It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices up, Production Down: $5.19 for regular!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Gas Prices up, Production Down: $5.19 for regular!

www.kion46.com

GORDA, Calif.- If you're going to be heading down the Big Sur Coastline anytime soon, you'll probably going to want to have a full tank before you leave with the price of crude oil skyrocketing. With gasoline following the same direction, the Americo gas station in Gorda, just south of Big Sur is selling premium unleaded gas for $5.39 a gallon. If you can do without premium regular's a relative bargain at $5.19.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A bargain at 5.19? Holy doo doo!

"We may not have seen the worst of it yet," Comey said. "It's particularly troubling from the consumer's perspective that this is happening at this time of the year, when we often see prices that are relatively low."

Well, I guess it's time to park the SUV's.

OPEC will not put more oil on the global market, citing the stumbling U.S. economy as the reason for slackening demand in the near future.

The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries announced today that it decided not to pump more - or less - oil right now because crude supplies are plentiful and demand is expected to weaken in the second quarter.

Perhaps the greatest conspiracy ever is the big oil company's strangling of people, when the economic situation is already bleak. There is just no money to pay for these outrageous prices.

www.kion46.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well I think its about time to park the car and pick up the bike, rollerblades or skateboards. No one will be able to fully pay these prices. There are just so many things happening right now in the country there will be no way to follow it all. Home forclosures being one of them and now gas rises again. This year doesn't seem to be taking a turn for the better, but then again we are still in this year so perhaps something will change sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I sure am glad the ol' Harley gets about 50 to the gallon.
They can take their $5.39 a gallon and drink it.

On another cheery note, I was at our wonderful Wally World
yesterday. Standing in one of the long lines, all I heard from
other people was how ridiculous high the prices were getting
to be even at this so called discount store.

Maybe it really is time to start stocking up on LOTS of long
lasting food items before the grunt hits the blades.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Crude May Rise to $120 in Six Months, Taqa CEO Says (Update2)

By Glen Carey

March 4 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil may rise to $120 a barrel within six months due to the dollar weakness and global political tensions, the chief executive officer of Abu Dhabi National Energy Co. said.

``I think a trading range between $80 and $120 a barrel this year is about right,'' Peter Barker-Homek, the head of the United Arab Emirates state-controlled company, which is also known as Taqa, said in an interview in Dubai today. ``But with the softness of the dollar, and the occasional interruptions that you have because of politics, I think we could see $120 oil.''

People are literally going to have to start selling things just to be able to pay for gas to get them to work. Where in family budgets do they expect people to able to come up with this money?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hey man, gotta pay for this war somehow. Why not a hidden tax on a commodity that damn near everyone needs?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How is OPEC controlling the price of oil funding the war? We need to become energy independent, tell the tree huggers to let us drill for oil off of Florida and tell the Middle East ot kiss our high hard one.

There will always be coal but there should be more nuclear, solar and bio fuels used in the mainstream. It is in major corporation and conglomerates because they cannot afford the fuel and they ahve the money to convert. It is time to bring cheap solar to the home and bio fuel for cars.

Putting a new president in office will not change the price of oil....

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Russia has cut half of its gas supply to Ukraine. And Ukraine has announced that they might start using the gas meant for transit to Europe.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

This is off topic, by I like that rabbit in your piccy. Where did you get that? That baby is HUGE!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yep, I saw that news. So where does that leave Europe?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know these rises are a huge shock to people state side but, under the assumption that US gallon = 3.785 litre, in the UK we pay around $7-8 minimum. If oil is to continue to rise in price (which it will, exponentially) perhaps its time to start looking at renewable energy out of economical rather than just the ecological reasons that have been pushed previously. From what ive read this cargizmodo.com... does 0-60 in 7secs, has a top speed of 100mph and will go for 200miles before running flat. If I had the money I would buy it just on looks alone, aside from the sh!tty wheels.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Too late! The rabbit's gone. I guess he went back in the hat.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

A box of baked beans heated over the camp fire perhaps? They might buy some gas from Norway, I guess. But I doubt they can get all they need.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Roger THAT.

I think people underestimate the potential of sheer high energy prices to cause civil unrest. All the political rhetoric will pale in comparison when people can't even feed their families because of high energy prices. Nothing else will matter. NOTHING.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Blame the US oil giants for the price - OPEC have said theres enough crude for teh demand , so its the companies price gouging

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Plane flies five passengers from US to London

The flight from Chicago to London meant that the plane, a Boeing 777, used 22,000 gallons of fuel.

American Airlines: plane flies from US to London with 5 onboard
Friends of the Earth said it was 'obscene' to waste so much fuel flying an almost empty plane

It led to American Airlines being accused of reckless behaviour by green lobby groups.

The latest "eco- scandal" flight took place on February 9 after American was forced to cancel one of its four daily services from Chicago to London.

Another question of course is what this does to the airline industry...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
but if they cancel the pilots union will sue for money

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I wonder what this is going to do to the airline tickets in turn. five people on board a plane from chicago to london? I mean come on that plane should have been able to take more than five people, I mean its a boeing 777! I feel like I should make a vow to take my bike and skateboard with me everywhere even if it means going through this five inches of snow outside. At least I'll know I'm getting my dollars worth from work being spent on something cool like a PS3 or a Wii

Should we be working on free energy instead of this crude oild anyway?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
But wait amount lets say the usd is 2 to the uk pound, so that makes, nearly 3 uk pounds to the gallon or almost 6 bucks if ur in the usa. OK, but look at uk gas prices we must be at almost 8USD to the gallon if u were over here, yes its a scam, but what did the people in the uk do, watching the price rise, yep u got it nothing, they couldn't - ok a few truck drivers did a blockade or two but that didnt change anything. YOUR being cooked as they say, no pun intended, and there is nothing you can do about it, wont change a thing, take it or leave it, just the way we had to in the UK over these past few years. and ur right its a coporate thing, of course, but hey whats the alternative - either way they got u by the big ones, RIP USA, but then again englands long past its sell by date.
over and out comrades. dno

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hey man, gotta pay for this war somehow. Why not a hidden tax on a commodity that damn near everyone needs?

Beer is probably the logical choice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join