It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alledged UFO Captured on Film, very close.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
I agree with MrPenny...Why isn't anyone screaming or at least shouting. If this craft was real then it looked close enough to terrify the passengers.
Also the camera doesn't follow the craft but just stays fixed pointing out the window. Gives me the impression of someone looking to create stock footage to mess with later. Also...yes, short film, no before or after. No details of the encounter like you would expect if someone saw a genuine event etc. I am not a 100% sure it is hoax and I like to keep an open mind so I will say given what we have that I am 98% sure it's a hoax

Actually you can hear some high pitched chatter in the background, but it's all drowned out by the overpowering engines. I wouldn't expect to even hear a gunshot with that noise.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Think its a verry convincing video And if its CGI then its done by some professional videographer.But is there someone on ATS who can identify the plane type by the wing type? maybe someone knows if that type has characteristics compare whats on that video?

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
I wouldn't expect to even hear a gunshot with that noise.

Should have been some exclamations....an "Oh my God!!" or two....and engine noise in modern airliners isn't really that loud. That video sequence is eerily silent. You'd get more reaction if someone stood up and dropped their drawers.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
About the sounds, or lack of, from passengers. What if and this is a big what if.

What if the mic is close enough to the cabin wall that the engine noise is overiding the other cabin noises. I can faintly hear what sounds like people saying things. Also the position in the plane may, depending on the plane design, be near the engines. The engines may not be on the wings.

This could be CGI I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

the (near) opposite light source is probably from light reflecting off of clouds or some other natural reflection. I know that sounds weird, but really the light you pointed out couldn't be very bright.

Good call freakclown, parallax is definitely the reason for the seemingly unusual movement between the scratches, windows, and wings. While I wouldn't call this video real (or fake for that matter) it is interesting that someone would even think to include that in the video. I'm no expert on video creation and editing, so I don't know how hard it would be to incorporate parallax, but unless it's handled automatically by the software, the attention to detail shown in the video is astounding.

The bottom line is that we don't have a bit of context, so until someone finds out what, where, etc. a valid conclusion can't be made.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by avingard]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is little doubt in my mind that the video is shot on a plane looking out the window. Scratch movement doesn't look unusual at all. What is in doubt to me is what is on the other side of the window.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
the (near) opposite light source is probably from light reflecting off of clouds or some other natural reflection.

I was going to suggest possibly a reflection of light from the fuselage of the aircraft, since at that point it looks like the flying saucer is shown to be within spitting distance.

Oh, yeah, it doesn't look too roomy. Any aliens inside would be pretty cramped unless they're flat or really, really tiny. So if we were speculating this thing was real (very unlikely), because of the size and shape it would likely be unmanned. Or "unaliened," I guess.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
About the lack of sound, someone pointed out a while ago that it could be a military plane and that post seemed to be ignored. It is a valid and important point though. Military personnel, especially ones trusted with following and recording a UFO, wouldn't carry on and scream 'oh my god'.

I don't see anything that would prove or even suggest that this isn't a military aircraft.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
that thing is pretty darn close, and seems at one point to drift towards the plane.

i guess i'd want to know why the pilot isn't adjusting his course accordingly? the camera-person doesn't seem to lose balance at all, which is what i'd expect if the plane was in fact maneuvering away from that barn-sized hunk of metal.

i mean, something that big off of my wingtip, i think i'd at least apply a little rudder.l

i'd think.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

That's possible, but the source clearly describes it as a commercial flight between Rome and Paris. There doesn't seem to be any reason to doubt that. I suppose it's just as valid a statement to say there is nothing to suggest it isn't a commercial flight.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Depending on the aircraft they can be very noisy inside. I am a pilot and in some small prop planes you have to yell to be heard or wear a headset.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It being a military plane could also account for the size of the camera being used. From the reflection on the window it looks to be bigger then your average size handycam camcorder.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Lane75]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lane75
It being a military plane could also account for the size of the camera being used. From the reflection on the window it looks to be not your average size handycam camcorder.

Yeah, that lens reflection is pretty big. That would also suggest that there is a longer and much more high-resolution version of the footage out there somewhere.

Which again leads us back to the lack of provenance. Always the number one stickler when it comes to these things. You could make a reasonably "perfect" video with an alien even waving at you out the window, but without knowing exactly where it came from and with nothing else to back it up, it would never be more than an entertaining curiosity.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It seems to me this is manipulated. The object is most likely a plastic frisbee, note in the pictures the only light reflecting on the object is the edge of it, and it does not imo look like a metal reflection, but rather what light on plastic would look like. I am not an expert but that is my opinion on this. Seems very contrived, with obvious effort to obfuscate details making it hard to determine much, purposefully.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The plane does bank away from it!

Watch the wing tip on the horizon. Its on the horizon which means the plane it flying straight and level. But watch as the thing goes under the wing. The wing tip moves up and away from the horizon, banking to the right away from the object.

It's a gentle bank, nothing drastic.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by 2 cents]

[edit on 7-3-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If someone would get before and after shots of the banking that would be great.

I have limited upload space.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
And coming in that close to the plane , wouldn't it cause the plane to have some adverse affects?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No not from the airstream. It did not get in front of the wing or anything.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
cool video...not much else to say, but why so short?

Can't wait for some expert opinions and evaluation on this video.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Holy Frak!

That was real!?!!?

I thought that was just the hallucinations I had after Rickey and Julian overdosed me with mushrooms and bubble hash in Amsterdam.. and I wound up in rome with my bird hanging out..

I saw that UFO's on my way back to Paris to catch the train to A-dam...

I would of said something but I did not want anyone to think I was crazy...

I can't wait to get back to Sunnyvalle where the only thigs I have to worry about are Samsquanch in the Dope fields...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join