It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

witches and Satan worshipers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I was hoping for a reply, but I see all you have are these.

I'm afraid it is a game. Learn 2 play

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I was hoping for a reply, but I see all you have are these.

I'm afraid it is a game. Learn 2 play

If I were the original poster, I'd be very disappointed that you've chosen to play games when discussing someone's belief system. A person's set of morals and principles are often taken very seriously as it is an integral part towards taking care of humanity and their environment around them. When we read:

The world's most powerful earthquake in more than 40 years struck deep under the Indian Ocean on December 26, triggering massive tsunamis that obliterated cities, seaside communities and holiday resorts, killing tens of thousands of people in a dozen countries.

www.cnn.com...

We turn to our beliefs to decide what to do about it. If all it's good for is playing games with, then these people mean nothing. They're just a number. But, those tens of thousands of people are people just like you and I who no longer have the ability to do anything in life...not even play games.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This question? I thought it was directed to the person you quoted...but very well...

Here's a question though. There were other humans besides Adam and Eve - as mentioned in Genesis 1. Why is the whole of humanity punished for their screwup?

Adam and Eve were humanity's example which means that if you or I were in the same position, we would do the same. To think we're somehow superior to the nature of mankind, that we're not prone to mistakes and tempations is a bit self-inflated.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by deenamarie53
reply to post by enchantress62

BTW, is the baby with the helmet yours? Sweet, hahaha

No he's not mine, but I wish he was, he's cute as a bug! lmao

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
If I were the original poster, I'd be very disappointed that you've chosen to play games when discussing someone's belief system. A person's set of morals and principles are often taken very seriously as it is an integral part towards taking care of humanity and their environment around them.

"Oh noes! We's prone to attack and gettin' destroyed! I suppose I must immediately disassociate myself from my Wiccan friends immediately!"
and
"So there's a hell, but most spirits aren't "Demons". That's interesting. Exactly how many inhabit hell then. Four, maybe five?"

Exactly what sort of response were you hoping for?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

A serious one. The "oh noes" was feeding what it seemed you expected to see. Paradigm change to demonstrate the absurdity of the assertion.

The second response was completely serious and without sarcasm. Enjoy your game, I'll leave you to it because I'm not playing.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

A serious one. The "oh noes" was feeding what it seemed you expected to see. Paradigm change to demonstrate the absurdity of the assertion.

The second response was completely serious and without sarcasm. Enjoy your game, I'll leave you to it because I'm not playing.

Ditto that

I guess Fox will be "walking" on over to Enchantresses' new post now. Not much else will be going on in this thread.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ah, if only I go there earlier.

Well, the bad news is, most satanists are witches, but most witches aren't satanists. If you knew much about most forms of satanism, you'd realize that they use that word for some parts of their belief system as well. simply put, your system of faith doesn't own that word.

the problem with it all is, many God (big G) based religions take their information of other religions from their local priest, whim typically is the least credible source available.

wiccae aren't pagans, pagans aren't satanists, satanists aren't devil worshipers, devil worshipers aren't masons, masons aren't buddists, you get the idea.

I'm sure some will (and have apparently) say that dealing with 'magic' (lets not insult each other by plastering superflous k's on the end of things to make them seem olde timey) opens you up to 'dark forces' and all other kinds of doom and gloom. Horse hockey, i say!. whats a christian mass but one big organized ritual just like any other magic ceremony.

What it all comes down to is intention. Lets not worry about this whole law of threes some things like to guilt their people with, lets look at the real, in your heart reasons. Are you playing for peace so man can spend the time to gain wisdom, or is it so you will not be bothered by war? Selfish, isn't it? Can you wish harm on another for the purest of reasons? yes, that is entirely possible as well. Sometimes, you are justice, and the sin is to not mete out the punishment required.

Once you realize that there are very few true well wishes in this world, it becomes a much scarier place, but also and much more sensible one.

What does this all mean? mostly it means tuck it back in your pants, and lets not worry about who's personal invisible man can beat who the others personal invisible man.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeederWhat does this all mean? mostly it means tuck it back in your pants, and lets not worry about who's personal invisible man can beat who the others personal invisible man.

Or personal invisible woman. She can kick all them buttz!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
I'm sure some will (and have apparently) say that dealing with 'magic' (lets not insult each other by plastering superflous k's on the end of things to make them seem olde timey) opens you up to 'dark forces' and all other kinds of doom and gloom.

I don't think the 'K' is there to make it sound 'olde worlde'.
I think it a way to discern between the Penn & Teller or Paul Daniels type of 'magic' as opposed to the Spellcraft type of 'magick' (sometimes spelt ... 'majick').

It's certainly why I use it ... might be a little bit embarrassing all round if I were to hold a workshop on the subject an people expected me to start pulling rabbits out of hats etc.

Woody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join