It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO footage - is this CGI?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I don't know if this is been around but it was posted to You Tube yesterday and has no comments yet. I'm not a video analyst, reminds me of other have I seen that were CGI, but I can't say why exactly...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's clear and it moves kind of funny and is in a wierd set shot. It is also the ubiquitous less than 2 minute UFO video with poor resolution. It's probably fake. They blink differently in real life.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks like CGI to me.

Not worth talking about unless we were on a computer graphics forum or something...

link   
obvious cgi to the trained eye

link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Never seen that one before. Looks cool, however I haven't the slightest clue on judging authenticity. My guess is no, but my hope is YES!

AAC

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well it's 19 seconds long and it is a "mystery" so that should tell you something lol... No story to go with it or anything... everything points to CGI, especially the way it looks.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think it's the color of the craft that bothers me... it stays so consistent as it moves.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
1) Sorta staged. Why doesn't the cameraman follow the craft towards the end of the clip?
2) The craft sorta bounces & jiggles at 0:04- good evidence that the editor couldn't sync the craft with the video in post production

[BUSTED]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
From the same person:

Interesting, but would rather have some background on these...

[edit on 24-2-2008 by WhiteWash]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You see the camera shake and jitter at the 3-4 second mark and the ufo moves with the shaking.

Obviously faked.

This wont convince an ATS crowd.

*yawn*

[edit on 24-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
From the same person:

Interesting, but would rather have some background on these...

That's the Nellis AFB UFO footage: the video has been recorded on 1994
and was broadcast on 1995 on the American TV show "Hard Copy".

Google Video Link

The images were shot on a range that is in restricted air space near Nellis AFB.
The tracking cameras got a radar lock on an object that was traveling away from the camera initially, then abruptly changed course when the object detected that it was being tracked.
The object appeared to be curious about what was tracking it and came in for a better view.
This video was enhanced and viewed by several photoimaging experts, on camera , and they seemed to be baffled about it's origin and properties.

Read more here:
ufologie.net...

You can download the full .mpg footage here (right click and "save target as ... ")
/yvvlor

Some articles:
homepage.ntlworld.com...
roswellproof.homestead.com...

[edit on 24/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
It's clear and it moves kind of funny and is in a wierd set shot. It is also the ubiquitous less than 2 minute UFO video with poor resolution. It's probably fake. They blink differently in real life.

The "Moving Funny" as you discribe it is the "camera shake" not being aligned with the suposide reflection of the shake in the object (ufo) according to the frames.

It's absolutly 100% faked.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I would even say that clip #1 plain sucks.
Why would you post such a thing? Don't you have a critical mind AT ALL?

Sorry for the outrage but such posts just floods this site with USELESS JUNK.

Again sorry, but it needed to be said. I would like to believe that I have a great number of users behind me on this one. I don't know the OP personally and I don't mean to offend, just inform (in a rather harsh way) that the deal is "first think, then post".

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Here are the youtube tags:

"computer science communications social physical performing arts entertainment news commercials tv experi"

Not the tags that I would give an authentic ufo sighting.

No worries bigwhammy.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Sometimes when we see something that we consider spectacular because of it's content or visuality we tend to blind ourselves to the true nature of what it conveys.
WE just need to be a little more careful with these Youtubes which need to be scrutinized very closely so as not to be the fallguy from some posters.
IMHO this is a fake and this I say without being blunt on the matter.
Searching for the truth can lead us down false paths sometimes, but the true reasercher at heart comes out on top at the end.
keep up the good work

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I too must sit myself on yet another fakewagon :|

Having seen this, I get to thinking that a lot of fake material is seeing the light of day. Why is that?
I haven't tried it myself yet, but supposedly you should be able to get really "nice" results with CS3 Extended and I've heard some mention a few programs for mac that can do a pretty good job to.
So could we be witnessing the effects of consumers / teenagers getting their hands on such programs and now testing out their skills?

Lots of times we are shown short clips that last no longer than 10-15 secs. which for me would be a decent sized clip to experiment with.
Hell I would even post it afterwards on a site like YouTube knowing it was false just to see how people reacted...
Though I would probably admit to it after a week or so.

The problem with our cause is that we are so damn used to seeing poor footage that these guys who make these experimental little clips don't even have to put too much effort into it. And so more are probably prone to do it... there must be some kind of gratification in having people think twice about what they are seeing: "hehehe... fooled them... I'm cool"

I pray that this is not the case...

Edit: hm... hsur's observation beat my thoughts. Cheers

[edit on 24/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Internos great work as always.

About the video from the op...the "ufo" has that greyish-color tone that i just hate. It screams cgi, is a monotone greyish that you can see in several videos, it doesn´t change a bit according to the lightining, the movements of the object, the surroundings, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To tell if it's CG I dont so much look at the object as I do the actual camera movement and camera work. If it was real, the person would have followed it as it moved behind the trees instead of just keeping the camera in one spot. If someone were to shoot a video of a UFO this close up they probably would have been under immense stress causing there hand and camera to shake and not be smooth like in this video.

new topics

top topics

join