It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares about the Olympics anymore? I sure don't!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well you missed the Kazachkistan diver almost lose her top in the 3 meter dive, and the Latvian cheerleaders who nearly forgot to wear their underwear.

But outside that, I'd say you didn't miss anything.

Oh wait, the US beat the pants off the French who had promised to slaughter the US in the 4 man medley swimming and in the process we got a new World Record.

Though the French swimmers were smiling at getting Sliver, I could tell their coaches were seething. They were good sports.

Oh, yeah you missed great finish by the GB cyclist Nicole Cooke winning the gold in the road race.

Just now Korea stunningly won archery gold in a stunning match.

But other than that...naw you're not missing much.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by prona

I don't see what this has to do with the Olympics. Can you keep your comments focused on the topic?

What do you think about the Olympics, so far. Pretty cool news on Phelps and being the most decorated. We also got the silver in the open gymnastics comp.

I do think it's a bit biased that the Chinese are fielding underage members as Bela mentioned, but it looks like that is not going to be resolved.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Badge, the thing is..I don't have too much time to watch TV, I hate television and all the stuff on it. The olympics are not even about real competition, I mean the greeks actually had giant guys picking up weights and doing all kinds of strenght competitions and it was about who was the strongest..and you had to be at the arena to see them..there was no television back then..To me the olympics have lost their original idea and the only way to participate is to actually be there..that's my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Georgia (Brazil) beats the Russians in volleyball.

How poignant is that?

Go Georgia (the country)

Woo-hoo!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Hey!!! I just watched that..
How yummy was that 'SASHA' girl???
Who'd have thought you could enjoy WATCHING sport.

Huge CONGRATS on the 'Mod' thing BTW.. just noticed in replying here..
Well deserved.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Well I think it's just scandalous the kind of outfits they wear and I'd just like to comment that I'm a big athletic supporter on that. (g)

I'd link a pic here but I'm afraid I'd be banned for posting pr0n, hehe.

Anyway, yeah she had to take a time out but then came back with a vengeance.

I must say I'm totally enjoying all the coverage (and the uncoverage, so to speak). Yay beach Volleyball!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm definitely enjoying the coverage. All I've been doing in the evenings all week is watch the games.

Most of what I've watched has been swimming, diving, beach volleyball(very nice!!) and gymnastics.

Speaking of gymnastics, I felt so bad for the USA women's gymnastics team last night. Those girls really are good but they just couldn't handle the pressure. I can tell you this though, the individual all-around and the event finals are going to a show. USA will light it up there for sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Its for the most part boring and pointless,and a waste of Lottery money to train these people for years!

Track and field is fine,but this has branched out into too many games

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join