It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone ID this craft?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My Aplolgies you can't see the arcs or motor hubs. I was looking at a diffrent photo in my photo software. But the front swept cannard is evident in the original photo.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Guys don't even bother, it's fake.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
I've no idea what that is. It reminds me of a Romulan warship...and looks about as real.

Horrible, horrible square pixellation around the "craft" which I believe, and bearing in mind I am no expert in these things, indicates a sloppy cut and paste jobby. Again, this is my opinion, to which I am entitled.

Edit to add: to view these pixels, (which will undoubtedly be described as a perfectly captured plasma tension field or something) simply copy to your comp and zoom in. I would upload a cropped image, but I'm too tired.

Yheah OK this one has been playing in the back of my mind... I uploaded 3 zooms for all to decide upon.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
very small possibility the pixelation could be interference but in my opinion this is fake.

I still hold the opinion that any intelligent life out there would just by pass us...

they'd take one look at the earth and think that the job would be to big!

the only reason any intelligent life would come here is to wipe us out and steal our planet!

since we can't look after each other why would they look after us....especially when they see Bush....

Nothing to see here people

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Yessy

sorry. you are mistaken. this was in no way faked. why don't you open your mind instead of flapping your gums.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

It really does look like a cut and paste job....and the object is drawn in?

Or does that happen w/ something is moving?

Im sure JRitzman can clear this up w/in seconds. LOL

This is the image enlarged and the brightness/contrast adjusted

[edit on 7-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 7-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Guys! The "pixelation" around the airplane is just JPG compression artifacting.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

It is very square - is that normal then?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmesometruth9

If you do a web search on "rear engine aircraft," you should find your answer in photos of craft such as the "Velocity," it is similar to the craft which the famous singer John Denver was flying when he crashed and died, some years back. Check it out!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Guys! The "pixelation" around the airplane is just JPG compression artifacting.

You are correct. Here is the 200K image:

You can see clearly that it is a canard craft - one of the two posted above.

I'm leaning toward the Beachcraft Starship or the Rutan, b/c of the straight canards. Prob. the Beachcraft Starship. You can almost resolve it in the tiny image.
HTH.

The original post was the 30K, or 60K compressed image.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I thought it was a cannard also, but I am new here to the forum,
so no one is going to listen to me. I am a pilot and have been around
aircraft all my life, and usually I am pretty good at identifying aircraft.
I am sure it is not something extraterrestrial. I however do not know
a thing about cameras or pixelation or whatever it is.
I am glad that someone else thinks it is a cannard.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have seen planes like that flying around my area. I think there is a kit plane that looks like that but I would go with the above smart people.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZOOMER
I thought it was a cannard also, but I am new here to the forum,
so no one is going to listen to me. I am a pilot and have been around
aircraft all my life, and usually I am pretty good at identifying aircraft.
I am sure it is not something extraterrestrial. I however do not know
a thing about cameras or pixelation or whatever it is.
I am glad that someone else thinks it is a cannard.

ZOOMER

Zoomer, don't be silly, if you have an expertise, jump on in to the fray. It doesn't matter how long you've been a member.

Welcome to ATS.

Note that the image I just posted above your message is a NEW version of the image and is not compressed and the pixelation is not apparent. You can almost make out detail in the unzoomed part.

Always glad to have a professional pilot here. Be sure and check out the Aircraft forums.

Best,

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I apologise gimmesometruth9 for shouting fake, but in my defense, and considering the vast amount of tricksters out there, can anyone be blamed when confronted with what appeared to be a cut and paste job?

We are subjected to copious, and increasing, amounts of hoaxes, and to be honest they are becoming distractingly tedious. I say distractingly because seeing the perfectly square pixellation in the original photo obviously caused me to ignore everything I've learned from this site regarding pixel compression and make accusations that were based on emotion.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Good of you.
To honorably admit an error is a waysign on the road to perfection.

It's easy to jump to the "fake" explanation, but we stand the chance of missing something worthwhile if we do. We become just another sheep when we fail to take an honest look at everything.

I'm honored to know that these forums are filled with some of the most open minded and honest skeptics in the world. And I say that with the greatest respect. To seek proof, with an open mind for wherever the facts may lead, is to become greater with each passing day.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What a bizarre situation! The craft is clearly terrestrial in origin, but yet appears to be faked (no offence to the OP, but it does).

How considering that the OP would not fake something ordinary (what would be the point?!), we must ask how many genuine UFO photos have been dismissed as fake because of some such random occurance as with this photo.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am a pilot also. This is probably a Rutan Long EZ or one of the other variants. They are kit builts. I have seen several up close on the ground. I have seen them flying in the air when I was on the ground, and even flew near one in the airport pattern one day.

I really hope that all those people claiming fake are kidding. By the way if a legitimate photo of a real airplane (although unusual) gets the FAKE comments how are we ever to know when we have a photo of the real thing (a UFO). Photo evidence and video evidence will never be evidence again.

BTW John Denver killed himself in his own Long EZ - Hit the ocean apparently buzzing the water.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

It is one of the smaller two seaters. Probably the Long EZ. Why? Because you can see the rear landing gear sticking down under the back wing. The nose gear retracts during flight but the rear landing gear remain fixed.

Also there are no engines on the wings. The engine is in the fuselage at the rear of the plane with a pusher prop.

A Canard type aircraft merely refers to the wing configuration. The 'lifting' wing is to the aft/rear of the aircraft, while the horizontal stabilizer (canard) is on the front.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A Rutan "VariEze" canard.
en.wikipedia.org...
It's quite a fuel efficent kind of aircraft, because all wings produce lift. Powered by a common Lycoming piston engine, it is much faster (160Kts. Cruise) compared to a normal Cessna, or Piper.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by qwertz]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Beamish

Good of you.
To honorably admit an error is a waysign on the road to perfection.

It's easy to jump to the "fake" explanation, but we stand the chance of missing something worthwhile if we do. We become just another sheep when we fail to take an honest look at everything.

I'm honored to know that these forums are filled with some of the most open minded and honest skeptics in the world. And I say that with the greatest respect. To seek proof, with an open mind for wherever the facts may lead, is to become greater with each passing day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join