It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Steve Fossett Find a Path to Another Dimension

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
4D Hypercube

The hypercube is a four-dimensional object in which each of the “faces” is actually a cube (much the same way that in a three-dimensional cube each face is a square, and in a two-dimensional square each face is a line). There are a plethora of mathematical features of the hypercube: for example, a line has 2 vertices, a square has 4, a cube has 8, and the hypercube has 16, illustrating the fact that an n-dimensional “square” has 2n vertices.

Here is another one...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Ok then where is his plane? If it's just another thing that happened like the others and they found other planes then where is his? Come harder on your next argument.

Why is it easier for some people to believe a claim that Mr. Fossett traveled to the 4th dimension(or any other theory for that matter) than comprehending that planes do crash, and go missing, and cannot be found in remote areas easily.

Take this case for example:
www.pr-inside.com...

65 years missing, though a farmer had known where it was for more than 30 years.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
As much as I would want to believe this version of what happened and as fantastic as the story is being protrayed, I would realistically chalk this disappearance up to one of two things.

A.) This gentleman had a need and/or desire to fall off the face of the Earth. When you are a wealthy man such as he, faking your own demise and starting new elsewhere is not such a difficult thing to do. All it takes is a little money and a couple of connections and just like that you are somebody completely new.

or

B.) He is a billionaire with an eccentric type of personality who is hiding out somewhere as we speak plotting his next move in an attempt to stage the biggest hoax since Orson Wells went on the air waves warning of little green men who were landing all around the world.

But wow, I would sure love it if my theories are proven wrong. Im not holding my breath on this one, but it is pretty cool to consider. Im sure people mocked Christopher Colombus and pointed and jeered when he spoke of a round shaped Earth just like a person alive during the depression era would have done after being told that within fifty years there would be men walking on the moon. Hell, I guess what Im saying is anything is possible.

Flagged and a star...if for no other purpose than entertainment value and "what if" factor

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That hypercube concept is awesome, with our understanding of dimensions and the way of mathmatical principles the theory makes perfect sense. Awesome post I think I wanna get to the 4th dimension too, although not sure how my mass would survive there: evolve?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Ive read that analogy and many more, but none actually explain how one would perceive the illusive fourth dimension. Outside of mathematical principals and equations, I have yet to find any quantifiable examples of the 4th dimension in play, which leads me to believe, if we are supposed to be passing into this "4th dimension" its horribly mislabeled; or the human mind simply lacks the ability to describe it.

reply to post by zorgon

Ya I understand the mathematical theory (as best as I can) behind dimensional transitions, but I'm not looking for a tesseract or an equation, I am looking for someone to actually describe what this 4th dimension is supposed to be like.

Overall, i believe the term is being thrown around with little thought put into it. A different level of consciousness; sure, a new paradigm of thought, sure; the fourth dimension as expressed in Einsteinian terminology, doubtful.

Originally posted by Lokey13
That hypercube concept is awesome, with our understanding of dimensions and the way of mathmatical principles the theory makes perfect sense.

Well then can you explain it to us of lesser mathematical intellect? Break down which expressions and equations for me and explain how they would translate into the 5 senses, or how the 4th dimension would alter those senses, or how it would rid us of the need for such senses, etc etc etc...

This theory makes as much sense as a moose with a hat.

Awesome post I think I wanna get to the 4th dimension too, although not sure how my mass would survive there: evolve?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Sorry InSpiteOf I can't do anything more for your perception of the 4th dimension as it is only mathmatically possible ergo a concept.

This theory makes as much sense as a moose with a hat.

However I think it's prudent to point out that a moose in a hat is not nonsense to everybody

www.coolabah.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Sorry InSpiteOf I can't do anything more for your perception of the 4th dimension as it is only mathmatically possible ergo a concept.

I guess thats the crux of my confusion. How can you enter a dimension that does not alter your perception of reality? How can you enter a mathematical equation?

However I think it's prudent to point out that a moose in a hat is not nonsense to everybody

Funny picture aside, how can it make sense to some people if those same people cannot explain it?

BTW, just because a moose CAN wear a hat, doesnt mean it SHOULD

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Funny picture aside, how can it make sense to some people if those same people cannot explain it?

Aw..heck looking at your registration date I would of thought you would have the answer to that by now.

There are people who want to believe in something with the scantiest of facts and I will not condemn them for it, frankly I think this 4th dimension has more going for it than a lot of other theories that crop up here.

You could of course argue with them until you are blue in the face but what is the point, personal satisfaction, defend the integrity of logic and common sense, I say live and let live and just be happy with your own integrity.

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13Awesome post I think I wanna get to the 4th dimension too,

As far as I know we already exist there... we are just not aware of it... but this I have not yet pursued enough to discuss...

The concept of the hypercube is a way to illustrate a 4 D object in 3D the same we we can draw a representation of a 3D cube on a 2D piece of paper...

However when talking of 'Other Dimensions" many times the reference is to another place like the Astral Plane, or a parallel space/time...

The word dimensions can mean many things so its not that simple...

Here are a few samples from a google search "Other Dimensions"

Voyaging To Other Dimensions
by Dr. Bruce Goldberg
www.drbrucegoldberg.com...

Imagining Other Dimensions
by Rick Groleau
NOVA

Miniature Black Holes May Open Window to Other Dimension
By GAIL BROWN
www.ia.ucsb.edu...

This one says it best... and explains why the lay person might use 'another dimension"

Other dimensions

While technically incorrect, and looked down upon by hard science-fiction fans and authors, the idea of another “dimension” has become synonymous with the term “parallel universe”. The usage is particularly common in movies, television and comic books and much less so in modern prose science fiction.

en.wikipedia.org...(fiction)#Other_dimensions

Photos of Parallel Dimensions
www.ghostweb.com...

SCIENTIST AT WORK -- Maria Spiropulu; Other Dimensions? She's in Pursuit

The C.D.F., as it is called, was perhaps the most exquisite and expensive stopwatch ever built. Dr. Spiropulu was hoping to use it to time not the flight of flapping little cousins, but the flight of particles going right out of this world altogether, disappearing into another dimension, like a billiard ball popping straight up off the table or the phantom voices conjured by 19th-century mediums.

The discovery would confirm some of the boldest and most far-reaching theories in physics, which imply that nature has 10 or 11 dimensions, not the 3 of space and 1 of time that frame our normal experience.

query.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Ya I understand the mathematical theory (as best as I can) behind dimensional transitions, but I'm not looking for a tesseract or an equation,...

Overall, i believe the term is being thrown around with little thought put into it. A different level of consciousness; sure, a new paradigm of thought, sure; the fourth dimension as expressed in Einsteinian terminology, doubtful.

Well then can you explain it to us of lesser mathematical intellect? Break down which expressions and equations for me and explain...

Ummm okay....

[edit on 1-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Quick questions:

1.Where in the Nevada desert did he crash? What were his cooridinance before going down?

2.What were his senses telling him of what was happening?

3.Did the man age at all?

Obliged if people can answer these (thank you).

Or a link to his scenario all of it, I might be able to help with this if I have all his valid points of the layer he was in.

There are points in existance that are used for travel by other people, to find this would take some random act of god, or traveling with lightspeed in the heart. You would really have to disect your three dimensional reality to be located into something like this.

Yes it is possible to be in another world, but it takes time to build that acute awareness up to sustain in it.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I'm not completely positive about the mathematics of this concept, except for the fact of the doubling between lesser dimensions such as line-2 verticies, square-4, cube-8, so if we're continueing on the same "line" the next step would be a 16 sided object. An I'm guessing that with our senses that everything would be doubled as well, possibly that we gain better perception of our surroundings. For example I may be able to feel the magnetic pull of our planet, which I can't necessarily feel now and I don't mean gravity. Maybe a heightened ability of the mind would be available as well, flight, mind reading, I suppose the possibilities are endless but too bad I have no proof. I am although going to read a bit into it I'll report back when I come up with anything.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21

Originally posted by jpm1602His light plane and his watch had gps.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by jpm1602]

being a stickler.

his wife as stated he did not wear the watch that day unfortunately.

this is the watch he would have had

[I was at the Reno Air Races in Septmeber last year, according to official reports, Steve did not have his all singing and dancing watch with him at the time of his disappearance.]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You want to test his story, this is the way to do it.

1.Go get his bloodwork done check to see how big 'the immune system' is when I have traveled into different layers of our world and vanished from the three dimensional world, my immune system was three times above normal. What happens is your bodies cells acclimate more light into the genetic makeup of the body. In doing so, you envelope in the world you are aligning with.

Spiritual Experiences, outside our timeframe usually raises your IMMUNE SYSTEM BIG TIME.

That much time spent in another dimension, that guys IMMUNE SYSTEM should be off the chart, no ends, or buts about it.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by menguard]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Ed Dames knows where Fosset is. If only people would believe this guy.

More added to keep the message long enough.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by spikedmilk

There's. No. Evidence. For. Any. Of. This.

It's not an interesting theory, it's a baseless hypothesis founded on wishful thinking and damned all else. If you think this is interesting, then you're clutching at straws. The only thing interesting in this debate is the fact people are so unwilling to consider the obvious facts and instead go with Aliens/wormholes/time travel/conspiracy rubbish.

[edit on 29/2/08 by dave420]

If your not interested in aliens/wormholes/time travel/conspiracy rubbish,
then what the hell are you doing here? Why subscribe to this site just to ridicule it?

Please please leave. This place would be better off without people like you here.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Tetraspace concepts were something i researched lightly about 3 years ago.

I have two links that i highly recommend:

tetraspace.alkaline.org...

The universe that we live in has only three spatial dimensions. We are limited to length, width, and height, and we can only travel along three perpendicular paths. This page attempts to explain the properties of a hypothetical universe with a spatial fourth dimension. While people generally call time the 4th dimension in the universe we live in, time will be the 5th dimension in my hypothetical universe.

Many fascinating possibilities exist when a spatial fourth dimension is present. Several types of wheels are possible, very complex machines can be built, and many more shapes are possible. Objects can pass by each other more easily, but they are harder to break into multiple pieces. Energy reduces much faster with distance than in the 3rd dimension, so both light and sound are weaker. Much more things can be compacted into a small space, but its much easier to get lost.

And, the most important link:

www.tenthdimension.com...

I cannot recommend the above link enough. It should be required material before posting informaiton on multidimensional concepts.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
think of the fourth dimension in these terms

you have an (x,y) coordinate plane; place a dot in a proper field;

after you have placed a dot in the (x,y) field imagine that dot being connected to "itself" outside of the parameters of the (x,y) field (itself) originally was placed.

lets call the dot originally placed 1 ; so 1 is placed in the vicinity of (x,y) and is conjoined outside of the parameters of its field by a new point we will label "i": for imaginary (sense i said imagine).

how would a person go through a real place to end up in an imiginary location is beyond me and seems plausible.

plausible in the sense that if the quadratic equation be true and algebra also true as well as mans observation of its own consciousness; not included in its calculations: be also the case:

then it is alo mathmatically possible to "warp" point 1 throughout the entire field of possibilities on the (x,y) plane. the means to do such under todays comprehension of knowledge is magic.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Ausar]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i do have a contention with multidimensional physics and that is fractional based thoughts implied on the template of such;

fractional based multidimensions such as an 11th dimension does not exist in the guise one over one equal;

one over two equal to 2 over one would make fractional based multidimensions like 11th dimension possible according to my awareness

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Hi menguard,

1.Where in the Nevada desert did he crash? What were his cooridinance before going down?

2.What were his senses telling him of what was happening?

3.Did the man age at all?

Well exact co-ordinates may be hard to find, afterall that was the reason for the search.

I don't know if these numbers mean anything to you: 38.448715,-119.427567 , they come directly from Google Earth instructions & Coordinates to Help Find Steve Fossett Here

I am sorry I would not know what his senses were telling him of what was happening.

I have not heard any stories of excessive ageing but than again I have not looked for any.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join