It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

askrealjesus.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Searched but couldn't find a thread about this site...Anyone here checked it out? It's from some guy who supposedly channels Jesus and answers questions about EVERYTHING. Most of the answers are very interesting...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Could you provide a link or something?

Oh nevermind you said you couldn't find a thread...

[edit on 10-3-2008 by MissInformation]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Im not a google search master, but I think this is it.

www.askrealjesus.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hmm, don't really know what to say about that one. I'm not too spiritual, so I'm not offended by this person claiming to channel Jesus. However, if you go for that, then this man/woman is in for a world of hurt in the afterlife. I have a feeling it isn't such a grand idea to put words into Jesus' mouth. Interesting stuff in the Q&A section. I almost caught a South Park Jesus vibe for a minute while looking through some off the current events questions. --> Current Affairs Q&A with Jesus!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Er... I didn't spend too much time on the 'About Us' type pages but is this guy actually claiming to channel Jesus or is it just a 'humorous' gimmick that his readers know he is using?

If it is the former, then I have to say 'Jesus' is wrong on a few things. For one, 'Jesus' said the Bible states Adam and Eve only had sons. However, this is a common mistake. We are specifically told in Genesis Adam and Eve had sons and daughters. That's just one example- There were about three other errors I saw after spending only five minutes on the site.

Apparently 'Jesus' needs to read the Bible a bit more.

[edit on 3/12/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Wow, I really wish this were true. I would give anything to talk to Jesus and ask Him some questions, but erm:

From "http://askrealjesus.com/K_JESUS_ANSWERS/B_ABOUT_GOD/burrito.html"

"

One of the most common misconceptions about God is the idea that God is perfect, and therefore he could never change. God is indeed perfect, but perfection does not mean something that stands still.
I know this explanation will seem like heresy to many religious people who have put God in a little box and who are not willing to allow God to change.

k, but then we have here:

"For I am the Lord, I change not;" - Malachi 3:6
"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today, and forever." - Hebrews 13:8

And God not changing's kind of an important aspect of Him. You know, people change, but God never changes. His standards, rules, opinions, etc., stay the same. And that's pretty awesome, because we don't have to guess what mood He's in and try to catch Him at a good time when we pray, we don't have to wonder how He feels about Britney Spears now that it's socially appropriate to show your wrists and ankles publicly, etc.

FAIL.

Would be nice, though.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't know about this guy.... But, I do suppose he IS just a human.
So that may Inspire all of you to take the word of something higher ..."a book"

But, I would like to note that if ...or when.. god comes down to earth to show himself to you all ...and or... answer your questions... you wouldn't be comparing his answers to the bible would ya?

I had gotten a bad feeling when reading over your posts on the bible..
Im sorry... ... ...they were personal and a bit weird... **edited**

no offense.... but life is solid and concrete... and besides trying to figure out some guys personality or what children he had millions of years ago. the bible is not worth much else...... errr... well. IMO.

Figuring out life is pretty simple... (not the details, obviosly)

It is unchanging but chock full of variables ...yet... very simple to know.

**edited** err... I mean that trying to know right and righteous is not a thing you need to look to god for... errr I mean a book about god.... a book about god that is touted by the humans in power of this world.... that probably doesn't say much to any one other than people I'm not saying this for.... errr... that may be untrue and a generality... I apologize, I am not smart enough or thinking well enough at the moment to state it better...

the facts are in life... the righteous.. is in life. ...heh... **edit** this point doesnt do me much good eh.... what is in life can be written in a book ...I just now caught that...

[edit on 12-3-2008 by WishI]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
First of all, even though you've said "no offense," it's clear that you did mean offense when you called us "the friggin followers we seem to be." You also disrespected our faith when you called our Holy Book worthless. I'm not asking you to be a Christian or read the Bible or anything else. I am asking for the same respect that I'd give you and whatever beliefs you have.

But, I would like to note that if ...or when.. god comes down to earth to show himself to you all ...and or... answer your questions... you wouldn't be comparing his answers to the bible would ya?

Actually, yeah. There are many false prophets, many people claiming to be Jesus and there's going to be one really huge guy called the Antichrist who's going to perform miracles and trick us. Of course, the latter is if you believe what's written in the Bible, but because of that, the smart Christians *are* going to be questioning everything. And, I mean, what, you expect us not to question things? Are you offended that we're questioning some dude that claims to be Jesus on a website?

I am not saying, not to, but it does look a little dumb... even when your doing it to write this "human" off..... which, even though, it is completely understandable....

While you're not saying not to question it, you're calling questioning it "dumb." Personally, I think *not* questioning it would be pretty dumb.

I just get a real ugly feeling hearing you all qoute from the bible like the firgging followers that you seem to be.

Yes, people that believe in certain religions do tend to be followers of that religion. Very apt observation.

no offense.... but life is solid and concrete... besides trying to figure out some guys personality or what children he had millions of years ago. Figuring out life is pretty simple... It is unchanging but chock full of variables ...yet... very simple to know.

If you think life's simple, then I'm happy for you. This means that either you've had a very easy life, or that perhaps it's simple for you because you seem to be against questioning anything.

And I do believe that someone claiming to be God, the Creator of the universe, the Creator of your soul, mind and body, would be worth trying to "figure out." God's personality's very important, and I believe it would be to anyone who believed.

everything in the bible is worthless to any one but a child.... or someone who likes stories....

Thank you for sharing your opinion. This thread was actually about some guy claiming to be Jesus, and we were discussing what we thought of his site. And we, as *Christ*ians, decided to chime in with what we knew of the Bible, since Jesus was a figure of... you guessed it, the Bible.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieisinlove

I apologize, I went off on an inspired feeling... and I mostly regret now, especially since you pretty much pegged my poorly thought out writing.....

I edited my first post a bit... though I couldnt do much with it (I am lacking ... but I didnt want to delete it)

maybe I should ask jesus about this...... hmmmm.....

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Er... I didn't spend too much time on the 'About Us' type pages but is this guy actually claiming to channel Jesus or is it just a 'humorous' gimmick that his readers know he is using?

If it is the former, then I have to say 'Jesus' is wrong on a few things. For one, 'Jesus' said the Bible states Adam and Eve only had sons. However, this is a common mistake. We are specifically told in Genesis Adam and Eve had sons and daughters. That's just one example- There were about three other errors I saw after spending only five minutes on the site.

Apparently 'Jesus' needs to read the Bible a bit more.

[edit on 3/12/2008 by AshleyD]

Where did 'Jesus' say the Bible states Adam and Eve had only sons total? If you're referring to this incest question, I think he was merely pointing out the physically impossibility in the Bible for Cain and Seth to have wives when only males were born at the time. The Bible says after Seth was born Adam lived another 800 years and then had sons and daughters. And can you please state the other errors you found? thanx.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anciel
Where did 'Jesus' say the Bible states Adam and Eve had only sons total? If you're referring to this incest question, I think he was merely pointing out the physically impossibility in the Bible for Cain and Seth to have wives when only males were born at the time. The Bible says after Seth was born Adam lived another 800 years and then had sons and daughters.

Here are some of things that article said (and yes, it was that article):

Genesis, Chapter 4 makes it clear that Adam and Even had three children, and they were all boys. So if Adam and Eve truly were the first humans and the only humans in the Garden, how could their three sons have begotten children?

Logically, there is no way Adam and Eve could be the parents of humanity if they had only sons and if there were no other people on the planet.

The article makes it clear the author is going off the premise Genesis explicitly states Adam and Eve only had sons. But just like you brought up, the author misses this verse:

'When Adam had lived 120 years he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image. After Seth was born Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether Adam lived 930 years and then he died.

That doesn't mean Adam didn't have other children until the age of 800. That just simply means he started having Seth and his siblings at the age of 130. He was even younger when he fathered Cain. But the fact remains: Adam and Eve had daughters.

Oops.

Then the author continues on to the modern genetic problem of siblings having children but completely misses out on the other sections on the Genesis account that the human race didn't fully begin to degenerate at high speed until after the flood, as shown in the rapidly decreasing lifespans. That is when our genetic material really started to deteriorate in the Bible- not at the high rate with Adam.

So, that's two fumbles right there in just one article. The author is trying to mesh antediluvian and postdiluvian genetics as alluded to in the Bible. Now, there could very well have been other people alive on the earth or preceding Adam. I don't believe it but it is possible. However, using the arguments the author uses, his case fails miserably because he is not aware of what else the Bible says. And is Jesus really going to be unaware of what the Bible says? Of course not.

And can you please state the other errors you found? thanx.

No. I'm entirely too lazy. The above example from that one article should be enough to see where I'm going with this.

Do I believe Jesus still communicates with us? Absolutely! Do I believe that author is channeling Jesus? Not remotely.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No I think you're missing the point. The question was about incest in the Garden of Eden, because it's physically impossible for Cain and Seth to have had wives if they were the only people in the garden of eden, and especially since Adam and Eve didn't start having daughters until sometime after Seth was born. Therefore, if you're a bible follower, Where did Cain's wife come from??? THAT was the point of the article...

Then the author continues on to the modern genetic problem of siblings having children but completely misses out on the other sections on the Genesis account that the human race didn't fully begin to degenerate at high speed until after the flood, as shown in the rapidly decreasing lifespans. That is when our genetic material really started to deteriorate in the Bible- not at the high rate with Adam.

So, that's two fumbles right there in just one article. The author is trying to mesh antediluvian and postdiluvian genetics as alluded to in the Bible. Now, there could very well have been other people alive on the earth or preceding Adam. I don't believe it but it is possible. However, using the arguments the author uses, his case fails miserably because he is not aware of what else the Bible says. And is Jesus really going to be unaware of what the Bible says? Of course not.

Not really, the whole point of the flood was to wipe out the genetic mess the 'Sons of God' had made when they started mating with the daughters of man, (Gen 6:2) but I digress :p Anyway, you're going all over the map and missing the entire point of this one article. The point 'Jesus' was bringing with modern genetic problems of siblings having children was to show there is no way the entire family lineage of Adam and Eve could've thrived healthily as it did if you really think the entire race was literally concieved through just 2 people, that would make everything incest lol. Not to mention it would be physically impossible since there HAD to have been other women for Cain to get a wife (Where did she come from?!?!?).

Anyway, Jesus goes on to explain:

"In this case, the fact is that Adam and Eve were not the only people on Earth and they were not the only souls to fall from the Garden of Eden. The story of Adam and Eve is not the ultimate beginning of human life on Earth. Adam and Eve should be seen as archetypes, and their story simply tells the story of an entire evolution of souls. These souls first descended into a spiritual school, illustrated as the Garden of Eden. The God in the garden was a spiritual teacher by the name Lord Maitreya. The garden existed in a realm of higher vibrations that is not visible to the physical senses of human beings...

"As I said, there were a number of souls who fell at the same time. Yet there were already millions of human beings living in the material frequency spectrum. It was with these people that the sons of Adam and Eve married and had children. Because these people had already descended far below the level of the Christ consciousness, this intermarrying actually hastened the descent in consciousness of the people who fell from the garden. It sped up the process that caused them to forget their spiritual origin.

this would explain the genetic deterioration you mentioned

So the short answer is that there was no incest involved, and the reason was that there were many souls who fell and they fell into a frequency spectrum that was already inhabited by people by people with whom they could intermarry. Obviously, this answer would not be acceptable to orthodox Christians or materialistic scientists. Yet it is a fact.

Makes perfect sense to me :]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No I think you're missing the point. The question was about incest in the Garden of Eden, because it's physically impossible for Cain and Seth to have had wives if they were the only people in the garden of eden, and especially since Adam and Eve didn't start having daughters until sometime after Seth was born. Therefore, if you're a bible follower, Where did Cain's wife come from??? THAT was the point of the article...

No, I understand that perfectly. But they had daughters whereas the article states they only had three sons. Since Abel was murdered, that leaves two. Obviously two men, Seth and Cain, could not populate the earth. But we are told there were females, too. Not just Seth and Cain.

So where did Cain get his wife? All we're told is that he had a wife and had children with her. We're never told specifically she came from anywhere else. We're never specifically told she was not of any relation. She was just there.

Again, the topic of discussion is not whether or not there were necessarily other people (this has been debated for centuries) but the unbiblical argument the author is using to support it. The author is saying there were no female descendants of Adam and Eve but the Bible says there were.

Not really, the whole point of the flood was to wipe out the genetic mess the 'Sons of God' had made when they started mating with the daughters of man, (Gen 6:2) but I digress :p

Some believe the Nephilim ('sons of God') were fallen angels while others believe the 'sons of God' were the descendants of Seth and the 'sons of Man' were the descendants of Cain. But that is getting off on bunny trails.

Anyway, you're going all over the map and missing the entire point of this one article.

Not really.
The author is saying it would have been a physical impossibility for only men to have offspring (true) but leaves out the part there were females, too. THEN he goes into the genetics problem but totally misses the point of antediluvian genetics.

Again, I don't want to debate whether or not there were other people alive at the time as this debate has raged on for centuries. I'm simply saying the biblical reasons the author gives are not correct.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No, I understand that perfectly. But they had daughters whereas the article states they only had three sons. Since Abel was murdered, that leaves two. Obviously two men, Seth and Cain, could not populate the earth. But we are told there were females, too. Not just Seth and Cain.

So where did Cain get his wife? All we're told is that he had a wife and had children with her. We're never told specifically she came from anywhere else. We're never specifically told she was not of any relation. She was just there.

Again, the topic of discussion is not whether or not there were necessarily other people (this has been debated for centuries) but the unbiblical argument the author is using to support it. The author is saying there were no female descendants of Adam and Eve but the Bible says there were.

So Cain's wife was "just there", gotcha. Once again, you're not understanding the context of the passage (Gen 4:16) Jesus brings up to show there were only males at the time Cain took a wife. Yes the bible DOES say later on that Adam and Eve did have daughters, but Jesus doesn't bring up that passage in the article because the question was about incest, and not relevant to the issue at hand. Jesus never says in the article that Adam and Eve only had sons throughout their whole life, he's just saying according to the Bible that at the time Cain took a wife, Adam and Eve had only bore male children. Other females had to have been there for Cain and Seth to marry.

Not really.
The author is saying it would have been a physical impossibility for only men to have offspring (true) but leaves out the part there were females, too. THEN he goes into the genetics problem but totally misses the point of antediluvian genetics.

Again, I don't want to debate whether or not there were other people alive at the time as this debate has raged on for centuries. I'm simply saying the biblical reasons the author gives are not correct.

There were no females(besides Eve, of course). Once again, Adam and Eve DID NOT HAVE DAUGHTERS AT THE TIME Cain and Seth had children. Therefore, yes, it IS an impossibilty to follow the bible literally and chronologically and believe Adam and Eve created the entire race themselves. And Jesus is saying even if they did take their sisters as wives, that would be incest and that was the reason he brought up modern genetics, which shows had 2 people technically created the entire population through incest, "the gene pool would have been too narrow and the inevitable effect would have been degenerative birth defects that would have led the race to become extinct within a few generations."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So Cain's wife was "just there", gotcha. Once again, you're not understanding the context of the passage (Gen 4:16) Jesus brings up to show there were only males at the time Cain took a wife.

Again, I get it. If Adam and Eve did not have daughters yet at the time Cain 'knew his wife' then this obviously would not have been a relative. But when does Cain's wife come into the picture? You keep trying to pull me into the debate there were other people in the world and I am trying to tell you that really doesn't matter at the moment because the author's logic behind his reasons of other people existing is flawed.

But since this is apparently an issue, What About Cain's Wife?

So not even that causes a problem.

But going back to the author's logic and not even the explanation for Cain's wife, he still says (And I quote again):

Logically, there is no way Adam and Eve could be the parents of humanity if they had only sons and if there were no other people on the planet.

So he is not even talking about Cain here but Adam and Eve not having daughters.

His biblical knowledge is flawed. We can completely keep the Cain issue out of the equation and keep the debate about other people being alive at the time. It's not relevant. The point is, this author made a biblical mistake and Jesus doesn't make mistakes... especially such an obvious one.
Get it?

[edit on 3/13/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If it's Jesus you're quoting, he could easily have meant that Adam and Eve had only sons "at the time" the sons took wives, without needing to be any more specific for the point being made. Not every statement can be qualified to account for every question. Points have to be made with the the most relevent source material, and done so with economy. Else it becomes unweildly. I thought Anciel did a fair job of explaining a valid rationale for the way the answer was framed.

Also, while Jesus may be the "same" Jesus "yesterday, today and forever" doesnt mean he hasn't grown and become greater than he was 2000 years ago--- yet is still Jesus. You've changed AshleyD and you will change more (hopefully becoming an even better christian as you improve with age) but you will still be 'AshleyD'. We don't live as static beings in a static universe. And .... "I am the Lord, i change not", can be read in the same context of transcendent growth. It is a question of identity and the validity of change as a natural phenomenon of identity. Everything does and everyone can, change.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Regardless of the authors biblical knowledge the simple fact is that if you take the bible literally and say that Adam and Eve were the parents of the human race, then incest did take place.

If the only parents were Adam and Eve, then Cain's wife could be no other than his sister.

And the author's point about genetics still holds as well. It is simply not possible for 2 people to parent human civilization, unless you claim that God stepped in and prevented any genetic defects --- and there is no scriptural support for that happening.

In any case, a literal interpretation is flawed.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieisinlove

First ! He is not claiming to be Jesus. He made that clear on the Home Page.So if you can't even read one web page and understand it. What makes you think you can understand gods word ?You can't. Therefore I suggest you reread the BIBLE with an open heart,mind,soul,and take it as a grain of salt,as a child.Cause right know you are poisening your own faith. You don't have full understanding of truth.For you still question on things that have matiral things that are not of God.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Man, I need to get started on making a website like this.
Just shoot that stuff out all day and people think you're great as long as you say you're Jesus?

Sweet.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
emmm it seems everyone here has missed the point entirely of the website and its teachings. It is not all about the bible and whether it is accurate or not. The websites main point is that Jesus' inner teachings have been lost over time all that is left are the outer teachings.

The basic premise is that you look inward not outward and connect with your innerself as Jesus did 2000 years, that is what is meant by the only way to God is through Jesus. If you are not a spiritual person or if you are not ready for the lessons that are being taught then you will dismiss the teachings as garbage, as Jesus was dismissed 2000 years ago.

The earth is in poor shape and their is currently a spiritual awakening going on to help make earth the place it should be and not the hell it is, this website is part of the uplifting of the human spirit. Materialism must end, Dogma (control of free will) must end for this to be achieved. Try looking a little deeper into your self the truth is there and when you are ready you will hear it.

new topics

top topics

join