It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Early Signs of Public Unrest and Social Chaos?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gools
I have always said that all of the efforts we see by governments to lay the groundwork for a police state and all of the conspiracies surrounding our increasingly controlled society are preparations for the time when as a society we reach our growth limit and the inevitable breakdown of the infinite economic growth paradigm. I've outlined my theories in this post and this post among many others. ...

With the prospect of severe economic hardship on the horizon, stories like Middle Class May Be Subject To Food Rations, Warns UN, oil at $104/barrel, gold over $980/ounce, disaffected youth fed up with the mess the Baby Boomer generation has made of things; and add to this the almost weekly mass murder/suicide acts occurring by people who are or have been recently medicated for depression (like todays shooting at a Wendy's in Florida?) and you have the beginnings of the kind of social unrest you read about in history books.

Whatever the underlying cause, I think we are seeing the early signs of severe social unrest leading to a "civil war" between the "haves" and "have nots" with the eventual imposition of a police state.

Stumbled on this thread today.

An interesting read in light of current events around St-Louis.

A bump is merited.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not liking what I see in the news the last few days one bit.

Looks like social unrest might be unleashing itself.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join