It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really nicely done fake Dinosaur costume

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Didn't know where the right place to put this video was, but I think this section probably is the most suitable. Don't know if anyone has seen this, but these costumes look really good, if they made one without the legs somehow, I would be sold hahhha.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by ZikhaN]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I actually posted some of these last year with the different dinos and how they were made.

If you can, look up the animatronic dino that is used at the Disney parks. It's pretty cool.

Also, thanks for reminding me of Silent Hill there! As if I can't already hear that weird siren going off in my head already....

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'll agree those are some pretty amazing costumes.

I would also have to agree though about the legs. You would think somebody who would spend all the time and energy to make such a realistic dino costume would take a little more time to conceal their legs somehow.

Either way, it's still pretty cool. Good find.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I'll agree those are some pretty amazing costumes.

I would also have to agree though about the legs. You would think somebody who would spend all the time and energy to make such a realistic dino costume would take a little more time to conceal their legs somehow.

Either way, it's still pretty cool. Good find.

True about the legs, but imagine if they were perfectly concealed? Somebody would probably shoot him. That's no way to go out!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

pretty cool looking!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
One of the most awesome things ive ever seen. Whoever (or team) that designed this really deserves best costume of all time.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yeah that is pretty awesome; I bet they're pretty expensive - they look it. Wonder if they're even made for mass distribution, or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Moocho cool

I think the legs could probably be 'whited out' if they used for film purposes, thus making it irrelevant for that venue.

As far as walking down the street, the arch of the dinos legs would not be as realistic if human legs were concealed in there somewhere, not allowing for the bending

Imagine it at night with a person wearing all black from the waist down.
I'd relieve myself quite extensively.

Ingenious design.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
WOW....

It takes a moment to actually see the persons legs...and if you were not expecting it to come round a corner late at night my god it would scare the hell out of you!

Never underestimate the power of surprise!
I was once in one of those laser gun battle games inside a building and they released a guy in an alien (the film) costume...my god did we poop our pants when that came round the corner and we wernt expecting it. After the game we saw the suit/guy and it was a shoddy attempt at any thing realistic.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Even tho i know what it is.

There is something inside me that says run for your life save yourself !!!

I wonder how people would react if they saw a dinosaur for real ? Well atleast i know how i would react.

Great vid.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here's the one from my thread of last year:

[edit on 7-3-2008 by jbondo]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Ahhh nice!!! Never seen that one. Too bad I can't edit it into my first post;(

Originally posted by jbondo
Also, thanks for reminding me of Silent Hill there! As if I can't already hear that weird siren going off in my head already....

Np^^ Nothing beats Silent Hill 1 2 and 3!!

[edit on 7-3-2008 by ZikhaN]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And here is Lucky the dinosaur that travels around to the different Disney parks.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That one isn't so realistic though rofl^^

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Really awesome!

If only they would have taken the time to put him on a black floor you wouldn't see the legs.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
That one isn't so realistic though rofl^^

Yes, but there isn't anyone inside, underneath or pedaling him along. Gotta be impressed by that at least a little.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In this video that you posted

There is one without a human inside, and it looks a lot better(:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Here's the thing though, when you create something that's going to be roaming Disney parks and interacting with kids you have to soften it up and have it appear friendly and somewhat cartoonish. I'm sure they did it on purpose.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i think these costumes are used for the Discovery channel show. they are nice though. wouldnt mind owning one and walking around the woods here...lol i might get shot though

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

We know that but we were discussing the last video which is the Disney dino "Lucky" and how it's appearance was not as authentic as the Discovery dinos.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join