It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof if there's GOD?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
God ask for faith and gave freedom of choice to believe in him. You cant have faith and freedom of choice its there proof. You wont ever find proof of God at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

slymattb, I am ready to hear something that might change my mind.

No one has yet, I think, asked this question: What does God believe in?

Is anything supernatural, that can be shown to not be a compilation of natural events that are INTERPRETED after the fact to be some sort of 'divine intervention'?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Not "God" as I view him/her/it.
"God" as view him/her/it doesn't even require acknowledgment. Though acknowledgment is nice. It's not required.
Your marrying the view of a high power to a fews view of that object.
Those things are not the only possibilities and many forget that.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
After examinig my previous comment, I would like to apologize for coming off as a know it all. Sometimes I leave out important details or just don't organize my thoughts very well. In this case, I should have stated this was only a theory, but I think many who speak on the subject are giving their theory of what it is. And no, reality isn't so simple, I just try to break things down into something that can be understood because if anyone could wrap their brain around all of matter and time they would have to go insane. I can't lay claim to any absolutes. I'm no god.

That said, unlike an external god, I have seen the evidence for this internal emotional god while reading other posts throughout the thread. Many different contributors identified with god in a very personal way which led me to believe it's more of a feeling than an object.

Originally posted by Incarnated
The Proof isn't out there.

It's In HERE.

Originally posted by SteveAndrew
That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God"

Originally posted by SteveAndrew
God is a deeply sensitive subject for me and I will be truthful and say that I haven’t read everybody’s posts but if needed somebody please guide me to a reasonable post ahead of mine; do not worry about posts after this/mine.

Originally posted by ejsaunders
Her name? 'God's Gift' - coincidence, probably, but to me it made me feel that strange feeling, that total love that some people talk about when they mention God

Originally posted by depth om
If you're looking for an image of God you wont find it here. The eyes aren't the only things that see.

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
God is love.

Evil is the absence of Love.

Originally posted by depth om
God didn't create evil. He created love.

Originally posted by freighttrain
So I think instead people going out there looking for God and religions they should get in touch with their own self and discover "god" within themselves

Originally posted by Incarnated
Comes from within? Well that's cool because within is where your connection to the universe is too.

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
It is its unstable nature, in my opinion, that makes it good spiritually. It allows you to be subject to both good (blissful) introspection and bad (scary) introspection

Originally posted by freighttrain
It's to explore our own soul into finding a reason for existence.

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
much about that inner beauty can be discovered through introspection and ******

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
When you truly awaken, God is self evident.

Originally posted by windwaker
I believe that he has a very weird sense of humor.

Originally posted by saturnus1962
so just keep on to your faith, it is a very strong emotion!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by finnegan

Yes but that is by ONLY taking those factors into account. I didn't mean my comments as attack but that is what I see. You seem to have married the idea of such a being with for lack of a nicer way to put it the boneheads views on it.
What you choose to believe is no one else's business but your own but your looking for clues in only a small part of the spectrum and looking exclusively at only certain individuals loopiness.

I agree with your assessment if I was only to look at the factors you site and would agree with you if that was the only factors I looked at.
After all. You can't look at what others believe. Considering most people think food comes from the grocery store these days.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Not sure what you are 'citing'...or even what you're saying, about food from grocery stores?

Of COURSE food comes from a grocery store! (ok, KIDDING, got your joke)

So, GOD is a Grocer? We're trying to find proof of God here, not whether he's a grocer...actually, that's being pretty funny, since GOD could manifest any way IT desires....maybe GOD has manifested into me? Prove that wrong!

[edit on 7-3-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Where did deesw's posts on this thread go? I was gonna reply to one and now it is gone?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is One of My Many Undeniable Collected Reasons PROVED that GOD Almighty and our Lord Jesus Christ is TRUE and Almighty In OUR TIMES.

Ecclesiastes 3:15

15That (A)which is has been already and that which will be has already been, for God seeks what has passed by.

The Motto: "Deny Ignorance"

More than a slogan and deeper than a mission statement, our members have embraced the motto of "Deny Ignorance" as our reson detre, demanding everyone who posts to aspire to a higher standard of participation. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership base that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch skeptics. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand minds.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history that has clouded our minds and dulled our brains. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If you want to know something, to know the absolute truth, no matter how much you hate it or how much it scares you -- you have to be open to it.

So many people in this thread seem angry, closed-minded and like they're only interested in disproving God. It seems that not many here are actually pursuing the truth.

In any case, if you pursue the truth and question God with an open heart, you will find Him.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." - Matthew 7:7

And hey, if after a while you still don't believe, fine. You've still gained something by looking. But if you want the truth, seek it with an honest heart. If you aren't seeking and don't want to search for the truth and see the possibility that you may be wrong, why are you here? Seriously.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I don't want to derail this thread, but i just saw this image posted somewhere, and it bothers me to no end, ANYONE thinking like this, is ignorant on a level I've never seen before.

A church, calling REASON en enemy of faith.... there has to be a cause for that right ?Ask yourself why ?

They choose to be ignorant, and tell others to abandon "reason", how pathetic and dangerous is that ?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wow, that is incredibly disturbing. And not only that, but it's also completely unbiblical.

That has to be one of the stupidest moves a church could make.

Also, there are tons of Christian books that use science, mathematical statistics and reason to back up evidence of God.

Oh well, just like not every atheist's smart, so it is with Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Before U came To Life ?
U were where?
ok ..
let we see >> to be created your mother and father must be congressed
the sperm is too small it only could be seen by microscope
YOUR FATHER CANT SEE IT

i will ask you ------

I WILL ASK YOu-----------

I will ask u--------

AND u Will ASk YOUR FAther ----

and You Will ask Your Father -----

Did you create me?

he will reply no
ANd If he asked his father he will reply no
and to an infinIty so there there must be a stop
SO TELL ME NOW WHO IS THAT GLORYEST CREATOR WHO CREATE YOUR EYES AND YOUR EARS AND YOUR KIDNEYS AND YOUR LUNGS AND YOUR LIPS

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[6] O man! what has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?

[7] Him Who created thee, fashioned thee in due proportion, and gave thee a just bias;

[8] In whatever form He wills, does He put thee together

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
God for me is everything.
From the big bang on all matter anti-matter and everything is made up of god.
the problem arises when man tries to explain god.
Can't and will not be done ever.
Is god a white haired old man in a robe?
Not for me but if thats the way you want to visualize it fine.
In my opinion did god wright the bible?
No.
Yes the bible is rife with racism and other human attributes therefore it cannot be attributed to god. But there are good teachings in the bible (and some bad).
As there are in all religions.
But religions are ultimately mans creation is it not?
Ask yourself. Life without god?
Nope, because god is life, and death.

Chaos is not something i like to think about.
And nature for me disproves chaos anyway.
Too many symbiotic lifeforms for there to be chaos.
A very wise man (my father) told me when i started questioning things long ago. Just believe in something.
Which religion is right?
God only knows(sorry for the pun god).
But for me, there is no life, galaxy,universe, without god.

And after all man needs some kind of reassurance when he feels his mortality. For in reality everything dies and goes back to the source.
I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from religion.
But i do understand some of the disbelief.
There is a god!
He is not an alien!
Neither is he human therefore you can not accuse god of emotions.
God is life and death.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Yeh and they have full gospel churches too.
Still looking for the half and quarter gospel churches cause I don't like too much gospel.

Point is really. Christianity doesn't corner the market on idiocy it runs all through all of humanity. And of course one mans treasure is another mans trash. Not saying which is which because that would be damn egotistical of me. And I as a rule avoid ego and its pitfalls.

The concept of a "higher power" is far from being proven or disproven and no amount of wrangling on both sides is going to change that.
But still both sides try. Really silly once you get down to it and look at it objectively.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Oh and not saying this the case.
I have seen such foolishness before.
But I could photoshop a photo like that easily.
To make it say whatever I want.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
after reading the stickies about the conspiracy qualification, i decided on posting here because religion might be a conspiracy by itself (sorry moderators
)

my question for everyone is: do you have any proof in media (pics, vids) that GOD exists? please post it here or link me...

help! my faith is wavering...

Hopefully this isn't one of those threads that I need to read through without getting "slapped" upside the head for.
I imagine everything is going to be anecdotal anyway.
I've wondered about that too. I mostly want to know why me? It is kind of like the UFO stuff. some people really believe they have seen them and the rest of us have to either accept it or not.
For me, what sucks is that even when God comes to you, you will rationalize it away and then you will doubt it ever happened. I could tell you my two cool stories but they would just be like every other story you have ever heard about God or UFO's. You would think these people that have experienced the events would be changed forever. That is what is so sad at least for me. I was high as a kite but now I am back into the secular world and asking for God to hook me up again. I don't know why it works that way or why this faith thing is so important or even if it is important.
I hope you read this post because I'm going to give you the best honest suggestion on how to meet or feel God, (you won't see him, you will feel him) .........#, that isn't right, because the 2nd time he showed up I was certainly not asking for him.
I should say, this is my idea of how I am going to try to get him back again. I think I need to remove all hate I have in my heart, I need to honestly forgive everyone and....I'm sorry but I'm not even convincing myself with this because that 2nd time and even the first time had nothing to do with me having some pure heart.
I can tell you though that he really is out there and.... hey, I can tell you that I was about 2 or 3 pages into reading "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge and I was pissed my brother gave me the book to read as I realized it was some Christian help book. Then he popped in right when I was pissed off. so, my theory on being pure of heart goes out the window.
I don't know dude! I want him to work his magic again because it is such a wonderful feeling. It lasted at least 6 months and then I was back to myself again.
I hate when people tell me about their "encounters" with God or "UFO's" or any other bull# so I just loath to here myself talk about this crap, but I hope you keep searching, or praying, or whatever, but keep your ears open and heart open, there will be no mistake when he shows up because you will ball up like a little girl crying uncontrolably for no reason, the love you feel is amazing. That was true for me the first time. The second time he did some other amazing things. So maybe he does whatever he does for whatever needs doing.
I'm sorry, really sorry, I don't want to be one of those wack jobs that tell you to "seek and you shall find" or pray really hard. I didn't pray, not even close, the 2nd time. The worst thing about all of this my friend is that you are hearing from someone that "knows" God is there and his love and has fallen back into the secular world as if it never happened. I'm telling you if God walked up to me today I would say, "how ya doing" and in 6 months go back to being the selfish prick I am today.
You won't find solace in the Bible thumpers or get comfort from the "God loves you and his ways are mysterious, or you have to pray harder."
If you are male, then read that book my sanctimonous brother made me read. "Wild at Heart" it is good for all men. If you want to hear the stories of the 1st and 2nd time, I would be happy to tell you.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
after reading the stickies about the conspiracy qualification, i decided on posting here because religion might be a conspiracy by itself (sorry moderators
)

my question for everyone is: do you have any proof in media (pics, vids) that GOD exists? please post it here or link me...

help! my faith is wavering...

Just a little correction. Your not looking for proof. For there is tons of proof in the creation. Hence we have many religions, that that proof spawned. What your asking for is absolute proof! That is something that is
as much your burden to realize, as it is the creators!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Howie, you're missing the point!

There is no 'proof' of god, only anecdotal stories. But, that is apparently where people's faith comes into play. Because, that's all it is...faith.

Isn't it wonderful that you live in a society where you can believe anything you want, even if it's completely illogical? Isn't that great?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, 18 pages in, and I still have yet to see anyone define "God" in such a way that could be used in any kind of proof.

You can't prove something you can't define.

Keep trying, though. Maybe someone here will succeed where some of the greatest minds in history have failed.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Yet you feel you can disprove something you can't define as well?
I apologise if you aren't one of those atheists that are constantly out to prove how right they are. (By semantic game playing amongst other types of game playing.)

It's a two edged sword.

Science, as I have said has precious little to say about spiritual matters IF it does in fact exist.
Should go without saying that INCLUDES whether or not it exists.

Based in the physical remember?

[edit on 22-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join