It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Early Signs of Public Unrest and Social Chaos?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
reply to post by chromatico

I wonder what the secret service would do under those circumstances?

Bush is out of touch with reality. Cheney even more so. I'm not sure how capable they are of realizing the futility of their aims.

What a battle that would be!

But seriously, the military will never turn their guns on the Commander-in-Chief. GWB still has some support, by the way.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
We live in a country where a great many of the population are crying because we are fighting a war in Iraq that has claimed a few thousand of our sons' lives. How will you then react to the taking of millions? Iraqi insurgents have threatened the US mainland and tortured our citizens, yet we have no stomach for continuing the war. How then, will you justify killing your neighbor to protect a loaf of bread?

Well said. Islamic extremists are not just a threat to this nation but to our entire culture. Their goal is to no less than destroy Western Culture. If we can’t stomach this one battle in Iraq then we may as well go curl up in a corner somewhere and die. Our enemy is unique in that it has no one nation and is so patient that it can wait generations to strike. We seem to only stick to a plan if it is less than 4 years.

Originally posted by TheRedneck
This, if we have the will to engage in it, will be a war of unheard-of proportions. You will not know who your enemy is until you are shot in the back. You will survive only by killing everyone around you, including those who would side with you, because you will not know the difference.

May we have the same lack of determination we have shown in the War on Terror. Only by being cowards will we survive, to serve in the coming world of serfdom.

TheRedneck

If the US falls into civil war then we will be wide open for invasion from China (who desire our land) and Islam (who want us to “convert or die”).

Redneck, I agree that a civil war here will not be between 2 sides, but rather neighbor against neighbor. It will be more like long-term civil unrest and riot. The ironic thing is that the “average Joe” who is struggling right now will be the most hurt by this. I know a lot of you here on ATS hate big corporations but these big corporations DO provide both goods and employment. Believe me, the rich CEOs will survive because they’ll fly to an island somewhere in their private jets, and we’ll be here fighting over the crumbs.

Question: Can anyone recommend a place (website) to get some concise advice and guidelines for preparing oneself for such an emergency? Best to prepare now while it is still possible to buy stuff.

Note: There may be severe food shortages. Is anyone considering gaining weight (fat) now to help during the “lean times?”

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think that the coming unrest will be a combination of economic and political. Food is becoming scarce already, the dollar faces hyperinflation, and just think of what would happen if Obama were to be assassinated. Hungry, wanting people who feel disenfranchised are capable of anything. A perfect prescription for the kind of chaos that predesigned change can be fashioned from.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

i dont really know if this aplies to this and somone might have already answered this but i was wondering if anyone had any hard information about the detainee camps that the government had contractors building around the country to house the rioting population if we were to have a mass uprising and civil unrest. i first heard of this on coast to coast am but there was never any information put out for me to be able to do any research of my own.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lots of people have deep seeded emotions on this subject, that is no real surprise though, right. Just be carful not to create fearmongering in discussing it... that could lead to panic by many over time.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The problem is, as I see it, that people may be dissatisfied with what we have now, but are smart enough to fear what might take its place in the aftermath of true rebellion, We have only to look at history to see that it is indeed quiet possible to be worse off after revelution, look at France for example, or rather what it was following the French revelution

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
I've also been reading that there've been food riots in 3rd world countries lately due to the rising cost of food. If ethanol production is used as a means of countering peak oil, than food rationing and resultant riots can only continue and grow in number.

The economic downturn is causing greater disatisfaction here in the US, as well.

I think people are also fed up with Bush and his agenda, and they're starting to get restive.

If, for example, the predictions of some sort of coup by Bush to stay in power were to occur, I think we would have violence here, too.

Economic crisis that are bad enough inevitably lead to war. Perhaps the economic crises are engineered to bring about war?

--------------------------------
The enslavement of American citizens into Gulags have long been on the drawing-board, all that was needed required a trigger or a fuse, and 9/11 was the perfect false-flag to implement this long awaited plot. The truth is always a bitter pill to swallow for many, but better to accept the reality and resist oppression than to be sold at the slave-auction for a miserable price.

Targeted Executions Of US Citizens

judicial-inc.biz...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Interesting that I should find this post! Last night I was trolling through the recent posts when a thought crossed me mind... "There's a 'shift' and a split coming if not already here..between the people and the government''"

What I thought of is exactally what happens when a company or Corporation have lost touch with it's employees. Much like what is happening with my own job. Down on the bottom level where all the work gets done and an desperate attempt to fix the problems found goes unheeded by upper management to get fixed. We 'see' all the problems but are totally powerless to do anything because it's not 'totally' up to us to provide the resources necessary to fix the problem. We can't write the checks to get the work done.

So what's happening..? Employees, Engineers mostly, are leaving: the very backbone of the company.

The analogy is, Gov is WAY out of touch with it's ppl. Management (Gov) is running it's 'own' agenda and pushing it with all force to get the 'product' shipped but, as the plan hit's the testfloor (gen. populace) there's isn't any tools to accomplish the tasks their asking for! Most of the man power is there, but what is really necessary is completely lacking.

The enviable will happen! Soon, people won't tolerate the price of management not listening to it's suggestions or solutions, and will go else where for employment! Thus, if the company's workers ALL walk out together, the company will have to shutdown....you'll never recover fast enough to recoup the loses of the customers you're now losing! Why? Customers have the right to do audits, when they see that half the company's manpower is gone and it will take that much or more to produce their product in a timely manner, they will go else where and quite possibly never return.

Solution? Toss the current system and start over with new management that are up to speed on management in 2008!

If the company doesn't care enough to at least listen.............it doesn't CARE AT ALL!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I keep seeing this kind of conversation everywhere I go on the web, not just on sites like ATS, but the off topic areas of sober sites. This kind of talk seems to have increased a lot lately, I put some of it down to the Ron Paul people flooding all the forums, but it seems more than just that.

That said, I don't think it will happen unless some really really serious wildcard gets played, of a magnitude of bush not stepping down (alhough I see this as unlikely even if there was another big terrorist attack), or a major collapse of the economy (seems more likely, but still far from assured)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The state of politics today reminds me of the Roman Empire, and tyrants like Nero and Caligula.

Rome's thirst for power

- Extended its armies across the globe
- Placed the people under a crushing debt burden
- Forced them to hire foreign soldiers
- Incorporated slavery as a source of labor and products
- Inflated taxes to enormous levels
- Devalued the currency of the empire
- Vital supporting infrastructure collapsed
- Revolts among the people

...and on and on...

...Until eventually the whole system just collapsed under the weight of its own ambition. The funny thing is that the "leaders" of this system saw no limits to their own power, and began thinking of themselves as divine, godlike, or in communication with gods.

Does any of this sound familiar?

* The United States has over 700 military bases in over 130 countries
* The direct debt to the federal reserve banks is $9.4 trillion, with $54 trillion in unfunded liabilities
* Efforts to hire soldiers from countries as small and obscure as Paraguay, and privatization of military has led the US to paying for hired mercenaries such as Blackwater, et. al.
* The US has a staggering trade deficit with China, a country whose labor force works for pennies an hour under conditions that would be considered criminal by any modern western nation.
* The combination of all federal, state, and local taxes Americans pay today is greater than what remains after taxation.
* The value of the American dollar is at an all-time historic low relative to other currencies, and falling.
* Bridges, schools, hospitals, and roads are in a deteriorating state in many parts of the country, and several recent examples exist of their catastrophic failure.
* Populations are reacting in frustration and anger against the systems in place today - banking, government, taxation, prices of energy and food, falling dollar values, and a general lack of concern or reaction to the grievances of the public.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
The rumours and testimony from credible soucres of undergrond facilities constructed for survival of the elite

All "surface dwellers" are going to have the last laugh when, without the "elite's" help, we shuffle off their tyranny, recover according to the laws of nature, re-establish organized society, and dump train-loads of concrete down their ventilation shafts.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Welcome to earth my fellow beings..... this will be a decade, hell a century to remember..... this will be when human beings denounce the means of a group of people who felt a need to keep their place in the world a permanent one. And how the people of this planet, saw that as a direct insult to the humane way of life... We are humans.... We are now, We are forever a tool of freewill. Let us keep that freewill an shove the oppression right up the rear end from which it came.....

the wall has been built.... we must bring it down.. on all the high end foolish physical ways of distraction...

It is becuz of all these people trying to make money that we as a people have forgotten why we are here..... We are here to be humans, creative, inventive, REASONABLE an Humane in nature..... Dont let the world take away your being... dont allow money an the horrendous means that it has brought about this great planet degrade your state of being,

think true, think free, think human!, and you shall be a part of the rebuilding of planet earth.

Its time for reconstruction........................

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by Tinhatman

I think most people realize that any revolution that "we the people" could pull off would not be like the French revolution. The peasants may have only had sticks and stones against the governments' firearms but todays peasants would only have sticks and stones against the governments' extremely high tech weaponry. Mind control, eternal surveillance, project blue beam. Even if a few folks had guns that hadn't been confiscated, it would still be no match against the HAARP project. I don't think we'll even have overwhelming numbers to aid us.

Please don't forget that all of these high-tech weapons are part of a large, complex infrastructure that require so many pieces to function that their very power makes them vulnerable.

Imagine if you will, all the people hired to maintain and operate these systems. What if they see that the giant machine they are helping to operate is not working for their benefit? Would anyone push a button to kill somebody if killing them meant destroying a lifestyle, or killing a brother, or poisoning the air we breathe or the land they call home?

Would anyone being paid to act in the name of tyranny do so when the order comes, knowing the extent to which obeying that order will eventually cause the soldier himself to suffer or die?

Would anyone watch all they hold dear and sacred be destroyed in the name of saving it?

If the economic system breaks down, the motives of survival will supersede any pretense of honor or loyalty to any political leader or system.

Not to mention the fact that it is becoming clear to everyone involved that those who take credit for the wonders of modern society deserve little to no credit at all.

IT IS THE PEOPLE who are the organizing force of all the great wealth, technologies and abundance to be found the world over.... not any forms of "government". Government is merely a leech, a middleman skimming profit off the top... burdening the shoulders of those who possess the talent and force to make the world what we want it to be.

Aside from all of this... never forget that so much of the structure that the "elites" have built are merely structures in our own minds. We may be taught or lead to believe that we are powerless, or bankrupt. But aren't concepts of power, or pretense of wealth really just ideas? Look at your hands.... look at the world around you! The sun still shines. The earth is still under your feet. USE THEM! They cannot take any of this away... not without the people's consent! We must understand that what we fear is a system that we are helping to support, every time we obey their unjust rules, every time we grant them authority, every time we pay our taxes.

Our belief of powerlessness is more potent an enemy than any evil they represent or weapon they've created.

Once you realize that the truth of the matter is 99% belief, 1% action you will see that their control over us is almost entirely in our own minds. Don't adopt their ideology, their propaganda, their brainwashing, their assertion that we cannot govern ourselves, justly.

* You are in debt to no man. ALL YOU SEE AROUND YOU IS GOD'S GIFT. It is only up to you to use it wisely. It belongs to no one.
* You lose nothing that you do not willingly surrender. Guard your will!
* Their power is merely that of lies. Believe nothing that evil men say to you, for it is their words and not their efforts that mankind finds itself in shackles.

What they want from the world operates on what people are repeatedly told. Spread the world. Tell them differently! We never need to be subordinate to other men. It is within each and every one of us to find the means for happiness and prosperity, irrelevant of anyone else's permission or doling out of supposed "wealth".

They bribe with what was stolen.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm starting to see reports of food riots in various places. Haiti and Egypt come first to mind and it seems like I read about food riots somewhere in Asia as well. There was the Indepedent Trucker slowdown here in the states earlier this month. Soft commodities (wheat, corn, soybean, rice, and sugar) have all been on a tear lately. So much that commodities exchanges increased margin requirements to slow down the rise. I've also read in multiple places that world grain supplies are at a near 50 yr low. Any crop failures this year have the possibillity of an outsized affect on the prices of those crops due to limited supply. I'd think that most countries that are net importers of food will see disturbances first, followed by producing countries that are facing large price increases that outpace wage growth (anecdotally, went to Kroger yesterday and notice that almost everything is going up almost weekly).

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

If Bush tried to order the troops to institute martial law...I think the troops would just turn the guns on him instead. The man has no support left!

You need to read up on some history there...no way that would ever happen. If Bush ordered U.S. troops to patrol american streets and detain citizens...they would. That won't happen either though...it would likely be U.N. soldiers...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I thought of this thread when I read this: Teens Rampage in Philadelphia

I bet we could find hundreds more examples in recent news reports of things degenerating into social chaos and unrest.

I fear there is a time bomb waiting to go off.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Certainly, from a British perspective, I have seen this coming for the last ten years (since my very early 20's).

The difference between the classes is quite distinct in the UK. We have slums of council housing, then middle class (equivalent to U.S. suburbs), then upper class.

People have made do in the past, helped by the separation of groups. Even in modern cities in the UK there are distinct areas where lower cost council housing becomes a focus for "ghettos", full of young single mothers, others for families on benefits, whole areas dedicated to ethnic groups even.
It seems to have been planned that way; to keep the riff-raff away from the manicured lawns of the moderately wealthy.

I think it came to a significant point at the G20 protests, people saw the action going on in London against the banks and the vast majority felt no shame for our people, and no anger toward those vandalising. I fully understood their actions, and I fully expected it.
The elite of London took a hit, and a deserved one at that.

But it also woke a sleeping anger in the British people in general, one now seen in greater effect due to the expenses scandal going on for a while.

Quite frankly, the class war has begun.

People have had enough of the inequality in this country.

What this means for the future is anyone's guess. But I hope it will mean a fairer and more moderate society in general, with those in senior positions being paid a fair sum for a fair days work.
No more insane pay for sitting in an office and pushing a pen.
No more MP's cashing in in every way possible at the expense of the public.

Maybe now such positions of esteem will be open to those who truly desire to do things for the right reasons, instead of for personal gain.

I fully expect to see riots across this country if the MP's who have broken the law are not brought to face charges and given proper punishment.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
But it also woke a sleeping anger in the British people in general, one now seen in greater effect due to the expenses scandal going on for a while.

Quite frankly, the class war has begun.

Agreed. The fact that there seems to be absolutely no accountability for anything in some circles is what causes the seething anger from those who are being oppressed with more and more regulation, taxation and surveillance.

While the "class war" is not to the point of a "hot war" at this moment, I fully expect it to become one in the near future. I don't know what the spark will be but the powder keg is filled to the brim and dry as a desert.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think the spark might well be when the gov goes broke and the checks being sent to the urban poor cease. There are a whole lot of people who have existed off of gov largess for generations and know only taking from others as a means of survival. This is being done on purpose IMO. The servants of the god of this world who run this world want us worried about each other so we’ll leave them alone. They constantly seek to aggravate any differences between people. They are behind the KKK, La Rasa, etc. It’s divide and conquer and it’s time we all woke up to their game and turned our attention to the real enemy: The globalist-socialist moneychangers and their political minions.

We should also be careful not to fall for the inevitable attempts at derailment and leading astray that the globalists will attempt. There’s an agent provocateur in every movement, attempting to guide it in the direction that the big money wants. Anarchist groups are particularly to be watched for this IMO. Think long and hard about any action you take, and who it will benefit. I’m reminded of the military recruiter who was killed recently, just after a couple of scandals came out about recruiters using under age females as bait. Don’t be a stooge for a psy-op.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
an example of organization. just to make u a little more restless www.youtube.com...

love you guys
get free
dan k

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join