It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My intellectual Property has been Violated!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am seriously pissed off people. My ex wifes' husband is the one responsible for all these malicious attacks against my online accounts lately. He just "released" my photobucket account and my PodOmatic account back to me. AFTER destroying a podcast I had uploaded onto that site. That was WAY over the line people.

I understood making up the freaking wanted poster against me online, but what seriously ticked me off is holding my Photobucket and PodOmatic accounts hostage. Mutilating my PodOmatic page. Trying to hack my account on ATS is another one that I am convinced that this guy did.

I am seing red here people. Yes my podcasts suck ass I know that but to destroy someones artwork is unforgivable. I am so freaking mad.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Be patient. Don't get "mad", just "Get". Sounds like they have you by the short and curlies psychologically. Set some legal "goals". Collect data, organize, plan and execute. What's good for the goose... perhaps build some "sticky" honey-pots... lay a few defensive snares. Kick-back, feet-up and wait. When the time is "right", take no prisoners. Payback after a decade or so of delayed-gratification can have it's own "real-world" charms...

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 4-3-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sorry that happened, but one has to wonder, how did he get your account log in details?

What is there to learn from this? Change passwords often, perhaps.

Don't mean to sound smug. Hope this resolves with a minimum of further hassle.

My suggestion is to just blow this off. Is it really worth your time and aggravation?

Remember, we are controlled by those people whom we give the power to make us angry.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hey Whatukno, sounds like you've had it tough, maybe now you've got back your online accounts, you can get on with your life and put all this stuff behind you.
Sorry Kaminski but I dont agree, holding on to hate for that long will only destroy the person.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
My suggestion is to just blow this off. Is it really worth your time and aggravation?

Remember, we are controlled by those people whom we give the power to make us angry.

Very well said. While the temptation to pull a Kaminski on his arse would be great for anyone, I think Badge's advice is best. It's not the worst thing that could have happened. Let it slide, you'll be better off for it, imo. Certainly the better man in such a situation. No doubt.

Also, while I have no idea how to hack, or how one gets hacked for that matter, I'd try and figure it out and make some changes. Be glad your vulnerability was revealed on something trivial. Silver lining. Cloud. Maybe.

Be good.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm curious as to why this guy gave your accounts back to you?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I think Vic is being a bit sarcastic, or at least bombastic.

But let me tell you, I learned this lesson the hard way.

I used to ride the cycling path behind my house and after a year of hassling with dog walkers, passive-aggressive people, and other problems, I came to the point where it was no longer fun to ride. Each pedal stroke was with an accompanying anxiety about what hazard would be around the next bend. I had to learn how to ride 'silent' and 'stealthily' and not to be disturbed by ANYTHING, including violent dog attacks.

I used a lot of self-talk and other techniques but I realized it was still all external. I still was driven to fuming and ranting to myself at times.

Then one day a vicious dog came running at me. I calmly got off the bike and interposed it, the owner caught up and babbled some kind of half-wit justification to me.

I calmly remounted and rode off and instantly forgot about it.

Later I realized I had finally internalized the self talk, handled the incident without causing a rise of adrenaline or angst in myself and was able to enjoy the ride without ruminating on this assault.

It was a near-euphoric moment.

I still have problems. Yesterday, I rode into the parking lot to follow a guy who almost sideswiped me, but by the time I turned around, my anxiety was gone and I rode away. You have to keep up with this 'skill' or it kind of diminishes over time and lack of a challenge (I now ride only on the street, eschewing the bike path)

I think it's a lesson worth absorbing. Thanks for the kind comments, though.

2 cents.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I know I know forgive and forget. Yea how long do I have to forgive and forget before I just get sick and tired of being walked on! This guy hacked several of my accounts. Including this account here. He destroyed a podcast of mine (intellectual property) and basically has been making my life even more difficult than it had to be.

I think it's time for me to lawyer up. I am sick of the felonious assaults against me perpetrated by this guy.

How much do I have to take?

fragglesock apparently he gave back my accounts out of the good graces of his heart. Because I became compliant with child support.

[edit on 3/4/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What also pisses me off is the fact that this guy has posed as the owners of ATS!

Someone (maybe you) with an IP address of 24.164.31.239 has requested a new AboveTopSecret.com password. This request has been denied. We have noticed some suspicious activity related to your account. Please use the following link to sign into your account. A moderator will pm you shortly after we verify your IP address.

Then after talking to this guy for a while he writes:

Someone (maybe you) with an IP address of: 213.251.189.203 has requested that a new AboveTopSecret.com account be
generated for this email account. This request has been denied. We have
noticed ....bla bla bla

You should always check the ip of a email.

You got your account back because I gave it back to you.

This REALLY pissed me off! It should piss of the site owners of ATS as well. This guy hacked into my account HERE and changed the password, then "graciously" gave me back my account!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Wow, you violated a basic tenent of computer security.

I'd say you're lucky he didn't spoof your bank account administration.

Consider yourself lucky and learn from this.

Did he use the same method to get the image site password?

I think you've answered your own question wrt to the motive and child support.

I don't mean to come off as too didactic, but you can't really call yourself an innocent victim by your own admission.

A lawyer is going to laugh at a case like this and advise you to pay your child support and view any emails with precautions. Social engineering is not specifically illegal. Essentially you 'gave' him your password. You'd have to prove monetary damages. They'd just make a counter claim for child support (though I'm not a lawyer). It might not hurt to ask - the first session is usually free. I'd urge you not to allow yourself to be motivated by revenge - it's not going to free you from the situation, and is likely to cause you more grief. Cut your losses.

Sorry, man, but anger is not going to make things better.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
whatukno - can you read the original email and find the ip address that sent it to you? That way you can prove without a doubt its him. After you find the ip, do a internet search for "ip trace" and trace that ip. That should give you a geographic location and the evidence you need.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by fragglesock]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fragglesock

Though this is true, it's going to cost money to get this case off the ground. Is it worth $1000 bucks?

What if this pisses off the hacker guy and he hires a low-life to come to the guy's house and punch him in the nose? Next thing you know cops are involved and people go to jail.

2 cents.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fragglesock

Uh he outright admited that it was him. I have the emails I have the evidence.

Badge01: That I can deal with. Punch me in the nose and you will just anger me, stab me you piss me off, shoot me and it's all out war! I have had all three happen before. Physical violence while never the answer has never bothered me. I would actually rather this guy send some low life to my house than to do what he has done.

This guy has hacked my accounts, deleted my artwork, and made a mockery of what's left of my life!

Heck I know who this guy is after all, this is my ex wifes husband (or whatever) I know where he lives and I have his address.

[edit on 3/5/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It sounds like this guy took it too far by hacking your stuff, but it also seems like you may be blowing this out of proportion. So he hacked your pod & ats account, but what real harm came of it? I could see if he got your paypal account or bank info and went to town, but this is really small fries. Have you thought of just sending him a cease and desist to scare him?

On another hand, I'd be careful of threating this guy. If you sue and don't win, this guy could go after you for attorney fee, court costs, etc. On top of that, he could make whatever cs issue you currently have even worse. You should be the bigger man and let this go considering you will be dealing with this guy for a long time to come.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ok, one last try.

You certainly have ample reason to be angry.

However, do you relish continuing this? It will not lead to anything good.

What would really make you feel better? What about going to the guy's house and apologizing for missing child support and ask nicely for him to stop provoking you. Then shake hands. The upside is that then this will all be in the past.

You got essentially a free lesson in computer security. (keep in mind that in the strict sense, he did not 'hack' your account as in using a script to forcibly take your account, or installing a keylogger. He asked you for the passwords. He sounds capable of doing worse.)

People can only provoke you with your consent. By taking the bait you're allowing yourself to be 'played'.

As far as deleting your artwork, did you not upload the art from your PC to the service? This means you still have the originals. If not, just use the energy to create better artwork.

Take comfort in knowing that by blowing it off you're taking the intelligent path and not being ruled by your reptilian brain. Blow off steam by going for a run, or a bike ride. That's what I do.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I know what you are saying and a part of it is right. but no this guy did not ask for my password he hacked it. he hacked several sites. without my knowledge or approval.

So I should just forgive him and forget this happened just so it can happen again? What happens when he wants more from me?

I have apologized for missing child support. I have made it right with the state and therefore right with him (even though he has no connection with it, it's between me and my ex wife)

As far as my artwork goes, I don't keep it on my PC because they are large files and I want to keep as much space on my computer as possible. Say you create a painting. It might not be the best painting but it is yours that you created. Someone that does not like you comes and destroys that painting. Isn't your time and effort not worth anything? So your justification is, it's ok I can make more, but what about the original? Thats worth nothing? my work and effort is worth nothing? I can just make more? I guess the same would be true if someone destroyed a brilliant piece of artwork by an artist that is still alive. He can just make more its ok don't get mad.

Basically your saying my time and effort into creating something I feel is entertaining and original is a waste of time cause I can just create more. However there is a flaw in your logic. I cannot get the people that I contacted for pieces in that work back again. I don't know where they are. I cannot recreate what I made there cause it was unscripted for the most part. I thought that it was entertaining. But I guess I can make more cause I have the ability.

Yes I did plan to make more, but the problem is that intellectual property that I created and owned was destroyed by an outside person without my knowledge and without my consent. I never gave him my passwords nor did I say go ahead and destroy what I created.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So basically let this guy just step all over me thats it eh? I guess I should just take it up the tailpipe and say it's all good. I see.

So how much do I have to take before I should get mad?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I feel you on this, but bottom line as far as I can see is...

If you love the kid then let it go...

If it gets all freaky then you could screw any chance of seeing your child. What's more important?

MonKey

Not trying to be on a high horse, cos I'd be "bringing the pain" angry!!

Go out for a every thing's better after a

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What you do is rechannel the negative energy.

If you have squared things with the guy, and he's still 'hacking your accounts', then take precautions.

Change your passwords weekly, get a cheap 500gig USB drive and archive your work, and future podcasts. Check emails for IP addresses.

Go for a run. Think about how you wnat to kill, maim and destroy. Let the positive endorphins and hormones flow. Drive up the hill, and tire yourself out. After you run, think of how you feel. If you're still mad, run some more.

Even the most careful and intelligent person can get 'played'. THere's no shame in being gullible. Part of gullibility is openness and sensitivity, but the other part is being careful.

In order to hack your accounts the guy has to have some basic information. Create a new account, and name your future art with names that are not easily guessable.

I have a suspicion that the guy did not delete your artwork, but downloaded it first. I'd suggest you make one last try for making peace and ask if he has copies and if he will give them back to you. If he still persists in being a jerk, then inform him that addition attempts to play you will not work, because you will not be provoked.

Arm yourself with knowledge. Visit an attorney and ask what can be done. Perhaps a 'cease and desist' order (which really means nothing but looks impressive) would be appropriate. I assume a legal aid group could draw up something that looks good for under $100 bucks (a guess).

By showing that you are going to remain calm and unperturbed, (even though you might be seething under the surface) you disarm the guy of his most important weapon against you - your anger.

This does not mean you are accepting being played, or admitting that your anger is wrong. It's not. Imagine the power you'd have if you could learn to redirect all anger and disappointment into positive channels.

Get a big blank canvas and hurl paint at it for god's sake.

It's not easy. but what's the alternative? Call down a particle beam strike from space? (I'm kidding).

Take 'er easy.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You ever consider a restraining order. Go down to your court house and get the info, the papers, pay the fee and get it stamped and served.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join