It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican lists "new sins"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Vatican lists "new sins"

green.yahoo.com

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Thou shall not pollute the Earth. Thou shall beware genetic manipulation. Modern times bring with them modern sins. So the Vatican has told the faithful that they should be aware of "new" sins such as causing environmental blight.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
While I'm all for promoting Green Peace, but this is ridiculous!!
Can we get a soudbite from God on this one?

green.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If they can back it up with the Bible, fine. But in that case, the sins would not be "new" at all!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd like to see a list of 'TV Media' crimes:

1. Thou shalt not have a huge bright logo in any corner of your TV show network. It shall be transparent and cool like the Sci-fi channel's old saturn logo.

2. Thou should not advertize bogus products on your network like spray on water, diluted 1,000,000 times, or bogus chalk pills to make things bigger.

3. Thou shall have no more than 12 min of ads on any TV show and they should all come at the end of the hour at once.

4. Thou shalt not have a big on-screen commercial pop up DURING the show. This is the most heinous crime and will result in 1/2 of your Net Channel's net worth being donated to the poor.

...etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

God gave Man DOMINION over the Earth and all that is on it in Genesis, he told us to subdue it and make it ours.

As for the Pope, well they actually believe that they are above God and can change his Law at will, so the Pope coming out with new sins is nothing new. Funny how diddling little boys 2 times is OK in the Popes eyes but littering is a sin.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
God gave Man DOMINION over the Earth and all that is on it in Genesis, he told us to subdue it and make it ours.

Yeah..I have a problem with that part, can I get that soundbite as well.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I doin't think it was mandatory, though. We're allowed not to be utter bastards, too, you know.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Sorry kleverone, no soundbites coming anytime soon....only propaganda and hypocrisy!!

Cheers,

Purduegrad05

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well i cant say that the "sins" they have chose are a bad thing .Except (Thou shall beware genetic manipulation) If they can create a way to make us immune to most common stuff . Thus making the masses less scared i can see how this nowouldnt be good for the religious leaders. But for the people.........

It is funny to see them changing the rules again . Man why are the rest us never around when god visits with these new rules? It would make things much easier hearing it from the man(woman?) Them self. Hopefully this leads some people to live better (Doubt it)
I guess they just have to make sure everyone is still listening ...

[edit on 10-3-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

It's really not so much changing the rules, I don't think. Everything they say is wrong falls under one of the old seven deadly sins.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
these new sins aren't going to get as much focus put on them as the old sins, like homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am so going to hell. What with all those 2 liter pop bottles I discard. Is that not the most ridiculous piece of junk from the vatican you have ever heard? Not to dismiss recycling, it is crucial. But c'mon.
How's that rod coming along out their in cali? Did you get a new ragtop for it yet?
I remember getting a whoopass for playing paper 'football, the triangles we made of paper' by Missus Rabies at a parochial gradeschool. Yes, Missus Rabies. She lived up to her name.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I dont see genetics listed .(orig 7) Unless it could maybe be part of vanity i suppose. And only then if were engineering people to be more "sexy" or desirable.
Or maybe engineering people with higher metabolisms. So they can glutton them selfs without obesity ... Maybe im barking up the wrong tree here ?

Personally i think stemcell research is VITAL to our survival. Or will be soon anyway. I don't see how they have that as part of genetic manipulation tho...

Wow after reading this again . These people are just nuts.(Vatican) I do like that they are living better for the earth and everyone should do there part. But... If everything is gonna be a sin . Why not just say that .

Thank "DoG" for deathbed repents eh?

[edit on 10-3-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I guess priestly pedophiles haven't made the list yet. But I'm sure going straight to hell for throwing that coke can out. What a crock.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hidatsa

I doin't think it was mandatory, though. We're allowed not to be utter bastards, too, you know.

Yep, we can become the food for higherlife forms. You're right.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This news article (below) is a bit different, in that it also mentions the other sins in a clear way -

Those newly risking eternal punishment include drug pushers, the obscenely wealthy, and scientists who manipulate human genes

news.bbc.co.uk...

Isn't the Pope obscenely wealthy? What's that one about?

Anyway shouldn't these sins come from God? or did they? Anyone know?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think it's high time we added a few new sins to the list.

Original sins by Pope Gregory I in the sixth century...
1. Pride
2. Envy
3. Gluttony
4. Lust
5. Anger
6. Greed
7. Sloth

And now Pope Benedict XVI adds in...
8. "Bioethical" violations such as birth control
9. "Morally dubious" experiments such as stem cell research
10. Drug abuse
11. Polluting the environment
12. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor
13. Excessive wealth
14. Creating poverty

I don't know if it's such a good idea to start using more than one word to describe a sin, you might want to have a lawyer look them over...
...oh but that would make you guilty of sin #12, never mind.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well it looks like rock stars, murderers, Hollywood actors/actresses, sports stars, Politicians, Lawyers, Priest and Preachers, Microsoft, oil companies and all other elite business partners are going to hell. That leaves Heaven for us!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You gotta wonder if theres a huge line in "heaven" to account for the new sins.

"Ok all those that committed the "new sins" in the fast track line to hell" "Sorry bout the mis understanding"

Don't sound to fair if they get to stay does it ? I mean do you want to be in heaven with someone that used birth control ? Sheesh I know i sure wouldn't /sarcasm.....

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Maybe I can look it up later but is masterbation still a sin? Having a hard time keeping track of what I'm supposed to do. I'm going to plant a tree now and when fininished I will urinate on it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join