It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake felt across England

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

I said this before and i will say it again before my area was hit there was a huge rush of wind then boom my house was all over the place it was scary.

When i looked out of my window i saw the moon behind the cloud's and actually prayed it was not a nuke that had gone off.

I have destroyed and been around a lot of UXB in Iraq and this wave of air was just like a blast wave.

Cant say i have been in a quake before so maybe this rush of air is normal ?

But there was a rush of air no kidding.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
reply to post by snoopyuk

I said this before and i will say it again before my area was hit there was a huge rush of wind then boom my house was all over the place it was scary.

When i looked out of my window i saw the moon behind the cloud's and actually prayed it was not a nuke that had gone off.

I have destroyed and been around a lot of UXB in Iraq and this wave of air was just like a blast wave.

Cant say i have been in a quake before so maybe this rush of air is normal ?

But there was a rush of air no kidding.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

what you say their i total agree with ! it was exactly like their was a real big blast outside my house which slammed into the wall then it all started shaking.... i honestly thought it was a freak tornado or hurricane and the side of my house was going bye bye, but instead it just shook

when a real big wind hits sometimes you feel it push and cause pressure, much like i would imagine an explosives blast !

hehe, im glad their are people out their that can describe stuff!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Right i have been waiting to post on here. Sadly 3 hours after the quake i was on my way to the airport to fly out on business so never got chance until now to post.

For starters im just to the east of Manchester towards halifax direction somewhere about 45 mins drive up M62 from epicentre.

Knowing i had to be up at 4am to catch a flight i hit the sack about 2230hrs but strangely could not sleep or rest. I finally nodded off about 12 but between then and the quake at 0100hrs i woke 4 times and looked at the clock. Talk about expecting something!!!!!!

Anyway same as Hakalee i too heard a wave of force approach. I too have been in the military and completed explosive demolitions courses and this WHOOSH felt just like a shockwave approaching.

The quake itself well i jumped straight out of bed like a cat. I can only describe the rumble like nothing before. I knew the sound was coming from deep beneath and it shook me to the bones like an awful feeling of vunrability.

Feel sorry for you guys in US who experience this all the time its an awful feeling.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Saint / h3akalee / snoopy / boaby_phet, hi guys.

The rush of air/wind ... I mentioned this in my earlier post. It had actually been windy here all day ... but the gust in question was particularly strong (rattling the double-glazing strong) and you could hear grit and stuff rattling down the road and hitting the windows (this lasted maybe 30 secs then just went calm).

The only bit that seems different here was that the quake didn't follow immediately like a wave. Can't in all honesty say how long but at least half hour (maybe more), before the quake hit.

Snoopy ... I'd never thought about it being caused by some kind of underground explosion, but it would make more sense than fault lines that have been dormant for 1000's of years suddenly becoming active again ... but these days anything seems to be possible ... however unlikely.

Woody

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi Woody.

Well im near Halifax it was most certainly no gust of wind it was a sudden blast of air followed directly by the shaking.

There is my information anyway.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Anyway same as Hakalee i too heard a wave of force approach. I too have been in the military and completed explosive demolitions courses and this WHOOSH felt just like a shockwave approaching.

Just wondering, have you looked at the seismographs? They might explain what you describe.
here

The closest ones to the quake just record the main shock, pretty much instantly. The further you are away though, the greater the gap between the start and the main shock of the quake. There are two types of waveforms made by earthquakes, the P-waves and the S-waves. P waves are pretty much like sound, they work in the same way, as pressure that travels along away from the epicentre. Since they are like sound, it would probably produce sound as well, and would perhaps be like you describe.

The S-waves, are basically like a sine wave, or for less mathematically oriented people, like waves on the surface of a pond, and they give the main shaking, and looking on the seismograph you can see the arrival of the S-waves as the large increase in size of shaking.

I think that might explain what you describe. The difference in size of the actual recordings, is probably because they calibrate them, I would expect the closer ones to be much larger.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just a quick question to fellow UK members, or if anyone knows if there is a link to this,

Since the Quake here in the UK i cant seem to sleep? I have had great problems since it happend getting to sleep, Its like my sleeping patteren has been majorly effected and i have no reason why,

Im so tired at night but just cant seem to sleep,

It may not be related to this at all but wierd as it started the same night,

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey Asala

Well i wouldnt say it has effected my sleeping patterns but i would definitely say that each night since i have lay in bed thinking about and probably expecting it again. I think this is mainly due to the incident occuring whilst i was in bed

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey Asala,
i have been suffering from exactly the same and its still happening.Averaging getting some zzz about 6/7 am .
Also i have had some tinitus?/ringing in the ears also.
Annoying me it is .
Not too disimilar to those cricket noises that they put outside mcdonalds but not as loud.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracey ace
Hey Asala,
i have been suffering from exactly the same and its still happening.Averaging getting some zzz about 6/7 am .
Also i have had some tinitus?/ringing in the ears also.
Annoying me it is .
Not too disimilar to those cricket noises that they put outside mcdonalds but not as loud.

Im north of the border, im not sleeping properly at the moment either, and i have also noticed the ringing in ears as well. Kind of like a television set being left on somewhere. Only seem to notice it at night, and if i concentrate on it it gets louder. Wierd.

Might be worth mentioning the link now on the met-office site www.metoffice.gov.uk...
noticed they have introduced seismic data.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
www.godlikeproductions.com...

ooer

and another

www.terraresearch.net...

Only heard by a few, called human ‘hummers’, the low-pitched 30 to 80 Hz tone is perceived as sound, but it hasn’t been found with sensitive microphones or electromagnetic sensors.

Lol i also hear dog whistles.Maybe my hearing has become more sensitive since the event.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join