It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Survivalist Movement - Any Details?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hello all,

I've never been too big here on the survival forum, but was wondering what you guys think of this: www.spacegnomerecords.com...

Would you be willing to escape everything and join them? Perhaps somebody has more knowledge?

Think it's safe to register for their mailing list?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Interesting reading, but I think this is actually some kind of whacked out publicity stunt for an "underground" hip hop group. Or perhaps the hiphop group is a cover for the underground movement? I dunno, maybe Occum's Razor doesn't apply here...

Or maybe my Google search just mislead me. I don't think this is a real movement though. I'll do a little more searching and see what I can find...

Edited to add this:

Um, according to www.originsmusic.com..., the band is real, (called Resident Anti-Hero), and they are the "artistic vanguard" of "the movement". Perhaps it's all real. I dunno if I'd try to get more info about the movement through their record label though... Kinda...strange. Give them your email addy and you'll forever be receiving emails from them trying to sell you their latest crap album. (I don't know if it's really crap...)

They do say this: "All proceeds received by the band and it's members go directly to The Anti-Hero Underground." They're so sweet.

They honestly almost had me convinced by their story until they said this: "Government cyborgs, working in tandem with military and law enforcement, have declared war on The Anti-Hero Underground."

The things people will do to sell their latest album and make ends meat...

[edit on 2/3/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti_

I think it is a hoax.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, they are on to the government cyborgs trying to kill them, so at least that is one trustworthy thing about them.

Then you have the little fact that they are really just trying to sell you hip-hop albums to contend with.

Of course, they are probably real "survivalists."

As to your question, when it is ever a good idea to put your name on any list? Never been much of a "joiner" myself.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
They do say this: "All proceeds received by the band and it's members go directly to The Anti-Hero Underground." They're so sweet.

Well of course. The Anti-Hero Underground is them.

PS: Checking out some of their links, good stuff in there.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
OK, sorry for the third post in a row but after listening to their music on their myspace page I have to say I respect what they are doing.

First hip-hop music I have ever liked, I may even muy an album

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The Anti-Hero Underground is a vast network of militant survivalists

True survivalist are not Militants.

It has all the appearances and smell of a big whappin pile of dung. A cry to bring attention to a band. I gotta call the BS card on this one.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
True survivalist are not Militants.

How do you define a "true survivalist" then?

Must you be white, fat, bald, and drive a pickup to be a survivalists?

Do true survivalists all have mullets?

Are they city dwellers who own a generator?

Are true survivalists liberal or conservative? Are they green or libertarian?

Are they black or white?

Are they country or urban?

Are they hippie or militant?

Is it that the stereotypical white conservative para military survivalists aren’t "true survivalists" or is it just that you don’t wish to be labeled as such and therefore don’t want to be associated with them?

Do you just wish that, as a rule, true survivalists weren’t militant?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
after listening to their music on their myspace page I have to say I respect what they are doing.

First hip-hop music I have ever liked, I may even muy an album

Can't say I enjoyed their music, but I will admit their lyrics are quite intriguing and they seem to have a great message. I wonder if the movement is real? OH NO!!!! Must...fight...the corporate...powers...that be!!! I know I'M not buying an album.

I wonder if the OP is affiliated with Space Gnome Records?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Oh gee glad you asked in such a polite way.
Militants go looking for trouble. Survivalist go in the opposite direction.

if you go looking for trouble your looking to get killed. how is getting killed surviving.

As for being labeled as a militant you can label me what ever you like you know nothing about me so as the Doc said

Too much ego, not enough info. Oh yeah, that's why I keep drifting away from this place.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

if you go looking for trouble your looking to get killed. how is getting killed surviving....

So much hostility in this thread all of a sudden! And I find it somewhat ironic that you made the above statement yet have the phrase, "invading your happy place" in your mini-profile... But I digress, and am not defending either of the sides of this...thing. I didn't mean to enter a conversation I was not invited into.

Back to the subject at hand, I find it interesting, and ironic, that a couple of guys who think machines are our enemy and are completely against consumerism have.....

.....DUN DUN DUN.......

....such a fancy shmancy MySpace page.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

if you go looking for trouble your looking to get killed. how is getting killed surviving.

Hey, great point. Hadnt thought of it that way, thanks. You are right, and I was wrong.

There is nothing survivalist about picking fights with those who wish you not to survive.

As for being labeled as a militant you can label me what ever you like

I didnt label you anything. Where did I call you militant?

you know nothing about me so as the Doc said

Ahhh, hero worship.

So now you have issue with things I say beacuse the Dr. does?

Look, like I told the Dr., you can drift away if that is what you want to do, happy drifting!

You will me missed by many, me included.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
So.....back on topic now:

Does anyone have any links or know of any references to this elusive "Anti-Hero Underground Movement"? It seems somewhat improbable to me that this hip hop duo simply fabricated the whole story. Although, I must admit the whole "government cyborgs" thing kind of turned me off. I can't seem to find a single other reference to this movement on the internet, though.

Perhaps cross-referencing the dates of the "historic" events of the movement with actual events in the same geographic areas will bring to light some revelations of possible non-coincidental similarities with media-advertised events.

Anyone up for a needle-in-a-haystack search for media-advertised events consistent with the "history" of this movement given to us by this little-known hip hop duo?

*sigh* I suppose when I have some more time I may have to do it myself. The whole thing seems pretty ridiculous, but I suppose I've heard of stranger things than hip hop duos being the front-men for a top secret underground movement to destroy the Machine and it's cyborg slaves.

(They seem to have some of the same ideas as Theodore Kaczinski aka the UNABOMBER. I wonder how extremist this group is, if they really exist...)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think this is a real movement. Its very real. But there are also a lot of people who live off grid peacefully as well, I wouldn't exactly say all of them are waiting for the fall of the government, which is why they are out there in the first place.

as for is it safe to join their mailing list? who knows, it depends on if you think they are going to come get you for being a home grown terrorist.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sorry for the long response time.

No, I'm not affiliated with the movement in any way; I just found a link online. Thumbs up for another potential conspiracy though

On a more serious note, it is true that their music makes it sound like they know what they're talking about. In all honesty I've never been big on modern music so I can't judge how good it is, but I would be surprised if the whole thing was a hoax.

About the "government cyborgs", I'd imagine they're simply exaggerating society's relience on technology such as communication devices and GPS' in their cars. The cyborgs, should they exist at all, are probably just standard-fare law enforcement.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Greetings. I am one half of Resident Anti-Hero, and an active member of the Anti-Hero Underground. I came across this series of posts today while doing some online research. I thought I would offer some clarification, despite the fact that I am aware there is no way to confirm that I am who I say I am...

Yes, The Anti-Hero Underground is a real movement. And Yes, the webpages and information provided are also, in some way, propaganda designed to attract new members and raise money (sell CD's). We use the money we have for expanding our promotional campaigns in an effort to spread the message. We also use the money to help organize skill shares focused on survival tactics and techniques. Regardless of whether or not we want to be a part of a capitalist economy, at this point in time, we are, and we are trying to use this a resource (just like using myspace or websites as a resource despite its apparent contradiction) to raise awareness around the world.

The Anti-Hero Underground is a network of individuals and small communities. Some living on the grid preparing to move off the grid, some living off the grid already, and some (such as Resident Anti-Hero) are members who live on the grid and devote their time and energy to raising awareness and recruiting participants. We use creativity and music as a means to spread the message because music is a universal language and activity that all communities and people are attracted to and open to.

We use metaphor as a tool to strengthen the content. Such as, Government Cyborgs. It seems some of you are stuck on taking everything so literally that your forgot the underlying point. We use Government Cyborgs and Machine Culture for metaphor pertaining to the dominant paradigm and culture at hand. No, there likely aren't Star Trek Cyborgs out there, but whats the difference between that and a military/police force that can use technology to hear through walls, vaporize humans, fire weapons and missiles with computers as well as guide the munitions to their target, see in the dark, etc, etc, etc. Metaphor and Symbol is a powerful weapon used everyday by our enemies, and most of its victims don't even realize it. We do, and we are working at using this weapon as a counterstrike.

Militancy. I noticed some negative reactions to the concept of being militant. Being a pacifist is what the enemy wants you to be. They have systematically trained us as members of this culture to be just that, pacifists. We remain passive in times of great oppression. The idea that a 'survivalist' turns his back and goes the other direction from violence in order to survive is ridiculous, especially in this day and age. A survivalist thinks in terms of sustainability of the community, not in sustainability of the individual. Just because you can lengthen your life for a few years when not fighting oppression does not make you a survivalist. Understanding how to protect, defend, and strengthen your community is what survivalism is about. And thinking in long term about the way your community lives (such as not killing the planet for short term luxury) is what survivalism is about. If some kicks down your front door and starts raping a family member do you turn and run out the back door to maintain your health, or do you risk your life and kill the intruder. We are being oppressed, violently, everyday, and being a militant survivalist means understanding the military tactics being used against us and using the knowledge to defend our keep, and to turn the tactics back against our enemies as an offensive. It doesn't mean senseless violence. It means organized violence. Using organized warfare to engage the enemy in the battle you are already a part of whether you like it or not.

I think that about addresses everything brought up throughout these postings. We are real. We are out there, and we are among you. We remain elusive as we feel it is necessary for our survival.

Anti-Hero

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Cavescout I took from your post that you were painting me in the same light as a militant I obviously miss understood. for that I am sorry. you know from reading my post it is never my intention to offend but If attacked I will lash out. I had felt I was attacked.

Ahhh, hero worship.

So now you have issue with things I say beacuse the Dr. does?

Look, like I told the Dr., you can drift away if that is what you want to do, happy drifting!

You will me missed by many, me included.

I think you confuse respect for hero worship. My only hero's are my mother and my wife. I chose to use the doctors words because they were what I wanted to say. why re-invent the wheel when you don't have to.

As for residentantihero I will reply to your post latter after I have had time to shovel the big whopping pile of crud you dumped onto all of our computers.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

After several years of isolated and sustainable living, government agents came upon the community during an experimental training exercise. In the brief skirmish that followed, several of the Anti-Heroes were killed. The remaining survivors fled deeper into the woods, evading capture. Presumed wounded, dead or dying, the survivors of the Elwha River skirmish were discarded, minimally cited in the government database as ‘derelict humanoids' occupying a ‘rogue settlement'.
Although the government viewed the skirmish as an isolated incident of little or no significance, it was in fact the turning point for the Anti-Hero Movement, at which, the survivors of the Elwha River Skirmish became more organized and militant; shifting their focus from that of isolation to confrontation with the forces that oppressed them. The Anti-Hero Underground was formed.

Can anyone provide a reliable source stating that this skirmish on the Olympic Peninsula, near the Elwha River basin actually occured?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by residentantihero

Very interesting reply, though you're right that we have no way to verify that you are who you say you are. You're timing seems a little coincidental, but that could be nothing. You're post seemed legitimate enough for me to say I'm leaning towards believing you are who you say you are. I have to admit I'm very interested in your movement. I'm trying to live off the grid right now but finding it somewhat difficult. Perhaps I could get some help from the movement...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Like an3rkist, I'm very interested in what you're saying. You say the site is "propaganda" to attract new members. How exactly does that sort of thing work? Assuming you're located primarily in the backwoods of Washington, how does that process go?

Please, continue. This seems incredibly... incredible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join