It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Anonymous" Scientology Protest is an NSA/FBI Fishing Expedition

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by informantno5
Although this image is not definitive proof by any stretch of the imagination, it certainly seems to add to the growing pile of evidence suggesting that "Anonymous" is connected to the US government in some way.

Connected? This 'growing pile of evidence" might also be suggesting either government or scientologists are trying to infiltrate annonymous.. or that they scene was staged; government cars would not have their headlights on while performing espionage
ergo; the car is standing out on purpose. A fancy black car might just mean money rather than government and we only have your word that the person jumped in.

the masked person's head is also strangely out of proportion i feel. they have a really long neck and where the face should be is really small. maybe it's an alien hybrid or something..

[edit on 3-6-2008 by riley]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As far as I'm aware, Scientology tried to have videos removed from the internet.
The Internet did not like this.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Anonymous protests happen in over 100 cities worldwide. It would take more than 1 government to spark a simultaneous movement across the world. The intenet, however, does reach that far.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

Oh dear. I know its been a while since this article was written, but its extremely paranoid and delusional. The protests against scientology and tom cruise were all for the lulz.

To propose that the whole thing is a conspiracy designed to intrude into American people's homes, you couldn't be more wrong. The thing that annoyed anon the most was that scientologists had tried to censor the internet. After the DDoS and spam, scientologists tried their own videos purporting to be anon, but were horribly flawed. They even wanted to stop anonymous posting on the internet. People from all over the world were into this, not just Americans.

I suppose the real matter here is, however, it was xx or yy that REALLY did 9/11.

anon

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Things that make you go hum.

Teenage hacker charged for DDOS attack on Scientology

Dmitriy Guzner, 18, of Verona, New Jersey, is charged with helping in the attack on Scientologist servers in January. He has agreed to plead guilty to a single felony charge of unauthorized impairment of a protected computer and pay $37,500 in damages.

Guzner identifies himself as a member of the online group called ‘Anonymous’. The group is a loose collection of internet activist who undertake online activities, such as the attack on Scientology (dubbed Project Chanology), the tracking and arrest of suspected paedophile Chris Forcand and the hacking of vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin’s email.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I thought Anonymous couldn't get caught...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Bumping of a thread that was quite important to some people back in the day...

Has Anonymous tailed off?

Was this really a government phishing program that took advantage of the D-Ego of "new recruits", as it were?

Has Anonymous given up on Scientology?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I joined anonymous in some marches because a good friend of mine was destroyed by the cult. I never met any fbi or anyone telling me what to do or say. Everyone was friendly, I thought most of them to be extremely down to earth and concerned about our freedom of rights. Most anon came against the church because the church was the first largest organization that was controlling freedom of expression on the web. It was a test case for people that believed in freedom of information. If the Church of Scientology got away with what they wanted then it would have been the start of the destruction of the internet.

Even to this very day if a scientologist reads material that are in conflict to the church then they would have to go through " ethics" conditioning where they would be tested on a e-meter on their associations and thoughts regarding what they read. I do not know of any other organisation that uses a device to read peoples thoughts (that openly admits and employs such a device) but Scientology does. Upon this information, the person will have to do something in return that the church deems appropriate. This is thought control. I know because my friend has had it done to them, has done it to others and completely did not know it was bad at the time.

At no point in time had i ever seen or heard someone from anonymous give an order. All i have seen is an idea presented and people either choosing to go with the idea or not. It is the most egalitarian organisation i have come to known. It is the antithesis of scientology in that regards, which is a well documented suppresive group that uses "tech"niques in order to force people to think certain things that they wouldn't normally.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"Anonymous" is most definitely not a government organization.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That's not what this thread was suggesting. It was suggesting that certain interested parties potentially involved in th the government or various agencies manipulated the events and started the process which then grew into its' own entity.

They then kept track and paid real close attention to corrolate real world and virtul data.

Or so this thread suggests...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

You clearly do not understand the very basic facts behind the the Anonymous protests.
Scientology started the battle, trying to shut down free speech and open forums. They started messing with people, and that WILL NOT DO!

The "very public protests" that you mention, also happen to be done by people wearing MASKS. That is how they retain anonymity. This is also because Scientology has a very nasty habit of taking pictures, then hiring goons to track people down and kill their pets, assault people, start bogus legal proceedings and basically anything they can do to stop people from expressing their opinion of Scientology.

I know people who have protested in London outside the Scientology building. None of them were agents of any kind. They were people who looked at the cult and saw it for what it is, an evil, hateful, damaging and insidious criminal enterprise.

They kill people, hold people against their will, kidnap people from their families and prevent any action against them through any means. And the US government ignores all of this, in fact they allow them to continue running the cult with complete exemption from tax.

All of this is PROVEN. It's not exaggerated in the slightest.

The anonymous protests are genuine. They are genuine people who see a genuine threat to society and the welfare of others. This cult managed to pull of the largest and most thorough covert infiltration of government agencies ever seen. Again, this was proven, the founder and his wife were both charged!

I don't mean to be rude or belittle your opinion, but you have to know all of these facts before making any accusations against a group of people. Just as anon has proven the dirty facts about Scientology.

Anon is not a front for something else, it is a collection of people communicating via the internet and individually deciding to join forces to make a positive change in the world.

And along the way, have some mighty lulz and some delicious caek.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
-Bump-

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The main reason Scientology is hated is because it more or less openly believes in Aliens!! This post sounds ridiculous to the uninitiated, but is very serious.

en.wikipedia.org...

Further controversy has focused on Scientology's belief that souls ("thetans") reincarnate and have lived on other planets before living on Earth.[19] Former members say that some of Hubbard's writings on this remote extraterrestrial past, included in confidential Upper Levels, are not revealed to practitioners until they have paid thousands of dollars to the Church of Scientology.[20][21]

www.flyingbuffaloes7.net...

As I stated earlier, most of the alien wars are occurring covertly because the “bosses” have “educated” the people to believe that there are no aliens. However, an aspect of the alien wars that is overt to many, is the ongoing and concerted global efforts to disparage and denude the Church of Scientology. It is a well publicised fact that Scientology is an alien-based belief system. Its founder and many of its leaders espouse that Scientology has alien roots. Certain of the Scientologists believe that there is an alien race that was trapped on the Earth, and that these aliens are trying to free themselves from the planet. That is, the church openly admits that it is alien based. For stating this, it is mocked, ridiculed and attacked because the “bosses” have already “educated” the masses by debunking the existence of UFOs and alien beings. In this sense, the concerted attacks on Scientology are overt attacks on a religion that dares to openly espouse belief in aliens.

What goes on in Scientology is really not the issue. It probably has merits and blemishes like other religions. However, the church is boldly promoting alien existence, which is probably the main reason the ruling elite view it as dangerous and threatening. There are also other aspects of Scientology that annoy the ruling elite.

Among other things, Scientology is supposedly an anti-psychiatry religion. This is equivalent to scientific blasphemy! Further, Scientology is not particularly supportive of Western medicine or the pharmaceutical industry. Medicine, prescription drugs, and particularly psychiatry are interdependent, and are gigantic cash generators for the ruling elite. Just using rational arguments, of course these things will be protected and shielded from any outside attacks.

The ruling elite are doubly threatened by the fact that many wealthy and/or famous people are attracted to the church. This is giving the church credibility and resources to grow into a real threat to the established powers on the planet.

Scientology has proven harder to infiltrate than many other religions because much of the serious knowledge is available only to the ones who demonstrate the most zealous attachment to the beliefs. Despite all of the attacks and accusations against the church, its leaders have not succumbed to the “blackmail” tactics to reveal what they want to protect. In simple terms, this is an overt example of a small alien-sponsored group on Earth being aggressively persecuted around the world at the behest of a much larger, and more powerful, secret and covert alien group. Yet, again, humans are being used to further the covert alien wars.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I haven't bothered to read this large thread, but if anyone is still interested, I can shed light on things.

While it is certainly possible that it turned into a cointel project against both groups, it didn't start off that way. I know so because I was one of the original people who helped with the project when it FIRST started. And I mean the very beginning.

The way "Anonymous" works is simple, really; a large majority of those who call themselves Anonymous are idiots. Most can't do anything without being told when and how. The few people who understand how Anonymous works, and I was one of them, know how to manipulate them because we're experts on social engineering. We learn how the mind works, and how most people are affected by certain things. That is all what trolling is, and that is why we're experts in social engineering. While "trolling" can be mundane and simple minded, it can also be incredibly complex and take months to fulfill. Yes, we are (or were) that bored at the time.

So the few of us who know how Anonymous works and wishes to take advantage of the numbers it brings forth brainstorm. We were in an IRC room, and like always, we were bored. There wasn't anything major going on at the time. So we took it upon ourselves to make something major happen.

Now, ANYONE can be trolled. All trolling is, is the act of doing something in order to gain a reaction. That is it. Some people though are more likely to be trolled and to give out a larger reaction than others. One such group of people are religious folk. And to be frank, we hadn't messed with a bunch of religious folk in a while. So we were itching for that specific flavor of reactivity. Christians are boring, typical, far too large to get a significant reaction and are a splintered group. Jews suck to troll because you already know how they are going to react. Muslims were all ready being trolled by the US government. Buddhists just don't give a damn. And how do you troll Hindus?

So we struck off major world religions, which left us with some possibilities. And actually, we were heavily considering going after Wicca originally. But then, that Tom Cruise Scientology video surfaced. And we realize, this was our Holy Grail. We now knew THEY would be our target. So the collective minds in the IRC did research...and realize just how messed up Scientology is and how much they REACT to anything that is done to them. They were a ripe and firm lulz cow for the pluckin' and we got to the pluckin' real fast.

We gathered our tools, shared the info around on how to use them, gave Anonymous their target, and just watched action - reaction happen. We tended the fire a little longer, and then made that lovely declaration of war video.

Hello, Leaders of Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation; your suppression of dissent; your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who have come to trust you as leaders, has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. For the good of your followers, for the good of mankind and for our own enjoyment. We shall proceed to expel you from the Internet and systematically dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form. We recognize you as serious opponents, and do not expect our campaign to be completed in a short time frame. However, you will not prevail forever against the angry masses of the body politic. Your choice of methods, your hypocrisy and the general artlessness of your organization have sounded its death knell.

You have nowhere to hide, because we are everywhere.

You will find no recourse in attack, because for each of us that falls ten more will take his place.

We are cognisant of the many who may decry our methods as parallel those of the Church of Scientology, those who espouse the obvious truth that your organisation will use the actions of Anonymous as examples of the persecution of which you have for so long warned your followers. This is acceptable to Anonymous. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Over time, as we begin to merge our pulse with that of your "Church", the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will become aware that salvation needn't come at the expense of their livelihood. They will become aware that the stress and the frustration that they feel is not due to us, but a source far closer to each. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of your own RTC.

Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

WE DO NOT FORGET.

Expect us.

*tear*...I actually helped writing this. Twas beautiful. Really, it was. And in fact it was likely this video that really caused the whole thing to explode. I think at one time over 20 Scientology websites were down or effectively crippled.

Then, Mark Bunker happened. He turned a malignant attack against a religious institution in which the purpose for the attack was nothing more than our own amusement to a moral crusade of unrelenting faggotry. Needless to say, I backed out and gave up on the effort. But as history shows and I was completely surprised it happened, but this thing lasted for a good year or so until it really lost wind. I think it still goes on even now, but not like it was.

Now, I'm not taking responsibility for anything other than having helped write what was said in the youtube video that is known as the "official declaration of war" but amongst the 40 or so people in a certain IRC room down in the nether regions of the grand labyrinth of tubes that is the internet, I was one. And I can confirm that none of us were FBI, NSA, or any other alphabet organization. Is it possible that what the OP suggests is true? Could be, I don't know. But up to the point when the real life protests happened, a good deal of the brainstorming took place in that single IRC room. From there on it was out of any one person or groups hands though. You had over 6 de facto major planning areas on the internet from that point on, and this is completely ignoring any *chan site or IRC room.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Paul fetch, is that you?

Oo

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Prove that this isn't scilon pr/op/aganda

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Paul Fetch (now in a closet)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Whatever this was, it helped a lot of people get out of the cult and also made sure many of us had plenty of laughs at their expense.

Don't be so quick to attribute it to the FBI/NSA when many of us also did our own things, spontaneously.

edit on 2-4-2012 by robhines because: added wrong vid

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join