It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids see mum raped on YouTube

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by SD-JH543
What everyone is forgetting here is that their are software algorithms/programs that can pre-screen for objectionable content and then refer to a human inspection before posting if the software flags something inappropriate.

Please provide a link to one that works, specifically on video files, to support this claim. Until then, I have to chalk that notion up to mere "wishful thinking". I've never heard of, nor seen, any algorithm/program that recognizes rape, and I think you may be a bit confused regarding current capabilities of such software.

[edit on 3/7/08 by redmage]

Can't quite remember where I had read of software that could recognize or screen for certain behaviors, my source for the statement may have been Wired magazine but I'm not 100% on that. It may also be something that is in development stage as well.. I'll see if I can dig it up.

SD

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Can't quite remember where I had read of software that could recognize or screen for certain behaviors, my source for the statement may have been Wired magazine but I'm not 100% on that. It may also be something that is in development stage as well.. I'll see if I can dig it up.

SD

Not what I had read but along the same lines..
SD

cinematech.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
reply to post by ergoli

x has a taste (a bad one) so if you were gonna spike someones drink x wouldnt be your best bet. roofies is what they always talk about being used in date rape. acid ('___') would leave you to disoriented to defend yourself. but were talking about a girl 100-200 lb body weight and propably no tolerance to any kind of drugs so they could have used just about anything. the first time you try...imean are subjected to any kind of drug its pretty intense.

thanks for the advice.

now on to the important question.

where can i find this HOT video?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is a front. Another event to make us censor the internet, maybe even shut it down and start 'internet2'.

I'm not going to go into anymore detail than this.

There is a reason the video wasn't removed people. You really don't think it was flagged? You REALLY don't think SOMEBODY reported the video?

They did. Nothing was done. Youtube is owned by Google and Google is now a government operative. The video was allowed to sit so that a scandal could arise. More anti-internet sentiment on the way, just watch. Really sad to see how effective this is on all of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Considering she were unable to move on the video, the viewers were likely to confuse this with an acted out scenario.

So I'm not so sure the viewers should be held accountable. Quite frankly, in media, especially internet media, it's almost impossible for the viewer to know what is real, and what is acted out.

At the same time though, the fact that these kids were screwed up enough to not only rape her, but place the video on an international viewing site means that no matter how much correctional discipline they receive, they can never be corrected.

Hence the only efficient means of addressing this issue is to put the rapists down. I know they are young, but there is no way to correct them. Just put them down and be done with it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
isn't it deplorable that 600 people watched this video before it was pulled (presumably after being reported for what it was to youtube)

600 people!

All due respect but 599 of those people might have only watched 1 second of the footage.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

SilentShadow, I know - all too well! - what kind of things go on in the world, in people's minds, in people's lives. I am in the media myself (although I've cut my active participation by some 90% precisely because I don't want to get my mind infested with yet more of this nightmarish stuff).

I am not against knowing, being aware - quite the opposite.
What I meant was that there is no need to feed one's mind with images of specific incidents - when reading about it, even diagonally, is more than enough for any adult to "get the picture".
(And, on a more personal - but, for the very same reason, no less relevant - basis, I tend to remember every single scene that makes an impression, bad or good, on me - forever. If I told the things I retain in my mind... Nah. I'd rather not.)

It's the same as with the old adage that - supposedly - "we can't look away from the scene of an accident".

I've always had a strong objection to that platitude, because I know for a fact that not only "we" - meaning a lot of people, I suppose, because I know it's true of me - CAN look away, but "we" don't even have to overcome any urge to look and watch in the first place.

Do I have to watch the scene of an accident to know that accidents happen?
No, of course not.

And that's what it is all about for me.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools

thanks for the advice.

now on to the important question.

where can i find this HOT video?

Yes I understand this was humor, but I wonder if you understand why it wasn't funny?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
At least the video can be used in evidence against the perpetrators of this disgusting crime.

Exactly. This scenario is nothing new to this world, it happens all the time. What IS becoming a trend it people filming their own crimes to brag about later. This I see as a good thing for two reasons:
1. It makes people more aware to the evil that exists in our world.
2. It is excellent evidence to prosecute.
Hopefully, the result will be a more aware society which will lead to much harsher penalties for crimes this severe, and more criminals going to prison who normally would have got away with these crimes.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
While this subject sickens me, it does raise an area of concern that has changed my views on the death penalty. I have always opposed the death penalty in Western nations and once believed that rehabilitation was possible. The reality is that the prisons in most Western nations do not engage in any sort of rehabilitation, and in the USA the prisons are the soul-destroying destinations of 1 out of every 100 U.S. citizens. Obviously, something is very wrong in the U.S.A. and I blame the so-called War on Drugs which is just a war on citizens ... now being followed closely by the War on terror.

But to the subject of rape and sexual crimes -- I have come to the conclusion that those who commit rape and those who engage in sexual abuse of children (or anyone else) should receive the death penalty -- and it matters not whether the offender is 40 years old or 11 years old. Western societies cannot survive while what amounts to soul-violence as well as physical violence is an "endurable" sentence. The perps need to be removed from the face of the Earth. Having read quite a bit of the literature on the rehabilitation, recidivism, and related statistics, Western nations and their people would fare far better eliminating the rapist and sexual abuse criminals from the planet. (And, yes, the rapists in this video should be executed forthwith.)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Not what I had read but along the same lines..
SD

cinematech.blogspot.com...

I appreciate the effort/response; however, that is nothing along the same lines. What they implemented was a "video fingerprinting" software. It compares video footage, for a match, against a database of known copyrighted materials. Unless the rape footage was identical to a known film, or TV show, on the database, it wouldn't "flag" the clip at all.

What you're asking for is an Artificial Intelligence program that can make moral judgements based on what it sees. Software which can scan a video and answer the question, "Has a crime been committed?". AI just hasn't advanced that far yet.

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
There is a reason the video wasn't removed people.

It wasn't? Have you read the article? It clearly states that the video was taken off the site.

You really don't think it was flagged? You REALLY don't think SOMEBODY reported the video?

I absolutely believe that the video was flagged, and removed. I commend them for their action. 600 views is nothing compared to their user base, and odds of someone witnessing a live sexual assault, around the world, are probably higher than stumbling upon such a video on YouTube.

The video was allowed to sit so that a scandal could arise.

Any evidence to support this? When was the video uploaded, and removed? How long did it "sit"? Knowing that YT has a massive user base, and that 600 views isn't a lot, I'm left to conclude that your accusation doesn't hold much water.

More anti-internet sentiment on the way, just watch. Really sad to see how effective this is on all of us.

I've gotta agree with you there, and you can see it happening in this very thread. People are already asking for advanced AI to monitor their own activities, and/or they believe it's YT's fault for not having such advanced tech currently in force.

Freedom comes with personal responsibility; it's a message that I see eroding every day. :shk:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Obviously, something is very wrong in the U.S.A. and I blame the so-called War on Drugs which is just a war on citizens ... now being followed closely by the War on terror.

And the War on Copyright Infringement / Media Preservation. As someone else pointed, UTube is quick to remove copyrighted material, but not so quick to remove scenes of actual rape.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Western nations and their people would fare far better eliminating the rapist and sexual abuse criminals from the planet. (And, yes, the rapists in this video should be executed forthwith.)

Does the fact that the three rapists in this case being 16, 16 and 14 change your opinion? Should they be subjected to the death penalty for an act they committed when they were under the age of 18?

I know at 14-16 i was doing STUPID things that looking back was only due to my inexperience and lack of worldly knowledge.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo

And the War on Copyright Infringement / Media Preservation. As someone else pointed, UTube is quick to remove copyrighted material, but not so quick to remove scenes of actual rape.

As Redmage already pointed out, 600 views with the huge user base (not including non-registered) is a blink of an eye. Considering what the videos title was most likely called when uploaded, I wouldn't be surprised if it was only up for 20 minutes..

As was also pointed out earlier in the thread, there is an obscene amount of videos uploaded every hour. Even with aggressive moderation of the videos it's simply absurd to think they could catch all the bad ones before a bunch of people view it.

Sure if they manually viewed all the videos prior to going live then that would solve the "problem". So for people that feel this type of moderation should be implemented; how about ATS mods viewing ALL the posts to make sure they are ToC kosher PRIOR to being posted live. Hmm?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

Does the fact that the three rapists in this case being 16, 16 and 14 change your opinion? Should they be subjected to the death penalty for an act they committed when they were under the age of 18?

I know at 14-16 i was doing STUPID things that looking back was only due to my inexperience and lack of worldly knowledge.

I think he said it wouldn't matter if the person was 11.

18 is the magical number for you eh?
heh.

This type of crime transcends age. Or "act" by your words.

So you did "STUPID" things when you were under 18... but did you drug, and gang-rape a mom? Video tape it, and then distribute the footage?

Hey maybe we should just give them 500 hours of community service for their "lack of wordly knowledge".

[edit on 023131p://8u11 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
didnt anyone notice how the victim didn't report the rape until the video showed up. she wasn't gonna report them. these kids couldve gotten away with it if it weren't for their video. from the way the victim spoke in the article it would appear that she viewed them as kids and not actual rapists. I think she didnt want to ruin their lives or something or am i way off. In my opinion they should be hanged because they not only hurt and dishonored a person but did it in front of her kids plus they distributed the video online which means no remorse whatsoever. all this goes beyond criminals you see on tv shows. And she shouldvve reported them because they wouldve done it again to someone else. I cant believe these people live amongst us.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by SilentShadow

I think he said it wouldn't matter if the person was 11.

18 is the magical number for you eh?
heh.

This type of crime transcends age. Or "act" by your words.

So you did "STUPID" things when you were under 18... but did you drug, and gang-rape a mom? Video tape it, and then distribute the footage?

Hey maybe we should just give them 500 hours of community service for their "lack of wordly knowledge".

[edit on 023131p://8u11 by Lucid Lunacy]

18 is the magic number society puts on these things. I for one am happy with that age as there has to be that 'magic' age. 18 seems right for now, maybe i can see it being dropped to maybe 16 in the future... but i am getting off your point.

The post i was replying to mentioned that the people who committed this crime deserved to be killed and they were happy for this to happen. I too would like to see justice served, maybe death penalty for these actions is appropriate, however, these criminals are still children at 16, 16 and 14. They do not deserve to be put to death at that age.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't think anyone deserves to be put to death if they can be rehabilitated. I don't think age has much to do with a person's ability to change their ways.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
they deserve death. why as a society cant we accept that people become who they want to be at a very early age. they did things that true criminals might find disturbing. and of course there is that gang mentality hence the 14 year old. I wonder who was the ring leader. and what relationship did they have with the victim previously. the article doesn't say much really.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

Originally posted by enchantress62
No, I'm just saying that there are conspiracies, and then there is far-fetched fiction. A conspiracy is something like "the government killed JFK" or "there were aliens on the moon during the Apollo program". Saying that Google knowingly let a rape video slide purely for financial gain generated by sensationalist press when they made $350 a second last year by purely legal means...that's a bit much.

Well I disagree, it happens all the time. Look at the conspiracy theories comming out of 9/11. I wouldn't think our government would harm ppl for personal gain either, but it sure as hell is looking like that's exactly what they did. So why is it such a stretch to think Youtube wouldn't use something like this to bring ppl running to see it. It's relatively new news and look at how many ppl are already talking about it. ppl will flock to youtube now to see if it really was pulled off. Nothing like morbid curiousity to boost revenue.

I have no evidence of this, and so at this point, it's just a thought.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join