It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimension shift when you "change" a deja vu??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
this doesn't sound crazy at all to me. I have these predicting dreams (deja vu would be the RESULT of the dreams coming to fruition) ALL of the time. Going way back to the most vivid one...

first the back story. at the time of the dream my brother had a 87 fiero (this was in 92-94) which he drove to school and wherever everyday. I had just completed the 5th grade and this dream came at the end of the summer (so I had NEVER been on the road we were traveling) which I would be starting my 6th grade year (and going to a new school). My brothers Fiero blew up about a week after this dream, and a 89 model firebird was brought home for him to drive.

So now for the dream. I remember riding in a car with my brother (he still had the fiero at the time of the dream) but it didn't look anything like his car. I could hear music in my head, and looked down at my cassette deck in the dream. My brother came to a stop at a T intersection (just a stop sign on a back country road) which he started to turn through... thats when the bus came flying around the corner and totaled my brothers car. I watched him die in that dream.

So about 4 weeks into my 6th grade year, i had kept the thought in the back of my mind (because it was SOOOO vivid)... I missed my bus and had to get a ride to school with my brother. we were heading down peytonsville rd (in Franklin TN) and came to a stop at Arno road. My brother was about to turn into traffic when I heard the same song I heard in my dream (on my cassette player my parents had just bought me) and I yelled at my Brother "STOP!!!" he argued with me about it for about 6 seconds... until the school bus came flying by us.

He just looked at me shocked... He asked me later if I saw the bus... and I told him about the dream... He said it was weird because he remembered all the other dreams I had had over the years(of some of our pets dying, being at my grandfathers funeral etc...) it basically became a fact in my family that we don't talk about. And it also seems to have subsided either due to clouding my memory in my high school years, or because I started to get older...

Coven

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have had this very same thing happen, but I am always very leery of it as well. About 4 years ago I had a seizure, but after that I started having what they called partial absent seizures. In those partial absent seizures I had this strong deja vue feeling much as you describe and would get slightly woozy, misplaced feeling. I don't have seizures anymore, but when I have what I call my dream deja vues I have to stop a minute and make sure I am not having a seizure.

I have always had intense dreams that years later come true. When I was just a kid, maybe 10ish, I had a dream that I was holding this little baby and it was like I had known him forever, I even knew his name in my dream. Then years and years later after I was married I found myself sitting on my couch holding this little baby and I was flooded with that feeling of 'oh hey, this was my dream'. Now in my dream I was holding him, singing quietly to him and the doorbell rang. I got up and answered it and it was one of those JW ladies that would come around. In real life however I ignored the door bell because I was holding my 'almost' baby and slightly overcome with the deja vue feeling.(for those who have kids, you know that 'don't move a muscle, they are almost asleep mode a new parent can get in with a newborn' LOL) The people went away and I looked out the window, it was or rather it looked like JW solicitors. I had a slightly dizzy sick feeling for a while after that.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OH man i did it again! Again that dizzy feeling.
And now the people around me are more fu..ed up then before. god danm its like i reached level 2 of World of fu..ed up. I wanna go home! Hello?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Devilnitro28

I have had these dreams many times. Usually when I have them the deja vu only lasts for a couple of seconds. Usually only long enough for me to realize, Hey I dreamt this! Then it's gone. I think these are just like "Stop Signs" built into your life to let you know that you are on the right track for your learning lessons, purpose, and life! I don't think you are crazy about this at all. Very normal.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
OP, sounds to me as if you are a clairvoyant dreamer and having conscious memory of your dream time. I cannot say if it actually shifts your dimensional reality into the vast strings of the multiverse, but hey, maybe, just maybe.

I know exactly what you mean, in my case I think I had a precognitive dream,many years ago, In fact I was most definite that I did by following circumstances that I could not have known. I decided on a different path and now wonder if I forced myself into another dimension. I was just thinking about this the other night, asking myself "did I change it because I wanted to prove my freewill, Or did simply seeing the future change it?" Obviously others have seen things and they stayed on the same route, while, others like me must have decided we would rebel, just because we felt like it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I get this to, but no where near as much as when i was younger!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rexpop

Rexpop writes, "This is such a fascinating subject, I'd love to try and figure out what it all is! "

I know this thread is super old, but since there were no theories... here is my theory on why Deja Vu happens. Yes, this is my theory. Time is linear for each person. But, each person's time string does not sit in a straight line. It curves and rolls and spirals like a string would if you dropped it onto a table. There are times when the time string almost overlaps and touches a previous section of time string. When a string gets close enough to a previous time string, our future and past selves get close enough to exchange memories. This memory imprints momentarily (30 seconds to 1 minute) like a ghost on an old analog TV screen that's there and then gone. When you're asleep and one of the string's curl comes close to overlapping future and past events together, you'll be thrust into a dream about that future event as an imprint.

When the future comes in real life, you've already experienced the event because you experienced it in the dream state kind of like watching your life on a TV screen. Now, that doesn't mean your future event will play out identically. Because the human experience is full of decision gates, you can choose to change your vision or let it play out exactly. Just because you saw it one way in your dream doesn't mean you will experience the exact scenario play out in the future. However, you will still experience enough of the familiarity to trigger the closing Deja Vu.

Note, the strings can curl over at 5 minutes, 2 days, 3 years or 20 years apart intervals. In other words, the time periods between the two Deja Vu points can be random. Yes, you'll always have two Deja Vu events. One at the beginning that opens it and one that closes it. I've had both waking and sleeping Deja Vu openers and only waking Deja Vu closers. My Deja Vu events have gotten farther and farther apart the older I've gotten. I believe that has to do with the way time is perceived as a human and the length of the string.

When you're young, time is perceived to move very slowly. As you age, time is perceived to move faster and faster. So, one minute when you're aged 6 seems to last like 5 minutes. However, when you're 56, 1 minute seems to last about 25 seconds or less. I believe this time speed perception may affect the ability to have Deja Vu events. I also believe that when you're young, you tend to have many more openers because the time string is much longer offering more chance of overlap with the future. When you're older, the time string to the end is shorter offering less chance of having a future overlap.

So, that's my theory.
edit on 26-5-2017 by commorancy because: Editing for clarity

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: commorancy

Damn, that's actually well-thought out. If people really are individually anchored to their own strip/string of linear time, this makes an awful lot of sense concerning deja vu.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join