It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US president know what is going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am not just talking Mr. Bush but anyone who sits in the chair. As a person who may have seen too many movies, I am just curious as to how much the president or for that matter any of the world leaders actually know.

My scenario:

Congratulations Mr./Mrs. President and welcome to the Whitehouse. Here is the boarding pass to Airforce 1, the key to the “special bathroom”, Oh, and by the way, here is all the info you need to know about area 51 and all the secret sub agencies that “don’t exist”

I realise we will never know the true answer to this but wanted to see what if anything others thought about this.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I understand there are some subject matter that even the Prez is not privy to.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That gives some career secret keeper a lot of power.

I wonder what they're doing with it?

I also wonder exactly what kinds of things fall into that arena - aliens, UFOs, yes - but what else?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
lol yeha like how to be a good president LOL that one is all up to you!

As well as anything else that is important, the president in alot of cases is just a spokeperson, but at the same time hes THE spokeperson, he could warp the people to do alot of things an well if he was smart he would try to get in strong with the people around him so he would have access to that non presidental info....

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I find it doubtful that any president has been given such info. If he's lucky, he'll be in office a mere 8 years, 4 if he isn't. I don't see someone who will be in power for such a short time being given such knowledge, barring some unforeseen event.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Start asking too many questions and they force feed you pretzels. In my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Start asking too many questions and they force feed you pretzels. In my humble opinion.

Are you talking President or the public? That statement could go both ways.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Seems I remember reading somewhere years ago about an incident involving Jimmy Carter where he left a Top Secret briefing crying like baby.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
well acording to your own president , he apparently recives messages from god,

and aparently went to war based on gods aproval of it ....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Seems I remember reading somewhere years ago about an incident involving Jimmy Carter where he left a Top Secret briefing crying like baby.

Thats funny
I never knew that. Maybe they used alien technology and sent him to 1980 and he saw himself get beat by Ron Raegan?!?!?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yes, W supposedly speaks to God directly, and can't say nuclear correctly. He's a putts and a patsy.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't think the President would know everything. I think that he is like other Federal employees, he is only told enough information for him to be able to carry out his duties. I even think this goes for so called defense information. Remember President Nixon?. Well, it seems that at one point he had been informed that we were able to penetrate and read electronically the USSR's radar systems in order to confuse it when we needed to cover something up. Then, during the SALT negotiations, President Nixon announced to all that we had been reading the USSR's radar systems, which forced them to upgrade the security they had on them, thus causing the U.S. to loose a valuable intelligence tool in our dealings with them. So based on that, I would have to say that there is definitly a lot of stuff he is not told.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
As a bit of an afterthought, maybe the person who gets "elected" is somebody who is already in the know? Mason? Illuminati? Alien?
I am sure that something as vital as the leader of the country couldn't get left completly to chance for the public to decide? Just a thought....Or is this an entirely different conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The current president of the US actually lives in a box...with all the other toys. When the time is right he comes out to play and the key in his back is turned so he can talk. That is when the Bushisms are heard...he can not think for himself...he is told what to think.

He is a puppet of others in control with a sinister agenda for this planet.

res

[edit on 2-3-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I think it's more likely that those who have the privilege to run for president and get that boost from the media already have the knowledge to begin with.

Imagine the US as a plane and the presidents are pilots. We are merely switching pilots, but the ones who are likely to win the position of pilot are all trying to steer the plane in the same general direction: a direction that is not beneficial for the passengers in coach, but hugely beneficial for those in first class.

new topics

top topics

join