It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abduction Phenomenon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, for a bit different perspective, I have been convinced by the "Sleep paralysis" answer. After watching some long ago aired documentaries, they proved it too me with Science.
Good post,
Vance

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Really interesting interview with John Mack:

John Mack's interview

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Jabbah]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Well, for a bit different perspective, I have been convinced by the "Sleep paralysis" answer. After watching some long ago aired documentaries, they proved it too me with Science.
Good post,
Vance

Yes it is a good possibility that is the case...
However there are certain things that we really dont know what happens when we sleep.
They think they know what causes sleep paralysis, and sleep disorders in general.

Many people who have these sleep disorders may have beeen traumatized at a point in their lifes.

If what the abductees claim are true... I think that being abducted by beings that we dont know (where ever they are from) could be very traumatizing.
It might just be the abduction that starts these sleep disorders as it seem that they are fiddling around in our minds aswell.

And it certinly have some aspects from "brainwashing", they also get alot of sleep disorders.

If it was consistent that it only happened while being home, sleeping and such i would probably lean to sleep disorders as well, however that is not the case.
There are too many unknowns to draw conclusions like that and think it is solved.
Thanks for the input though

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Well the whole proof vs faith is an old old conflict. You have no "proof"? Then, either you have faith, or you don't believe. I'm told faith is a great gift, as long as it is well thought-out, heart felt, and honest with who you are deep inside.

It doesn't matter if "they" believe or not, only if you do. There are higher levels of knowing things than proof.

I'll never have proof of God to bring to a court of law (I don't think), but that doesn't lessen my faith any.

At any rate man, don't fear, just be aware. Wether you believe in God or not when your not being chased by a bear, fear is not good to hold on to. For the athiest, "I will not fear, for fear is the mind killer", and for the beliver "Fear not, I am with you always!". Either way its fear that kept the world flat, and kept the sun orbiting the earth, that kept medicine from saving lives, and also that now keeps us from finding out the truth about aliens.

They have been here since before we were out of the trees, if they are taking us for some reason and killing us, then its just one more way to die, no diffrent than a lightning strike, or bear eating you, it is completely natural as any death can be, if they aren't killing us, then maybe they are taking us home with them, how cool would that be?

Given the chance I'd go with an alien, even a scary looking one, they might eat me, but they might take me for the ride of my little short life too.

I really can't think of anything the aliens could possibly want from humans except for freindship or DNA samples, and don't you think DNA would be easier to get from monkeys from some other world where they can't shoot at you, or possibly make your ship crash with radar waves?

As far as how bad would it look if the government was covering this knowledge up? Like what you think we COULD actualy think much less about the truthfullness of politicians in political office?? LOL!

FOX NEWS ALERT: Politicians have been lieing to the people they are supposed to be serveing!
NOOOOOOOOOO!

The truth will set you free. What is freedom, but being able to choose for your self? The most powerful alien, or tyrant politician can never take a choice from you, not even one little tiny one! They can restrain you physicly, they can threaten you, they can kill you, they can torcher you but they can't make a good OR bad choice FOR you. Even if the aliens can controll your thoughts, it would not be you making the choice, even if the politician was going to kill your whole family unless you made an evil decision, you could choose to do good, and be blameless for your families death, since its the politician who decided to kill them, not you.

If the truth will set you free, then a lie will imprison you, and the only one who can truely lie to you, is you. Abductions or not, people believeing or not, government behind it or not, your still as free as you can be, make your own choices good ones is all you can do. What challenges you've been handed weren't up to you, your only choice is what to do with the ones given! What you want to live forever?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smurtall

You must include suppression of the episode. The mind is manipulated by the experience and can be shut down only to be awaken by an abduction story, sight, smell or other triggering event.

I believe abduction is more prevalent than we will ever know. For some people it is beyond reason to say anything if they remember the event. Than we have the person who has a lot to lose if they come forward with such a story.

One thing is for sure, humans are being watched and pulled out of this realm into a place where physical reaction is subdued to a point of observation only.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I guess one of the hardest point's of coming forward is not about the abductee at all but rather there family and freinds who you can almost guarantee have never heeard of it and when told dont want to hear about it.
I guess this makes it harder for some one who this has happend to,to belive it themselves. It's not hard to convince yourself you had a bad dream or are not well. I mean it's all well and good reading about alien abduction on paper (or the net) And geting exited over a well put togeather documentary, But when it comes off the paper and into your room it's personal.
It's not about the roper poll or how much of a threat they are to everyone else, it's about you and you alone.

<< 1  2   >>

join