It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices up, Production Down: $5.19 for regular!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The oil companies only made 300billion in profit last year so they want to hit that Trillion mark in profit for 2008 , jack up the prices screw the consumer with a false oil shortage and oil CEO's will get 30million dollar bonus checks and laugh all the way to the bank.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Beer is probably the logical choice.

No way, man. They won't be able to justify that. Oil they can, as they do by blaming the oil-producing countries and letting the peasants gobble that news up.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
No way, man. They won't be able to justify that. Oil they can, as they do by blaming the oil-producing countries and letting the peasants gobble that news up.

Why not? They justify the tax on cigarettes! And which is worse, beer or cigarettes?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
are all the gas stations charging over $5.00 already in California?

It seems odd that this gas station has such high prices... I'm paying roughly $3.50 for a gal of premium here in South Florida. Not saying that $5.00 gas isn't in our future, but right now it just seems odd.. especially since that price had to have been posted before today's oil price of $104 a barrel.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Don't you remember the stink caused by that one story a while back when one of the gas station owners decided to charge like $4.25 when everyone else was at 3.00?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dnodnodno

its more like 4 litres to the US gallon and 5 litres to the uk(or imperial) gallon , my diesel is 108p per litre , which at todays exchange rate of nearly 2 usd per £ (actually $1.9959 to £1 so yeah 2
) - thats 8.64 a US gallon and nearly $11 for a UK gallon!

but for the US to be at 5.19 per gallon , its real expensive

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I know, that's sick! I don't understand how you people haven't taken to the streets on prices like that. Insane. How does anyone survive? And then that other story about them charging a $ 50 fee just to drive downtown to alleviate congestion? WTF?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Bush: US must "get off oil"

www.rawstory.com...

While calling for energy conservation, Bush joked on Wednesday that it probably did not help that he rode to his speech in a 20-car motorcade.

While the little guy gets crunched to the point of civil war, Bush jokes. It figures.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This makes me sick. Where is the government? Oh right. They are trying to secure oil and THEY ARE FAILING. Guess Iraq didn't work out too well
Or did it...?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Haha, suckers! I pay nothing a gallon, and got rid of my cars back in 2004 when all this crap started. Back when it became completely obvious that i was funding injustice with my economic leverage, i simply stopped buying almost any product that was a result of injustice in the consumer's name.

First, my soul is not involved with funding global genocide, my dollars don't speak up and demand products obtained by war (both corporate and military). I don't demand that someone dies so i can have new plastic or be lazy and ride in a car.

Second, I live a self sustainable lifestyle, if civilization collapses, i'd have to do without my desktop computer and power my laptop off solar. That's about all i'd really have to change in my lifestyle.

The biggest problem will be the "unsustainables" fighting like crack addicts over the last shard of rock. Even then, i picked a location to live where even if total collapse happened, we'd be able to sustain our real community. The few SUVers in town (most people walk here, not many cars) will probably be driven out quickly as well as all the big city type people who live here and commute, and the rest of the community won't miss them when they go. Meanwhile, the real community will be busy forming farming co-ops and terrace farming all the canyon walls where the SUVers and unsustainables used to live. We'll probably also have a solar power co-op, there's enough of us with panels that we could assemble an array and tie it into the grid after we cut it off from the rest of the outworld to support the community of about 1000-2000 ppl that will be left in town after energy apocalypse.

I skate everywhere i don't bike or walk, and have been doing so for about 30 years now. If i can't get there under my own power i just don't go.

Now, I lay blame for this crisis on the lazy and ignorant majority of the population who refuse to stand up for their rights as humans as well as even attempt to stand on any ground of righteousness. You're the "devil's" accomplice, aiding and abetting the wicked for the reward of convenience. Those who aren't assisting the devil (so to speak) are probably agreeing with me, the rest of the lazy and ignorant are probably going to be offended, especially the false religious zealot types who think a strong economy built on war and death is "god's work". If you're offended by that, maybe you should engage in some critical thought and do the math on that problem.

What i'm most passionate (read "angry") about when it comes to this issue is that As soon as I was informed as most of you claim to be that my actions were enabling the "evildoers "(not the freedom fighters) i changed my ways to reduce that to the minimum. Where were you? I took to the streets after the 2004 election robbery, the streets were empty, everyone was sitting home watching CNN and lamenting the fact that evil once again prevailed. When we went to war for oil, I stopped buying oil, but as pricers rose and a false shortage was touted, you slackers ran to the pumps and filled up with every last drop of gaia's stolen blood you can get your heathen hands on, and exxon made billions off you. You are the one who bought the bombs and bullets that killed innocents half a world away because they were brown and in the way of the beast ripping more holes in the earth to drain her of her lifeblood. So yeah, I'm REAL angry that all you fake people express required false outrage as you hand over your $5 a gallon for liquid death, saying there's nothing you can do about it. Well, if you all did the righteous thing and refused to provide evil with tools of war, we wouldn't be in this craphole of a world that the blind idiots of those who went before us built, and left us.

So yeah, if you're one of the blind ones who left my generation to grow up in a toxic sludge of a world run by heathens, thanks, thanks a lot @$$#0!3&! Your selfishness buried under the excuse of convenience has left my generation's children a world of war, hate, destruction, and poverty in the name of convenience. I can't even have children because of you, because it would be an unconscionable act of abuse and irresponsibility to bring a pure innocent life into a world of evil. I cannot commit such an atrocity and live with the fact that i created a life with free will only to have such will stifled from day one by a runaway society gone mad with industrialization and comfort for the rich at all costs.

Oh yeah, and to all of you who held the power of being a citizen, yet failed to exercise your rights and fight on the side of good when evil built it's modern empire, during the past 75 years, thanks for nothing, thanks for being complacent, thanks for leaving my people to grow up in this economic and social warzone. Thanks for dutifully ignoring injustice and wickedness. Thanks for assimilating and conspiring with devils through your inattention and ignorance. Thanks for choosing convenience over natural freedom and free will, you spineless !@!#$#$%#%@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll stop here, otherwise i'll have 10 posts of rant which i still won't apologize for as long as you slackers out there keep feeding your souls to satan's machine that is this world. Thanks for nothing!!!

And yet, you are still buying $5/gal liquid death to ensure you can still serve your evil masters?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

If you don't get an applause for that post within 2 days, I swear to God I will leave this site and never come back. I will be watching your profile. It stands at 4.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What stands at 4? huh? I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I feel your pain!!!!!!!

You saw this coming I saw this coming and many other good people in ATS through the years were talking about this mess.

But meanwhile many Americans were praising our liberator government while waving their littler American flags to invasion, war and decimation.

Arabs countries are not and never be Americas friend, money talks bs walk, now they got the bull by the horns.

Suck it up people because is going to get worst.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oil Jumps on Surprise Supply Drop

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil surged Wednesday, rising a remarkable $5 a barrel to a new record over $104 after the government reported a surprise drop in crude oil stockpiles and OPEC held production levels steady.

Most analysts had expected the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration to report oil supplies rose last week for the eighth straight time. Instead, they fell by 3.1 million barrels.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Worse? Actually I see it getting better. The scar on the earth is manifesting it's ugly scabbed over pus filled stage, the early stages of healing. At this stage healing means cleansing, we've built such a wicked world of pure evil.

And not ethnic cleansing, but a cleansing of the collective soul and consciousness, because it can't get any worse, i already live in limbo with a penthouse view of the heart of hell, being in america, land of the wicked slackers, standing on the small spot left of sovereign territory that i have liberated for myself, of which borders consist of the edges of my physical representation of being which is my own hologram anyway.

With the us's war budget alone, we could probably buy 1000 years of global peace and solve all of humanity's problems, but instead we buy bombs and DU rounds that rip through people fighting for their freedom from an invading force.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

My friend you are so right, where has you been posting lately that I have not seen your post before, please I apologize if you have answer me in any other post and I have ignore you.

I can not get enough reading in you last two post.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
All i have to say is i worked at a radio shack for a while in the Herkimer ny area and some wing nut from Stratford aera about 20 mins away had a vw rabbit he was running off of vegetable oil.. He was going to local fast food places taking there old and filtering it as well he said just regular vegetable oil from the store worked.. This was real deal ...The rabbit smelled like a fast food joint just coming in our parking lot. Now this guy may have been a little hick and a little nuts... but he had a full working car on veggie oil so i would think that may be a good route to go . Just throwing this out there so folks know the technology isn't something complicated and even a crazy mountain man can do it so dont be discouraged.
This nation(usa) need young minds who enjoy technology and have morals .. few and far but that will be the only chance we have to beat the wild stuff going on. The strong mind will always surpass the meak.
[edit on 5-3-2008 by Localjoe3]

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Localjoe3]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thank you, whoever that mod was that applauded Desert on that. It was well deserved. I wanted to make sure that post didn't go without appropriate credit, and it is very rare that I will go to the member center and submit a sugg/comp on one, but I did.

Anyway, on with the discussion!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Let's see, 10 billion for the oil companies, 30 billion for the govenment. Those fancy bombers, misslies, and bullets get expensive

seekingalpha.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah, biodiesel is cool, if i come across an old rabbit somehow i'm planning on doing my conversion, i've been researching it. Thing is, i really don't even want or need a car, i walk skate, or bike everywhere and even a green car would cut into that lifestyle. I just really don't care if i have a car.

I do own a motorcycle though, a KLR650 completely set up to be self sufficient except for the fact that it still takes petrol. It's been parked since last year though and i'm researching alternate power convesion options, such as solar electric. It gets 50mpg and needs no roads, i just ride straight line through the desert and over mountains to get where i'm going, but i never go anywhere in the first place since the place i live in is the closest thing to utopian society as i've ever seen anywhere. I feel like i'm in a different country when i leave the borders of utopia for the outworld, and it is, because there are a lot of us here who have liberated ourselves and declared ourselves sovereign entities by our actions.

Marg, i've been around for a long time, and i've noticed your posts as well, sounding like you're seeing with three, i just don't usually post unless i feel i have something positive or profound to add, no sense in wasting words on idle banter when there's a war on, and words are rationed like sniper bullets in the 'zone. I spend most of my time writing raps and trying to get an album together bringing attention to the situation at hand. That's where i'm concentrating my offensive insurgency effort, my defense is my economic choices, and my offense being my output of words and positive action, as well as a tool for setting an example. I'm happy, healthy, intelligent, have a clear conscience, and the skills to engage any enemy with words and actions, on any ground, and attack from all angles. I work on sharpening my mind and physical hologram till my soul can slice diamond, break the matrix, and bend timespace. I fully intend to do battle and defeat as much evil as i can with my radiation of positive energy and words

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join