It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama dressed in Somalian garb, new clinton leak?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
article here from Int'l herald Tribune...
www.iht.com...
picture here...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
www.iht.com...
picture here...

Why, that's just Bamaboy getting in touch with his roots!

...oops, forgot about the 2 sentence requirement.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by deenamarie53]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As far as I read it was a Clinton leak. I guess the Clintons hope the average American will be fooled and frieghtend by Obama wearing this gift he got while he was visiting Kenya.

Shame on you Bilderberg Hillary! Shame on you!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
and he'll counter with a picture of hil kissing mrs. arafat

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Actually this is a picture of Obama getting in touch with his African roots. Certainly nothing wrong with that.... A lot of people do that when they go back to their country of family origin, weather it be Scotland, Germany, Mexico, Israel and so on.

What is disturbing about this is that if it was released by the Clinton Campaign, then it was released to create more fear-mongering.

If true, then the character of her campaign has stooped to a new low! What a xenophobic ploy!

[edit on 25-2-2008 by realmatrix]

[edit on 25-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Or it was released by the Obama campaign in hopes that people would think the Clintons did it with the intent of further demonizing the Clinton Campaign.

Follow that?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Ahhhhhhh! My eyes! My eyes!!!!

Damn you, Crakeur!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

That outfit doesn't look all that comfortable, who designs this stuff? I know you have to dress appropriately based on the climate but cmon. I actually think this picture helps his campaign (Hillary will win it all anyway, just watch people).

I think Obama's campaign is going well so people can feel good about supporting him. Hillary will snag the nomination one way or another, people suck I guess is my point here if there is one at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the pic honestly looks like a fake to me

the lines on the clothes just look un-natural thats just the way i see it though

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

NO her lover is Janet Reno from the clinton era.
Hillary and Janet Reno share that one special quality , both are double baggers.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
www.iht.com...
picture here...

LOOK IT'S Obama Osama , The truth is revealed as he takes the staff of stupid to use on the people /sheeple in the usa so they will vote him into office so he may enslave them and force the Muslim way upon them.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

Okay, I knew that was coming from someone. After all, that is the point of view that whomever leaked this photo was trying to envoke in people. Obama is not muslim, this photo was from a trip to Africa when he recieved the clothing as a gift. As an inteligent person, who understands foreign policy and customs, (contrary to what some try to say) he put on the gift of clothing as to not upset the generousity shown by the locals. But you knew that right? Please, tell me you were being sarcastic, because it is kind of hard to tell?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman
Or it was released by the Obama campaign in hopes that people would think the Clintons did it with the intent of further demonizing the Clinton Campaign.

Follow that?

It doesn't matter to me who started this or where the pic. came from, I still would not vote for Hillary Clinton for all the money in America!

In fact, I plan on switching my vote over to Obama in November (I'm a registered republican but not any more)!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think I need to carry a post of mine over from another thread. I didn't realize this was was running on the same topic.

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Oh come on, leaders of many nations and members of Royal families have dressed in local garb when visiting other countries.

Let's go to the official web site of former President Clinton.
The William J. Clinton Presidential Library & Museum.
www.clintonlibrary.gov...

Look at picture #6 on that page, yes that's Hillary in a head scarf while visiting a Muslim country.

Or how about this one posted further along in the picture set.

It's from this thread:
www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

"Double bagger?" I don't know that term.

But the mental image of Clinton and Reno has burned a hole in my brain. Yuck.

And I didn't see anything wrong with the picture of Obama, either. When in Rome...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have never understood the need for slamming in these campaigns. Personally, A true potential president should not lower him or herself to this pathetic level.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I would really like to know who took the damn picture. How does something like that get out? I mean, you'd expect it to be someone with close family ties.

One of the weirdest things I've heard about in any political campaign in recent memory... Besides all the stuff that goes on!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

I'm leaning more towards Obama's staff releasing this photo. That is unless Hillary was there taking the photo. I was thinking along the same lines you were. Maybe this is a counter-counter operative where you sling mud on yourself to make your opponet seem like a dirty politician.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I didn't realize there was already a thread on this. Mods...you can close my thread and I will post my rationale as to why this photo is showing the undercurrents of a political strategy which both parties will use if, in fact, Obama becomes the nominee on this thread. The photo is an AP photo taken much earlier. It has just re-emerged.

Talk to the "average joe schmo voter on the street". Most voters, in my experience, will come across one or two "facts" and that becomes their unshakable opinion of a candidate. I have heard people say, "Well I heard that Obama was a Muslim." "I heard he won't enter a church."

There is a fear out there of anything unknown. Obama is currently viewed as "black" by the average American. If he can be painted as something feared such as a Muslim extremist in sheeple clothing....your average vote will be motivated by fear not knowledge. Once that curtain is closed in the voting booth...in our current culture...it can easily become fear which determines that final vote.

Enough tidbits like this...strategically placed, can indeed infect the minds of joe schmo. The culture we live in now is very different from the culture eight, even four years ago. People want change, but the average person is so misinformed by MSM that while they want change...they don't want "too" much change. John McCain is banking on this I believe. The "dangerous world" mentality will only be enhanced by economic insecurity among the lower and middle classes. People want a lot of things....but most of all, they don't want to be afraid. Do not underestimate the courage which an informed mind gives you. Those less informed, grasp one or two "facts" to shape their opinion, in my humble opinion.

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Personally, I think this maneuver has a Karl Rove-esque feel to it......Now who would he be working for this time around??

Surely Hillary and her people would know if were they who released the photo, it would make them look far worse than Obama, who would simply look as if he was being a polite guest in a foreign country??

This would only benefit the Republicans, IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join