It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Bomber Crashes at Anderson AFB

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Stealth Bomber Crashes at Anderson AFB

www.kuam.com

KUAM News has learned that a B-2 stealth bomber crashed at Andersen Air Force Base this morning. The incident happened at around 10:45am Saturday, as information we've gathered so far indicates that a lead B-2 aircraft took off and became safely airborne, but when minutes later a second bomber took off for reasons that are unknown at this point, that aircraft crashed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Of interest....- Armament: Conventional/nuclear weapons

Antime one of these goes down there will be questions.

My first, what exactly was it loaded with?

Glad to see the pilots got out safely.

www.kuam.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimholt

WHOA....
what the heck is going on with aircraft these days?

I gave ya a star and a flag for the post. Thankee.

I wonder how this is going to pan out. Glad the pilots are safe

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's hard to say what is going on with aircraft, but accidents do occur, afterall they are built by less then perfect humans.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
**Out-There-Theory Alert**

They're testing new electronic warfare technology that can knock aircraft out of the sky.

My imagination will leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Yeah, makes me wonder since there were also 2 F-15s that just mysteriously "collided" just a few days ago off the coast of florida.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Indeed, there were the crash of these airplanes as well. I'm scratching my head even more now

I understand that equipment fails....but so many in such a tight time frame.

Novus....what's that way*out*there*theory of yours???

[edit on 23-2-2008 by deenamarie53]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Here's the MSNBC take on it. Seems just 11 days ago, a EA-6B Prowler electronic warfare aircraft went down 20 miles north of Guam.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

That they could be testing electronic technology that can knock planes out of the sky.

Unless of course this is already a technology. Then I must plead ignorance.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I can't believe that article said all 21 B2 bombers were stationed at an airbase in Missouri. That has to be disinformation. A single attack could take out every B2?

1.2 billion dollars ain't nothing to laugh at neither.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

They're testing new electronic warfare technology that can knock aircraft out of the sky.

My imagination will leave it at that.

I am sure they wouldn't crash one of the most expensive planes in the USAF just to test something. But it would be crazy.

If they are testing some new equipment at Anderson AFB I will check it out when I am there in a few weeks.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If that's true in that article. Then they put that information in there for just that. IMO> hoping someone would take them out.

It is very fishy to me that we have had 3 planes at least now over that past few days to go down. Make's you think something else is going on.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
A 1.2 BILLION dollar vehicle should have failsafes on its failsafes. My brows are raised. Just read on yahoo a B2 bit it off guam. What the freaksky?
Was posted up 27 min's ago.
Looks like things are getting very interesting indeed.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

its on mainstream news now

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
makes me wonder what the cause of the heathrow plane crash was the other week. of course it's only coincidence that the uk pm was in the terminal at the time and thankfully the pilots managed to avert a major disaster.

then there's the helicopters that went down in afghanistan with john kerry & co in them.

the Venezuelan plane that just crashed.

there's the small plane in montgomery.

the one that crashed in cumberland.

the couple that died when their plane crashed after take off in benton.

the odd story of a 6 year old calling 911 to report a plane crash story here

the 78 year old who amazingly survived his crash in palm beach

well, there's actually a hell of a lot more crashed in the past few days which i could list here but a quick search through google news for 'plane crash' will show just how many there have been.

perhaps a new thread ought to be started checking on what the average plane crash statistics are and whether they have suddenly spiked

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

They are based at Whiteman AFB in Mo. However they are deployed and rotated to various bases. So not all 21 of them are in the same place.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
A 1.2 BILLION dollar vehicle should have failsafes on its failsafes. My brows are raised. Just read on yahoo a B2 bit it off guam. What the freaksky?

Yep, but more and more aircraft these days are also designed to be aerodynamically unstable, and the B-2 is one of them. They would be impossible to control without the massive amount of computing power they have, and all that tech is new and constantly being improved on. Computers building computers (some of which have wings a gihuge price tag and non-conventional weapons on board)

I wonder which expletive cost $1.2bn? I'm gonna go with Oh $*!£!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
First of all, the two F-15s were doing ACM, which is the most difficult training mission to fly. They were at low level, in an environment that is very easy to get too close to someone. MOST midair collisions occur during ACM. The F-15 was also grounded from November to January, with the last of them just now being cleared to fly. The pilots are pushing hard to get their ratings back. When you're grounded that long you have to retrain hard to get things back.

As for the B-2, it was an accident. Accidents happen. There is no such thing as a crashproof plane. The B-2 has come very close, when you consider that the first plane flew in 1989, and this is the FIRST loss of the type to date. That includes combat missions, and 44+ hour long missions. The military is pushing their aircraft at a pace that will ensure accidents are going to happen. I'm actually very impressed that this is the first ever loss of a B-2.

Yes, all 21 are based at one base, just as all 50+ F-117s are stationed at one base. As was noted they rotate them to forward operating bases, so up to 8-10 are gone at any given point in time.

apc

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Yeah the last Whiteman airshow I went to they said about a dozen were housed there while the rest were usually on the coasts somewhere.

If my understanding is correct isn't the B-2 an aircraft that can not be flown by humans? That it is almost entirely controlled by computer with humans basically just telling it what direction to go and how fast? If so big surprise if HAL is to blame.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ALL the new aircraft are that way. You make them more maneuverable by making them less stable. The computers stabilize the flight. It's a very good system that has multiple redundancies on it. I doubt that was the cause of the crash, but we'll have to wait and see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join