It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Says It's None of the Public's Business Who Ate Recalled Meat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah me too, I'm moving towards a vegetarian diet as well.

Apparently they've been working on cloning fish since the 60s!

Here's a link to a pdf describing recent work, (you'll need some Japanese fonts):

The Present Status of Fish Cloning by Nuclear Transplantation | The Course of Our Ten Years | Yuko Wakamatsu

Well, you asked!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
these recalls are far more frequent than you guys realize. everyone remembers the big ones like the beef recall and the spinach recall, but there are alot more staying under the radar.
i work in a food distribution warehouse and i get weekly emails, with specific instructions not to forward the email about companies doing voluntary and not so voluntary recalls of all kinds of products. from canned greenbeans to frozen burritos, for all kinds of problems ranging from foreign material like metal in chicken fried steaks, to botulism in canned goods.
needless to say, im starting my own garden.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Yep, grow your own and patronize the local farmer's market.

And don't eat anything with a face.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

You really are going to have me eating weeds, berries and nuts
lo and behold
I am doing that already.

I tell you I grew up with organic food to he point that we knew exactly were was produced, killed (for the live animals) and harvested.

But now you can never tell and the government doesn't want you to ask either.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well this just another show of power by corporate America, after all they are afraid of the law sues that this information will bring.

I think they are witholding the information due to Public relations reasons and not lawsuit reasons. In order to bring a lawsuit against a meat company, you have to have some sort of injury. You cannot just sue the company because you found out the hamburger you bought last week was made from the company.

On the other hand if you got sick and you had good reason to believe you got sick from tainted meat, under US law you could easily find out who the supplier of the meat was. First you would sue the store or restaurant you bought the meat from. You could then find out through the USA's liberal discovery laws what the original source of the meat was and sue the source.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Yes but as usual people with no scrupulous will get information for their personal advantage in order to create a situation for a law sue.

For that reason I can see why to hide the details, but then again we never know what the hidden agenda may be.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I can see why a company that is inspected by the government may have legitimate reasons why they would want certain information kept confidential. The government may have made a rule in good faith to protect the confidential information. Let us say you owned a company that made nice, wholesome organic food. You work very hard trying to find customers to supply your food to. You have expended a great deal of time and money compiling a customer list. If a government inspector could divulge your customer list, one of your competitors can take your list and undermine you.

Here, the government is not divulging the meat supplier's customers. This can help protect the meat supplier's legitimate interests in not having its customers steeal its customer information. It can also further an illegitimate interest of protecting good will the company does not deserve.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join