It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A single rifle bullet, another victim - but no hope of a doctor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Isreali Snipers Kill 12 year old girl

uruknet.info

First came an explosion in the street outside. Then the sound of a single rifle bullet slicing through the sky in a sharp crack and into the apartment directly above the home of Raed Abu Saif, the same apartment into which his young daughter Safa had just gone. It was Saturday afternoon, about 4pm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 3/6/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This has gone just too far. This is a classic example of war crimes. The United States should end our support for Isreal, NOW!

uruknet.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Master_Wii]

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

ending support will be a mistake,isreal is like a bull dog...for various historical reasons... and you gotta keep them on a leash lest you loose control of them.you need to keep thier ear.

what the usa has to do is really start pushing some buttons,to stop letting them get away with murder,for currently isreals behaviour is damaging the image of the usa throughout the world,it is creating much negative sentiment that is causing many a person to resent america.

i know how it works,say what you want in private to and about them but dont criticise them in public,perhaps its time to change,perhaps isreal are just exploiting americas leniant hand for thier own benifit,perhaps an honest assessment of a few isreali mistakes would prevent them from being so brutish towards thier fellow human beings.perhaps its about time isreal started showing some responsibity for the privilaged postion it has fought for.continued fighting will do nothing more for anyone,political solutions are all thats left.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Isreal is Gods chosen people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,END SUPPORT FOR ISREAL. Poor girl.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
most of our gov't is in bed with israel,,, fat chance of anything being done or said that is critical of them.

israel must put out---cause it seems our gov't thinks they do no wrong and always ready and willing to bow down to them.

did you see the post not long ago----where we will give them oil,,,millions of barrels,,, even if our own supply is limited----an agreement renewed every so many years which is apparently still in effect

so screw americans--israeli needs come first------jeez,, somedays i feel absolutley sick.. i have to take a break from ats because the truth is so outrageous and ridiculous,,, my stress and blood pressure go through the roof!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
ending support will be a mistake,isreal is like a bull dog

And the United States is Michael Vick.

Please, share the blame and criticism with the United States. Israel's pathetic and inhumane treatment of those they occupy is bad enough, but then to cloud it and act as if the United States doesn't fund, arm, support and ENCOURAGE these worthless sacks of # makes it even worse.

It's documented history that Israel has slaughtered these people. Documented history is something FOX News and CNN don't share, so I can see how some may be ignorant to what is really going on.

It's not like this has snuck up on the United States, and now all of a sudden they have to contemplate ending relations. This has been going on for quite some time.

They know full well what is going on and they're fine with it.

EVERYONE but them and their criminal friends are EXPENDABLE!

[edit on 3/6/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Im so glad that someone picked up on this, it was front page news in the UK but failed to get anywhere with online news sources.

The story was heartbreaking, she was shot in her own bedroom through the chest. It then took over three hours for her to die, craddled in her fathers arms as he attempted to compress the wound. The family attempted to find a doctor by waving a white flag, as soon as they entered the street a tank started firing over their heads and they were forced to return. They could not leave until the next day, by which time the child was dead.

Sadly this is not the only story, the Israeli's are imposing curfew with only 5mins warning. Anyone found in the street is immediately a "legitimate target", this has included children playing in the street who have no idea of what is happening around them.

In no way do i support the Hamas suicide attacks or rockets launched on israeli cities. But can Israel really be suprised when things like this happen? If your children were shot in the street as they played, if you were forced to rely on food rations from the UN for years on end, if you were forced to live without sanitation, fresh water or reliable energy would you not wish to do anything in your power to harm those who oppressed you?

Hearts and minds fall on flat ears.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
And they claim they do not target civilians.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I disagree totally with children getting caught in the middle of 'man's mistakes', but alas... war is war.

If the Israelis are killing innocent civilians purposely, they deserve nothing less than death.

But a quick examination of headlines in the past regarding other military occupations... you will find similar occurrences.

I am no way condoning the actions or defending the Israelis... but

from the article...

[The roofs of nearby buildings were still dotted with Israeli soldiers. It was from there the bullet that killed Safa was fired, the family believe.

With all the fighting and kaos these people are cast into, mistakes are going to happen.. from all sides.

Devils advocate... who knows for sure who fired that shot?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
[edit] i'm so f'ing angry at this story that I've removed my post for not wishing to contravene decency or the T&C

[edit on 6-3-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I expect to hear this same outrage the next time Israeli kids are killed by terrorist bombs. But I am not holding my breath.

I feel terrible for the family of this girl and the sniper must be brought up on murder charges. His action is his responsibility and he needs to be punished.

I hope the members here who are way overreacting by painting all Israel with a broad brush over this incident realize just how terrible they sound. blaming an entire country on this one persons act is a joke. I guess these same members must also blame all arabs, in fact all muslims for all terrorist acts as well right?

Really people, grow up and assign blame properly rather then blame all for just one. Especially when you don't even know the complete story of what happened. Of course I also like the quote Grailkeeper put in, the family believes the shot came from Israelis. I guess the burden of proof is out the window and guilty until proven otherwise is the case here.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It's genocide and the US is complicit. Is the Jewish lobby running the US government?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Im sure you will do, but in the past 10 days 1 israeli civilian (who was the catalyst for the strikes) and 3 israeli soldiers have died. In comparison over 120 palestinians, half of whom were civilians, have died. The sad truth is that this actions is hugely disproportionate.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by tarichar]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
First of all, absolutely nothing in the article implicates Israel in the shooting. Did the bullet have the Star of David on it? I dont' get how they can tell where the random stray bullet came from. It could have been from someone celebrating a wedding, shooting at a bird, or just testing. We have no idea. This is simply sensationalism.

Secondly, civilians in Gaza are often hurt because the terrorist launching Qassam rockets pick crowded public places to launch their attacks from. They know that it's a win-win situation for them. If Israel shoots back civilians will probably be killed which will only make Israel look worse.

Footage shows terror cell preparing to launch mortar shells near elementary school in Gaza, fleeing site after launches. IDF says terror organizations 'aware of our sensitivity to these areas and they take advantage of that, this is as cynical as their use of the civilian population gets'

The tall structure in the video is the school and the red circle tracks the terrorists as they prepare to fire the mortars. Military officials said Israeli forces withheld fire, fearing civilians would be harmed.
www.ynet.co.il...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

i actually want isreal to be boycotted...
but we live in the real world,run by the big boys,who are self interested,they never in a million years will stop support for isreal no matter what we say.

you gotta convince them to try reign isreal in.

you gotta pursue the course of action which is most likely to suceed and thus have a postive effect,not which is most idealistic and unlikley to suceed,i think its called pragmatism.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hah. The great "Chosen ones". Rather killers. As a sniper you're not making this sort of mistakes at all. This was a simple "There is a Palestinian, shot her down in the name of the Jewish God...", a.k.a. Satan.

While I'm from a foreign country I have my reasons to support the U.S., regardless I'm not agreeing with the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. But the U.S. should stop to support these serial killer Israelis. Let them to be pushed back to the sea by the countries of the Middle East. They're causing all the problems in the Middle East. And they're the primary reason why the U.S. is making war there. Stop to support them, pull out from those countries and peace will fall to that region.

I hope the next U.S. President will cut the money support to Israel immediately.

Oh. And before someone would come, the Israelis are innocent as always (They're never saying the truth and unable to take the responsibility for everything. This is their major trait.), let me remind you that only 3 IDF soldiers died, while 120 CIVILIANS has been murdered by the IDF (I know. These 120 was a mistake too.).

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

A star for you.

As I said earlier, I don't condone all the actions but I don't believe in condemning everyone either.

I try to be neutral and weigh both sides, but it seems there is a lot of 'one-sided' banter against Israel, unfounded IMO.

Video makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

Unfounded reasons? Do you believe that people are stupid or what? Whose are hating Israel, they have their own reasons. I also have one. I hate liars and serial killers. Honestly. Just watch the statistics. How many civilians has been killed on the sides last week? 120 Palestinians, 0 Israeli civs. So, let's see, which side did the massacre? You may guess two, but I believe you're going to hit it for the first round.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

First of all, the event described by journalist are tragic, no one will argue , not even "rather killers" who are unable of saying the truth and ctr.
I wanted to ask why "sniper" and why "Israeli" yersteday, but reading the whole article , the end -

Their uncle Hatim, 32, sat outside the funeral tent yesterday and explained openly how much he too disagreed with the militants firing rockets. Then he said: "But what is our guilt?"

really broke me.I just turned off pc and thought a lot about this issue. I mean,what these people really can do? I as citizen of Israel will never agree with rockets and mortars falling daily 100+km off me on other citizens of Israel, constantly getting nearer. So i use every way to press my government to solve it and this is the only answer my government can give me.
Now, for those who dance on blood - i ,as that uncle ,do not have other solution then removal of Hamas or removal of Israel. The last one will seem great to some of you - but i will not agree to that without a war.This way different girls and boys will die.
To force Hamas to step down means entering Gaza with huge forces and then number of dead will reach sky. What is your soltuion? I have non, thats why did not answer till some one in other thread "forced" me.
I will live just fine without IDF in Gaza. Will Palestinians live without firing rockets? I just want to remind you that Hamas refused cease fire on the same conditions as before this recent outbreak of hostilities. So a deadlock will remain ,and people will die.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No evidence. There fore it's the evil Jews out murduring again...for all anyone really knows that could have been a stray round from most any source.

I would think it obvious that not all the bullets flying around come from Israeli rifles. Why don't you all wait and make sure it was an Israeli sniper before you start castigating Israel for all the evil in the world, or the Jews in other places.

But then again squealing about the evil Israeli's is par for the course for many of you...let's hear the same level of outrage when a Palestinian bomber blows himself up on a bus or a shopping mall. I wait with baited breath.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join