It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Stops Security Screening at Obama Rally

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This story is now the top headline in a big red font on Drudge Report. Hopefully, this horrible story will get the attention it deserves. George W. Bush inspired me to get involved in politics and register to vote. It was more like reverse-inspiration because I was so upset to see my country being ruined by a guy who couldn't even manage a baseball team. Now, that there is a glimmer of hope it is threatened by inadequate secret service protection. Sad.

[edit on 2/22/2008 by Rotoplooker]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
OMG! I just saw this at Drudge and came over. I cannot believe this.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Personally i think they put out this story to see the reaction, and whether anyone would try something.

Its probably nothing, but the people who put it out, probably got the right reaction from you guys. haha

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe the SS guys decided to cut early and went shopping for boots.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Wow...this is amazing...just...wow...

Then again...considering the cult of personality that Obama has built, people passing out at his rallies, people clapping when he sneezes(!), maybe there is no concern...

I wouldn't be looking at the White House as the boogeyman in this. Two people stand to gain if someone makes an attempt on Obama's life: Obama (if he survives) and Clinton (if he were to be assassinated).

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Stared and flag. Although I don’t have time for politics, this did blow me away. If any thing did happen, would the election be postponed? The reason I’m asking is, one thread popped right in to my head. The one by no one 178. He said something would happen to a candidate, to stall the election, I think he mentioned a plane involved. But what if that plan was scraped, in favour of an assassination

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Are you really surprised?? Obama has so many people that don't want him to suceed that they may be racing to see who get to him first. However, it won't matter who get to him it will be blamed on a red neck, registered republican, white guy with an assault rifle (even if he is hit with a club). I'm no fan of Obama but if something does happen to him we will see chaos in the streets and an opening for the haters out there to vent. NOT GOOD...NOT GOOD AT ALL!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Its not that Barack Obama is so inspiring... its that Hillary Clinton doesn't inspire at all.

You don't hear of 17,000 + people attending a Clinton rally do you?

They may, I don't know but the media doesn't report it if they do and that speaks volumes. It seems as if the tide is turning.

I have a gut level feeling that if something were to happen to Obama, and Hillary won the nomination by default (or if the super-delegates give it to her) McCain wouldn't so much as win, as she would lose.

Hillary Clinton is the status quo candidate from the Democratic party and people are sick and tired of the status quo.

If Obama wins the nomination THAT and only that will be the reason why.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by grover]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie1/9
However, it won't matter who get to him it will be blamed on a red neck, registered republican, white guy with an assault rifle (even if he is hit with a club). I'm no fan of Obama but if something does happen to him we will see chaos in the streets and an opening for the haters out there to vent. NOT GOOD...NOT GOOD AT ALL!

If you think Obama is a juggernaut now, imagine how it would be if someone makes an attempt on his life. Surviving the attempt, anyone who opposes him would be cast in the same lot as the would-be assassin. And, portrayed as an example of the deep racial divide, Obama would begin to claim he is the only one who can heal the racial-division in the country.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If he did get shot . All he would need is a rap song and he's a shoe in . Maybe he's really 2-pac in disguise. Now that man could take a bullet .

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Don't let these kinds of psy-ops fool you.

Obama is a major player in the disarmament of U.S. citizens

They're going to need him for a little while - and an attempted assassination would definitely help him rally support in pushing through bills like the global poverty act of 2007.

Watch your back! But most of all watch your mind

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yes, I agree... I don't want him to succeed. I think he is a closet communist with a warped sense of what America should be. His wife hinted at that the other day... She is only proud to be an American if things are going her way.

Having said that I don't think we should make a martyr out of him or give him sympathy over this story either.... He probably ordered the lax security anyway... There is a back story here that will come out...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace Frog
They're going to need him for a little while - and an attempted assassination would definitely help him rally support in pushing through bills like the global poverty act of 2007.

Okay, conspiracy theories and the like aside, I honestly think that Obama's people leaned on the Secret Service to do this, for appearance reasons. They wanted to get as many people in the arena as possible so they could have that awe-filled, fawning crowd at capacity before the speech. For no other reason than that. I don't think this originated with the Secret Service; if they had their druthers, they would have an empty arena.

I would not be surprised if this is the first time it happened, and this is just the first we are hearing about it.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Charlie1/9

registered republican, white guy with an assault rifle

HEY! I resemble that remark!

I do find it odd this made it to the MSM. Probably a couple of tired cops decided to spill the beans. Their can't be many higher ups too happy about the leak.

Wouldn't the timing of something horrific like this be better placed once the nominee is clear? You don't think the Clinton's would, uhm,..........Nah what am I saying?

Becker

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Clinton's have all to gain. Obama gets killed and Hillary gets the nomination for blaming it on the Republican government. I will not be Bush co that does anything. They know a pooh storm would be coming their way if anything happens to him. Now if he does win the Presidency and then he is killed, Thats another story.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
The Clinton's have all to gain. Obama gets killed and Hillary gets the nomination for blaming it on the Republican government. I will not be Bush co that does anything. They know a pooh storm would be coming their way if anything happens to him. Now if he does win the Presidency and then he is killed, Thats another story.

The Clintons have all to gain? Kind of. While she is in the loop of the NWO, she will just be another figurehead, quietly and stubbornly further their agenda, just as Bush has been doing for the last eight years. It will be Bush and co that "do it", they have already taken nuclear weapons for this mission. It will not be like JFKs death, ie 1 dead, one wounded. It will be a catostraphic event involving a dirty bomb going off and killing Obama along with thousands of others. Just another 9/11 false flag to rally the troops (no, the public) against the radical Islamic extremists that are so hell bent to get us. LOL. My opinion is that it will happen after Obama has the nomination. Hillary isn't sweating the nomination, she knows what is planned. Perhaps the plan will unfold in Denver at the DNC near the end or August. Get ready folks, we are nothing but a reality tv show cast for the government to direct.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Obama is assassinated

Bush declares state of emergency

Bush remains in power...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Looks like Obama is going to get it!

Look out Obama Look out

Good thing he is just a hologram

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

4) and of course there is one more final option that I feel must be considered... It is all BS and it is all propaganda. If you believe that Obama is just another CFR candidate and a part of the Elite, why would they remove him? Could it be more fear tactics or perhaps simply a way to distract people from what may really be going on behind the scenes?

I think this is the most likely. The story is DisInfo in my opinion. If Obama is a threat to the powers that be, wouldn't they just stop backing him? Possibly they could use an assassination attempt as a catalyst for his campaign.

This discussion also brings up an important point I would like to make. From what I can tell of many Obama supporters (not just ones on this site) I meet is that deep down, these people almost WANT Obama to be killed or almost killed. This would make Obama a martyr and would validate his campaign for "change".

If Obama died now he would be put on a pedestal as a crusader for change whose ideals were virtuous and right. But if he doesn't die, people will lose interest because Obama is not really for changing anything. He's just another politician who can convince anyone of anything. If he wins, everyone will figure that out.

Sorry for being cynical, but politicians are trash.
edit:grammers is suck

[edit on 22-2-2008 by DINSTAAR]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join