It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamster Prices Triple In China.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Hamster Prices Triple In China.

news.bbc.co.uk

Pet shop owners say stocks are running low - and prices high - as children clamour for a furry friend.

According to the Chinese media, prices have tripled to about 30 yuan ($4.20, £2.10) per hamster across the country.

In the Year of the Rat, this tiny creature has become the most acceptable rodent, a type of animal that is not everyone's first-choice pet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I live in very near to China and having traveled there many times I can say that the Chinese are not the most 'animal friendly' people on the planet.

I know that in London you are never more than X feet away from a rat and I would Imagine a lot of other big cities are the same. (New York?)

What is going to happen when China which is already a mass producer of germs, viruses and diseases becomes over run with these furry little pests.

China is not a clean place, people do not have a very high understanding of cleanliness or environmental hygiene. The whole damm country is a hamster/rat filthy paradise.

People will lose them and let them go and they will breed and breed and breed.

Could a popular pet cause the down fall of an empire?

Will the year of the rat become the age of the Hamster?

The last line of the BBC article really tickles me...

"Some could even be carrying the rabies virus"

MonKey

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I like the response by Monkey there but i have to wonder what this has to do with any conspiracy's discussed on this forum?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I hear the cost of hamsters have really impacted the Chinese restaurant business.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Damn it

This is terrible news.

Now how can I create my satanic hamster armada when they cost so much, grrrrrrrrr

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

It's quite obvious - the Illuminati have brainwashed everyone in China through state-run television and radio to go out and buy hamsters. The hamsters are loaded with a virus, that when they bite their owner, allows the hamster to transfer the virus. The ensuing infection will turn hamster owners into automated killbots, ready to invade the United States, and start World War III. This will set the stage ready for a one world government, leaving only the Illuminati, and maybe a few Masons, in control of everything.

It's very, very frightening.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nah, it's a conspiracy perpetrated by the Chinese government to promote an inferior pet that will sully the reputation of good rodentia everywhere: porcupines; rats; mice; squirrels; marmots; beavers; gophers; voles; hamsters; guinea pigs; agoutis.

Not to mention; capybara.

*Mmmmm, capybara...*

Hamsters make lousy pets!

They're not that bright, they're irritable and they bite.

Did I mention they're not that bright?

They are, in fact, rather stupid little animals.

Domesticated rats are much, much smarter, loving and very clean and tidy.

They can be trained to do tricks and come on command.

Guinea pigs are sweet natured and they have wonderful vocalization skills.

They actually recognize when you enter the room and call to you with a wonderful little happy noise.

And when you scratch them just so, they'll reward your attention with a funny little giggling noise.

Hamsters suck, and they bite.

Just ask Richard Gere.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My niece had one, it eventually lost teeth, got gray hair
and almost too big to crawl through the hole to its bed.
And died.

Life is tough for those Hamsters.

A nephew had one blue fish in a tall cylinder and eventually
got a nice tank with a few fish.

ED: Yeah, you disturb it to clean his house and it will bite.
Just like the Illuminati will when we kick them out, er clean house.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Nah, it's a conspiracy perpetrated by the Chinese government to promote an inferior pet that will sully the reputation of good rodentia everywhere:porcupines; rats; mice; squirrels; marmots; beavers; gophers; voles; hamsters; guinea pigs; agoutis.

Not to mention; capybara.

*Mmmmm, capybara...*

Hamsters make lousy pets!

They're not that bright, they're irritable and they bite.

Did I mention they're not that bright?

They are, in fact, rather stupid little animals.

Domesticated rats are much, much smarter, loving and very clean and tidy.

They can be trained to do tricks and come on command.

Guinea pigs are sweet natured and they have wonderful vocalization skills.

They actually recognize when you enter the room and call to you with a wonderful little happy noise.

And when you scratch them just so, they'll reward your attention with a funny little giggling noise.

Hamsters suck, and they bite.

Just ask Richard Gere.

So do you like hamsters?

Sorry I just had to

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Not like Richard Gere likes hamsters...

They make good snake food though, I think, I'll have to go ask motherofsquirrelkiller; she's got a couple of snakes.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

You forget to tell them the Illuminati will be told by John Lear to get the hamsters from the Greys who hid them in the WTC until the 9/11 diversion gave them time for the NWO to carry them out on the backs of the Chupacabras.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My first thought was they needed new fillings for the dumplins.There not aloud to use cardboard anymore you know.So chicken and hamster dumplins for everyone!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just checked with motherofsquirrelkiller, yep hamsters are a good treat for snakes.

But they smell funky if the snake isn't used to them, so you have to rub some mice on them so they'll smell familiar; to get the snake to take them.

Kind of like mouse basted, seasoned hamster treat.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is it so hard to imagine that a "spontaneous new disease" could appear just as SARS did 5 years ago and kill a lot of people.

BTW I think that SARS was released by the GOV (not sure which one though) this would give an excellent way to disperse a virus, a couple of dodgy hamster batches here and there... It would be really hard to trace as well. "I got them from some bloke called Wong."

And we all know there's a lot of wong numbers in the telephone book... The plot thickens arrrr BISTO!!

MonKey

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

I think they would be better of going for the old school plan of bat bombs.
Heres a wiki linken.wikipedia.org...
Heres a web site with morewww.failedsuccess.com.../weblog/comments/bat_bombs_world_war_ii/
Trying something as new as hamsters is to unreliable.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I once owned a hamster...
but i was cleaver.. I set a camera up to watch and make sure he wouldn't steal my socks.

I never expected to find out that hamsters are an inside job, but I did first hand.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

My brother in law works at a virology lab, he was sent to the Congo a few months ago during that ebola outbreak. In the past he's told me he would never keep a hamster as a pet for the very reason that they could potentially carry some disease in the future that could spread to humans. The virology labs themselves keep large numbers of hamsters to test different viruses on, among other animals.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Very cool information, JBA2848, I wasn't aware of such a plan, "bat bombs," fascinating, thanks for that!

But bats are not rodents, more specifically, bats aren't rats:

Bats may resemble rodents in many ways, but they are not rodents. In fact, there is recent evidence that bats may be more closely related to primates (which include humans) than to rodents.
Fish and Wildlife Service | Common Misconceptions About Bats

So if we wanted to give a flying rat for a pet/gift we'd have to go with the good ol' urban pigeon.

But they're not really rats either so I'm still going with the capybara; once the kids get tired of it, they can have it for dinner, with leftovers:

Capybaras are gentle and will usually allow humans to pet and hand-feed them. Capybara skin is tough, and thus in some areas where capybaras are wild, they are hunted for meat and their skin, which is turned into a high-quality leather, while some ranchers hunt them for fear of the competition for grazing. The meat is said to both look and taste like pork. The Capybara meat is dried and salted, then shredded and seasoned. Considered a delicacy, it is often served with rice and plantains.

During the Christian celebration of Lent, capybara meat is especially popular as the Catholic church, in a special dispensation, classified the animal as a fish in the 16th century.
Wikipedia | Capybara

Capybara: The other, other white meat.

But the Catholic church has deemed them to be a fish, so we're back to the conspiracy angle.

How can a rodent be a fish?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

But the Catholic church has deemed them to be a fish, so we're back to the conspiracy angle.

well maybe it was the only way to give the cat fish something to chase

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think I found the connection.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join