It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formula 1 2008 Championship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, thanks for the update (i was too disappointed tonight to post them
)
So, it seems that Kimi has had some fuel pump problems.
Well, looking forward for the race, and, of course, kudos to Lewis Hamilton:

FIA post-qualifying press conference

I agree about the lack of TC: now this will allow us even to catch some details of their different driving styles: all in all i think that we're going to see one of the best championships of the last ten years, with more driving skills and less electronic. Besides, there are some teams which seem to have made some important improvements, like BMW, for example: they don't seem to be so far from Ferrari and McLaren, and Kubica is, in m y opinion, one of the best drivers of the circus.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Timo Glock got two five-place penalties (for a gearbox change and for impeding another driver during qualifying), so he will drop ten places to 19th on the grid.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
slightly ot. but do you guys play GP Legends, F1 2002 or the good ol "grand prix world"?

(gp world is an old team management game)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hamilton victorious in action-packed Albert Park race

Lewis Hamilton’s win for McLaren at the Australian Grand Prix almost went unnoticed in Albert Park this afternoon - and that tells you just what sort of race it was. The 23 year-old Briton dominated an event characterised by safety car interventions following a series of dramatic incidents that all happened behind him.

Hamilton would build a lead, lose it behind the safety car, build it again, lose it again. You get the picture. But if he was impressive here a year ago, he was even better on Sunday...

www.formula1.com...

FIA post-race press conference - Australia

Ferrari rue dismal Melbourne weekend

Image credit: EPA
www.epa.eu...

www.epa.eu...

www.epa.eu...

www.epa.eu...

www.epa.eu...

www.epa.eu...

Well, despite Kimi made a mistake, i believe he made one of his best starts since he's in Ferrari: and anyway i prefer such a mistake rather than keeping behind a car for half a race.

And Kudos to Hamilton

www.gazzetta.it...

and excellent race for Heidfeld, Rosberg and Alonso.

Originally posted by Obliv_au
slightly ot. but do you guys play GP Legends, F1 2002 or the good ol "grand prix world"?
(gp world is an old team management game)

My favourite one is Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4

[edit on 16/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Man, some of you guys are right in to this!!

Not really my cuppa tea TBH... But, I've just been given a walkabout ticket for the first ever night GP in Singapore. Also so have somewhere to crash. :-)

Just need to get a flight.

Really looking forward to it. Sept 26-28 Long way off yet!!

Any advice for a noob at the races?!?

Excited MonKey

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

2008 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX

Location Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Time zone GMT +8
Major Events Formula One, MotoGP, A1GP, SuperGT
Circuit Length 5.543 km (3.44 mi)
Turns 15
Lap Record 1:34.223 (Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams-BMW, 2004)

Sepang Circuit - Official website

F1 2008 Tickets | Sepang Circuit Official Agency

Update
2008 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Friday Practice 1)

Update
2008 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Friday Practice 2)

Update
2008 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Saturday Practice)

reply to

po

st by ChiKeyMonKey

What a gift! I guess that you'll fall in love for F1: let's wait and see.
I have no particular advices: I wish you to enjoy it a lot!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Malaysian Grand Prix

Ferrari locked out the front row of the grid for Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix with Felipe Massa on pole ahead of team-mate Kimi Raikkonen in Sepang.

Source

Results from qualifying for the Malaysia Grand Prix:

1. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari 1:35.748
2. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 1:36.230
3. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) McLaren 1:36.613
4. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren 1:36.709
5. Jarno Trulli (Italy) Toyota 1:36.711
6. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 1:36.727
7. Nick Heidfeld (Germany) BMW Sauber 1:36.753
8. Mark Webber (Australia) Red Bull 1:37.009
9. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Renault 1:38.450
10. Timo Glock (Germany) Toyota 1:39.656
11. Jenson Button (Britain) Honda 1:35.208
12. David Coulthard (Britain) Red Bull 1:35.408
13. Nelson Piquet (Brazil) Renault 1:35.562
14. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Honda 1:35.622
15. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) Toro Rosso 1:35.648
16. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Williams 1:35.670
17. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) Force India 1:36.240
18. Kazuki Nakajima (Japan) Williams 1:36.388
19. Sebastien Bourdais (France) Toro Rosso 1:36.677
20. Takuma Sato (Japan) Super Aguri 1:37.087
21. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Force India 1:37.101
22. Anthony Davidson (Britain) Super Aguri 1:37.481

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Kovalainen, Hamilton to lose five grid places

www.formula1.com...

McLaren drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Lewis Hamilton will each drop five places on the grid for Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix after stewards decided they had blocked rival drivers in the closing stages in qualifying. They will now start the race eighth and ninth respectively.

Kovalainen and Hamilton were called before the stewards after suggestions that BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld and Renault’s Fernando Alonso were impeded during their final Q3 runs, when the McLaren drivers were conserving fuel on slowing-down laps, both having completed their final runs.

"The first corners of my last lap went smoothly, but then there were several cars driving very slowly on their in-laps,” said Heidfeld, who qualified seventh, but will now start fifth. “Apparently they had no information that the qualifying was still going on. Before Turn Four I lost a lot of time because both McLarens were cruising on the racing line.

“I think this has cost me about two tenths of a second, which would have meant being third instead of seventh. I just couldn't drive on the line I wanted and, even more importantly, could not brake were I wanted.”

McLaren are not expected to appeal the decision, which means row two on the grid will now be formed by the Toyota of Jarno Trulli and BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica. Red Bull’s Mark Webber moves up to P6 to join Heidfeld on the third row, while Alonso moves up from P9 to P7.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I noticed that on the TV transmission, especially when Heidfeld found a mobile chicane in his way.

I also noticed that Hammilton kept on the racing trajectory after finishing, so I think that it is a good call from the stewards, the team should have made them aware that the qualifying was still on, and if they did then the pilots are the ones to blame.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A YouTube of the qualifying blocking as assigned by the steward of the course causing the 5 place grid penalty to the McLarens.

Speak'

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by internos

I noticed that on the TV transmission, especially when Heidfeld found a mobile chicane in his way.

I also noticed that Hammilton kept on the racing trajectory after finishing, so I think that it is a good call from the stewards, the team should have made them aware that the qualifying was still on, and if they did then the pilots are the ones to blame.

Absolutely, i agree.
The team should have reminded it to the drivers in the same moment it reminded them to slow down. Besides, Heidfeld was a direct opponent for the second row, in that moment. Anyway, the penalty is always for the drivers, in these cases. Heidfeld hasn't been unable to brake exactly where he had to, and he estimated to have lost 2/10 secs in that manoeuvre, and i trust him (not to mention the hazard).
Well, i hope that tomorrow at the start we'll see another show!

reply to post by SpeakEasyOne

Thanks for that clip:
it's interesting to see how one of the two McLarens leaves the race trajectory just after have been overtaken by Heidfeld: i didn't notice it before.

Provisional grid - Kovalainen, Hamilton, Nakajima drop

At least three drivers will drop from their original qualifying positions on the grid for Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix. McLaren’s Heikki Kovalainen and Lewis Hamilton both lose five places for impeding rival drivers in Q3, while Williams’ Kazuki Nakajima starts from the back after his ten-place penalty for a collision with BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica at the last round in Australia.

The full provisional grid is as follows (the final grid will be published as usual by the FIA on Sunday morning - we will bring you details of any additional changes):

www.formula1.com...

1. Felipe Massa, Ferrari
2. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari
3. Jarno Trulli, Toyota
4. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber
5. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber
6. Mark Webber, Red Bull
7. Fernando Alonso, Renault
8. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren
9. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren
10. Timo Glock, Toyota
11. Jenson Button, Honda
12. David Coulthard, Red Bull
13. Nelson Piquet, Renault
14. Rubens Barrichello, Honda
15. Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso
16. Nico Rosberg, Williams
17. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India
18. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso
19. Takuma Sato, Super Aguri
20. Adrian Sutil, Force India
21. Anthony Davidson, Super Aguri
22. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams

[edit on 22/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Raikkonen storms to victory in Malaysia

World champion Kimi Raikkonen takes a dominant win in Sepang,
finishing 19.5 seconds ahead of BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica.
Heikki Kovalainen is third for McLaren.
Toyota's Jarno Trulli is fourth ahead of Lewis McLaren in the second McLaren.
The remaining points go to BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld, Red Bull's Mark Webber and Renault's Fernando Alonso.

Photo courtesy: Reuters

2008 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX
http://www.formula1.com

DRIVER STANDINGS

CONSTRUCTOR STANDINGS

Photos courtesy: Afp

[edit on 23/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Mosely you nazi + a perv!

what a clown, BUSTED!

[edit on 31/3/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Well if your going to be involved in a sex scandal might as well make it a good one!

But it is the Nazi overtones of the session that have caught the headlines: some of the women involved wear Third Reich paraphernalia and Mosely is heard to speak in German during the session.

That is really screwed up!!

his father Oswald was a famous fascist and Nazi sympathiser who organised his own army of blackshirts to terrorise Jews in London's East End in the 1930s.

A little extra from the MonKey: That is why Tottenham Hotspur (spurs) play in white. They have strong jewish links and it was the (you guessed it) white shirts that kicked the crap outta those nazi wannabes. Or so I was told...

MonKey

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Max Mosley's scanda shouldn't affect F1 worrld, but so it goes.
If i would do the same, then perhaps no one in the world would have something to complain about: but since he's FIA # 1, of course this becomes a scandal.

I dislike the topics like this one: we're coming fron the worst year in F1 history: i admit that this is a big issue, but i'm interested in the races:

2008 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Race Date: 06 Apr 2008
Number of Laps: 57
Circuit Length: 5.412 km
Race Distance: 308.238 km
Lap Record: 1:30.252 - M Schumacher (2004)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Update
2008 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Friday Practice 1)

Update
2008 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Friday Practice 2)

[edit on 4/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Update
2008 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Saturday Practice)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Kubica gives BMW Sauber maiden pole in Bahrain

Felipe Massa has made the running here all weekend, but on Saturday he had to play second fiddle to Robert Kubica as the Pole grabbed the first pole position of his career, and the first for BMW Sauber.

When the chips were down in the final runs of Q3, Lewis Hamilton went to the top with 1m 33.292s for McLaren, but then Kubica banged in 1m 33.096s - even though he said his car was pulling to one side under braking - and when Massa came up short with 1m 33.123s, the dye was set, to the delight of the men from Munich and Hinwil. Their speeds, of course, could owe much to their respective fuel loads, but it was all great theatre.

Behind them, Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen just pipped fellow countryman, McLaren’s Heikki Kovalainen, for fourth, 1m 33.418s to 1m 33.488s, and again fuel loads may be a factor there.

www.formula1.com...

FIA confirms minimum lap time for qualifying

www.formula1.com...

Any driver deemed to be driving unnecessarily slowly during their out- or in-laps during qualifying, or during the reconnaissance laps for which the pit lane is open prior to the race, or in a manner which might endanger other drivers, will be reported to the stewards, the FIA have announced.

As far as Bahrain is concerned, this means cars leaving the pits will be timed between the second safety car line (50 metres before Turn One) and the first safety car line (after Turn 15), and any car exceeding a time of 1m 39s between these points will be deemed to have been driven unnecessarily slowly.

The move is designed to prevent drivers on flying qualifying laps being impeded by drivers travelling more slowly. It follows the five-place grid penalties handed to both McLaren drivers at the last round in Malaysia, where Heikki Kovalainen and Lewis Hamilton were judged to have hampered the progress of rivals.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Massa heads Ferrari one-two to revive title hopes

Photo courtesy: Afp

www.formula1.com...

Felipe Massa needed a win in Bahrain, and all weekend he looked like a man who had come to get it. When the red lights went out at the start, he lit off from the front row of the grid, and that was all she wrote as he dominated in style for Ferrari.

BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica lost second place to Kimi Raikkonen on the third lap, and from then on, pit stops apart, it was an easy one-two for Ferrari.

The start also set the pattern for McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton. He was very slow away, and ended the opening lap in 10th place. Then he clobbered the back of Fernando Alonso’s Renault, and the resultant pit stop for a new nose put him into a cycle of running a heavy fuel load in traffic for the rest of a frustrating afternoon in which he took only 13th place and lost his world championship points lead.

Driver's Championship

1 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 19
2 Nick Heidfeld BMW 16
3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 14
4 Robert Kubica BMW 14
5 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 14
6 Felipe Massa Ferrari 10
7 Jarno Trulli Toyota 8
8 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 7
9 Fernando Alonso Renault 6
10 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 4
11 Kazuki Nakajima Williams-Toyota 3
12 Sebastien Bourdais STR-Ferrari 2
13 David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 0
14 Timo Glock Toyota 0
15 Jenson Button Honda 0
16 Rubens Barrichello Honda 0
17 Nelsinho Piquet Renault 0
18 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India-Ferrari 0
19 Anthony Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 0
20 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 0
21 Adrian Sutil Force India-Ferrari 0
22 Sebastian Vettel STR-Ferrari 0

Constructor's Championship

1 BMW 30
2 Ferrari 29
3 McLaren-Mercedes 28
4 Williams-Toyota 10
5 Toyota 8
6 Renault 6
7 Red Bull-Renault 4
8 STR-Ferrari 2
9 Honda 0
10 Force India-Ferrari 0
11 Super Aguri-Honda 0

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2008

After an intense (and surprising) qualifying session, these were the results for today's race.

The surprises were Alonso on the first row (and with pole position for some 15 seconds, until Raikkonen beat the Spaniard's time by 0.091 seconds), the McLaren-Mercedes in fifth and sixth (Hamilton and Kovalainen) and (at least to me) the 12th place of Nakajima.

[edit on 27/4/2008 by ArMaP]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join