens.
It would be more logical to keep it a secret and continue on a small scale instead of just comming here taking what they want and showing it for everyone to see.

Well that was the end of my ramblings for this time....

So, any suggestions, your own theories?
Dont agree with me? As i said this is only my theory.
I am probably not the first one with it either.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I believe that if there are abductions by extraterrestrials that the number is very low and does not account for much of the missing person count.

A huge number of abductions should create at least a sizable group of witnesses. I realize many could in remote areas but there are those who claim contact in less than remote circumstances. Also I would think there would be a group of 'almost abducted' persons.

Even the best laid plans....

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
People tend to murder other people, and some are intelligent enough to hide the best evidence - body.

But, there would propably be a sizable number of missing people who are missing for other reasons.

If goverment knows about abductions, I'm quite certain there is nothing they can do about it. In that case, disclosure cannot happen because if they admit it, people start to fear. Fear creates all kinds of bad tings on large scale.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I believe that if there are abductions by extraterrestrials that the number is very low and does not account for much of the missing person count.

That is something we really dont know anything about and why I theorized about it.

A huge number of abductions should create at least a sizable group of witnesses. I realize many could in remote areas but there are those who claim contact in less than remote circumstances. Also I would think there would be a group of 'almost abducted' persons.

A witness is only as reliable as the interpretation of an event.
As we really dont know for fact, how an abduction happens we can't say really, as much as we really can't say that they are happening.

There are alot of unknowns here

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

People tend to murder other people, and some are intelligent enough to hide the best evidence - body.
But, there would propably be a sizable number of missing people who are missing for other reasons.

That is very true.
But as many of them are still missing, we really dont know for a fact what the reason is for these persons missing.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez

A witness is only as reliable as the interpretation of an event.
As we really dont know for fact, how an abduction happens we can't say really, as much as we really can't say that they are happening.

Good point but then there are numerous people who claim abduction and give a description of at least part of the event. That is part of what my speculation was based upon.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Good point but then there are numerous people who claim abduction and give a description of at least part of the event. That is part of what my speculation was based upon.

That is also a part of my speculation, but however i believe that many of the abduction witnesess might be disinformants, doing it based on different reasons, some of them are probably not even aware they are distributing disinformation.

The real ones though, and this is where it tends to be difficult, for reasons unknown are unwilling to disclose their encounters in detail.
This is also where i tend to believe that there are alot of these abductees that are not returned because of the 'reasons unknown'.

This is purely based on my opinion though

And everyone have the right to have their own opinion, ofcourse.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why do I always have to pour the lime? 'Goodguys.'
I do believe in abductions. Such a that kentucky woman found screaming for her baby in the wee hours 2 yrs back and a report of a craft in the area.
Those statistics are much higher than I would have ever thought. Good find.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The disinformation angle might bigger than most would believe.

I suppose that most of what are reported could actually be due earthly (government) processes. May be real extraterrestrial contact, for the most part, is undetectable and people are disappeared at a grand rate forever.

My only reservation is these abductions would always have to be lone people or groups so that no one sees the people disappear. Some how the abductors know there is no one near who could possibly detect the disappearance in real time. It does seem that many occur in more remote regions.

I could be giving the human race, in general, more credit for observation skills than it deserves.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Check out this site:www.alienresistance.org...

In a nutshell...

The Bible contains relevant information about what many believe to be a recent phenomenon, that neither most modern churches, nor most modern ufologists, are well informed about.

Of those that are, many are simply not comfortable with teaching on the subject. Others intentionally repress the information they do have - often for financial gain, to avoid controversy, or to advance an agenda.
e Bible teaches that certain angelic beings routinely abducted human women during the days of Noah, both before the great flood "…and also afterward…" (Genesis 6:1-4).

They are referred to in ancient Jewish texts (Genesis, Job, Daniel, Enoch, Jasher, Jubilees) as "sons of God" and as "Watchers" – non-human parents of the hybrid Nephilim (giants).
During this time period, Eve’s seed
was polluted by Satan’s seed
(Gen 3:15).
The offspring - "…heroes of old, mighty men of renown" (Gen 6:4) - form the basis for much world mythology.
Jesus prophesied "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be..." at His return (Matthew 24:37).
They are not demons however, in the classic Christian understanding
of the term. Demons do not have bodies, but seek to inhabit others.
These angelic "hosts of heaven" (Gen 2:1, Ephesians 6:12) are much more powerful, more dangerous entities. They violate the laws of man through kidnapping, sexual assault and mental torture, and the laws of God as well, through fornication with humans (2 Peter 2:4,5; Jude 6).

[edit on 3/12/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Those statistics are much higher than I would have ever thought. Good find.

Thank you jpm1602

roadgravel i am not disagreeing with you, who knows i might just be wrong!

But however we do not know what kind of technology these suposed aliens control over, or if they have telepathic abilites that are something that would be close to the extreme.

They might just be hoovering ontop of someones house with out being seen by anyone.
Means of that feat might be technology or their telepathic abilities.

Thanks for the site Bigwhammy, didn't know about that site

As i've stated in posts on other threads i do not discount the possibility that the aliens might have been here for thousands of years monitoring us.
The ancient Egyptians have some weird accounts in their history as do believe they called them "Ancients" ... or was that the sumerians???

Heh, a bit tired so if i am being difficult to be understood it's because i am tired.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It might appear our little green aliens have developed a taste for manmeat, or 'to serve man', in that classic twighlight zone.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If abductions are taking place then we have already lost!!
My reasoning is that they can do it at will; they can control humans and implant memory.

How long have they been here? Fifty, one hundred, one thousand years? How much more time will they need?

Now if this is true and with their genetic modification of human DNA and memory implants they have an army of slaves already trained to activate when they are ready to act.

They would already have their minions in place at high levels of government and military gradually taking control and keeping this secret from the wider population of earth as such they are in total control and have already won.

Now if someone can tell me how to fight back and/or detect them in our skies or know how to stop them abducting and mind control so a resistance movement can be effective in our liberation that’s what the focus should be.

The religious argument as a defence doesn’t work for me.
But each to their own devices.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeGlint
My reasoning is that they can do it at will; they can control humans and implant memory.

Sadly, I must agree with your thoughts. Even if we are not a slave race in waiting, we would not be as free and in control of our destiny as we would like to think. Could it be that what mankind believes as ideals for life just does not actually exist in the universe or is something that does not exist just because we are a living entity.

edit: sp

[edit on 3/12/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeGlint

I dont think anything is lost yet, still we do not have the evidence needed to say that any of this is really happening.

How long have they been here? Fifty, one hundred, one thousand years? How much more time will they need?

As for how long they have been here, that can be difficult to get some clarification on.
But if they are here they have been here perhaps since men started taking their first steps on this earth.

Now if this is true and with their genetic modification of human DNA and memory implants they have an army of slaves already trained to activate when they are ready to act.

Well as to that they have created an army of human slaves....
I think that could be some disinformation from some of the abductees.
What would they need an army for?

They would already have their minions in place at high levels of government and military gradually taking control and keeping this secret from the wider population of earth as such they are in total control and have already won.

I think that this could be possible the reasons however is not that easy to discern.

Now if someone can tell me how to fight back and/or detect them in our skies or know how to stop them abducting and mind control so a resistance movement can be effective in our liberation that’s what the focus should be.

First of all we should know that we are in a war before we prepare for one.
Especially if it against a foe that might be technologicaly superior to us with thousands of years.

The religious argument as a defence doesn’t work for me.
But each to their own devices.

What religious argument would that be?
If you are refering to the christian belief system, and if you read the bible it might just mention the nephilim, read about that story Here

Thanks for the reply

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't believe the abduction phenomenon is objectively real.

As a social force, the abduction delusion reminds me of the medieval witchcraft craze.

Millions of people claiming to be oppressed by supernatural beings, and the authorities are powerless to stop it. An idea like that gives people a scapegoat for their fears and unhappiness, and cannot be disproven any more than ghosts can be disproven.

For me, there are tell-tale signs that alien abductions are not precipitated by some "advanced aliens."

1. The "aliens" don't have advanced technology. They insist on taking blood and tissue samples, while modern scientists can swab DNA painlessly from the inside of your cheek. Their implants are painful, and installed without anaesthesia, while we can put a cihp in a person in far less obtrusive ways.

2. The craft are described by Bob Lazar and others as having "anti gravity" drives. antigravity could ONLY work in the gravity well of a planet. In other words, you cannot cross between the stars, where there is no gravity to push against.

3. According to abduction lore, it has been going on for 60 years now, with the same experiments repeated over and over ad nauseum. And the aliens have made no scientific improvements to their technology in that time period, and haven't gained any better understanding of humanity.

4. The aliens make the same types of assumptions that we humans routinely make. For instance, the peak time period for UFO activity reported by John Keel in the Mothman prophecies, is Wednesday night at 10 pm. That is not merely an artifact of human observation, but is in the data itself. So, how do the aliens have a 7 day week?

5. If the aliens plan a takeover, they could have finished it by now. If they want to study us, they are completely incompetent at keeping their existence a secret.

My conclusion is that the phenomenon doesn't change over time because it isn't real, any more than the witchcraft craze was.

If you have ever seen Monty Python's Holy Grail, it's like the part where they are about to burn a witch, and one villager shouts "she turned me into a newt!" Everyone turns around, and he explains why he isn't a newt now: "I got better!" The claims of abduction make the same kind of sense

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I think possibly you dont find it "objectively real" because youre a little too accepting of it's forward appearance. My own experiences at times have included family members, and a few times friends, all of whom remember the event. (No, I'm not saying all were "abducted", but experienced phenomena all too real and very *subjective*. But, objectively real?

That depends on what you mean by "real". In some instances for me, they're more real then we are. But thats a whole other conversation.

Thats been a constant in the abduction phenomena, as well as some sightings of apparent "craft". More often people in a mass sighting of more then 5, there will be drastic differences in the perceived object...all saw an object, not all saw the same object. A few don't see anything.

This points more to a consciousness thats much more on the edge of our perception, yet interacts in such as way as to portray itself to us with a large degree of cultural contamination.

This (IMO) has been around a lot longer then 60+ years, however different cultures at different time periods have perceived it in different ways. It seems readily obvious to me, that it's an external thing...in other words it's not generated by us, but some outside consciousness. I don't personally believe these are "spacemen" or ET's but possibly something more strange then we're able to get our heads around.

However, it bears mentioning that it seems this enigma wants to hide itself behind masks. So, the question is why, and what is it doing. Unfortunately, UFOlogy is so set in it's small box that it's either ETs or time travelers, or some other SCIFI notion, that it scoffs and excludes much more deep and complex questions. I think this is by-in-large due to everyone's desire for a "Reader's Digest" version.

If I know nothing about this enigma, one thing I do know for sure, there's no short and easy answer, and the enigma is a lot more complex then it's given credit for. As long as it's relinquished to spacemen and alien breeding programs, we're likely never to get at any real answers (or more questions).

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

I don't believe the abduction phenomenon is objectively real.

That might very well be right

As a social force, the abduction delusion reminds me of the medieval witchcraft craze.

Millions of people claiming to be oppressed by supernatural beings, and the authorities are powerless to stop it. An idea like that gives people a scapegoat for their fears and unhappiness, and cannot be disproven any more than ghosts can be disproven.

Well perhaps at some level it does.
Who knows the witch craze as you call it might very well have been because of abductions, since people at that time were very superstitional and influenced a great deal by religion.

For me, there are tell-tale signs that alien abductions are not precipitated by some "advanced aliens."

1. The "aliens" don't have advanced technology. They insist on taking blood and tissue samples, while modern scientists can swab DNA painlessly from the inside of your cheek. Their implants are painful, and installed without anaesthesia, while we can put a cihp in a person in far less obtrusive ways.

2. The craft are described by Bob Lazar and others as having "anti gravity" drives. antigravity could ONLY work in the gravity well of a planet. In other words, you cannot cross between the stars, where there is no gravity to push against.

3. According to abduction lore, it has been going on for 60 years now, with the same experiments repeated over and over ad nauseum. And the aliens have made no scientific improvements to their technology in that time period, and haven't gained any better understanding of humanity.

4. The aliens make the same types of assumptions that we humans routinely make. For instance, the peak time period for UFO activity reported by John Keel in the Mothman prophecies, is Wednesday night at 10 pm. That is not merely an artifact of human observation, but is in the data itself. So, how do the aliens have a 7 day week?

5. If the aliens plan a takeover, they could have finished it by now. If they want to study us, they are completely incompetent at keeping their existence a secret.

Well as i said in my post this is only a theory of mine.

1. I suppose that depends entirely on what they are going to do with the samples they take.
A swab is exellent to use when you wish to get the DNA processed.
But not even we can take a swab sample and tell what kind of genetic build up we have, to get an exact number.
A physical sample is always the best to work with and to build something on.
Well the installments of the implants, i dont know if the pain is real, or if the person is traumatized enough to either imagine it hurts or that the aliens have no concept of pain.

2. Well i think that the anti-gravity propulsion system is one part of the engine for their crafts.
There probably is another part for interstellar travel, and for that you need something to counter the growth of gravity as the vessel gains speed.

3. Well for how long have we been exploring ourselfs? Do we know everything about ourself, can we pin down every aspect of our biology?
For their purpose in doing this is really a mystery(what isn't? ).

4. As that is all assumptions based on reported events, we dont know if wednesday is the peak time, the report suggests that though.

5. If they plan a take over, yes they could have done that ages ago.
But for what purpose would they take over?
For them i believe it is easier to act in the shadows and only be a myth in many peoples eyes.

As this is only for theoretical thinking it does not prove that they even are here.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

However, it bears mentioning that it seems this enigma wants to hide itself behind masks. So, the question is why, and what is it doing. Unfortunately, UFOlogy is so set in it's small box that it's either ETs or time travelers, or some other SCIFI notion, that it scoffs and excludes much more deep and complex questions. I think this is by-in-large due to everyone's desire for a "Reader's Digest" version.

If I know nothing about this enigma, one thing I do know for sure, there's no short and easy answer, and the enigma is a lot more complex then it's given credit for. As long as it's relinquished to spacemen and alien breeding programs, we're likely never to get at any real answers (or more questions).

I really do like this point of view, it shows clearly how some of us are set in our tracks and dont want to change on what we think we know.

I really do like to get to the bottom of this phenomenon.
Because i do really think that there is something that is happening.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Balez]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join