It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Where are you?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
You're a "Super Moderator"??? What a terrible example of leadership and moderation you have shown in your past few posts in this thread.

We are all human and susceptible to acting like humans. You can only poke someone in the eye with a stick so many times before that someone starts "poking back".

Lets all just cool down and try to see the situation from both sides.

Question:

When will the post search feature be replaced?

Answer:

As soon as possible we just need to find a suitable solution for a board of this size. It's difficult if not impossible to give you any timeline at this point. We will let the membership know the very second we know.

[edit on 2/29/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't think so, since "some" posted 4 insulting posts directed at me before I even made that statement.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

I don't think so, since "some" posted 4 insulting posts directed at me before I even made that statement.

Dude you have no idea how much I want the post function back. I would then be able to show you that you have been posting in this manner since day 1.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think these last few pages illustrate the OP's point better than anything.

:shk:

I miss the post button because it was the best way to keep up with threads when you have limited time and there are so many threads you want to track what a certain member added...

The down side to that feature is that stalking trolls could use it to hound a person on every post he made...

The weather has changed so put on a raincoat

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Intrepid,

First, you must have me confused with someone else.

Second, are you trying to tell me that the moderators or administrators can't search for posts by member name? You can say yes, but I'll find it very hard to believe.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

What are you trying to accomplish here? Are you trying to achieve martyrdom? Read Kinglizard's post above and move on, it's really not worth this ridiculous back and forth.

Peace

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

I'll say it: Yes, we can't search by member name at this point. And it makes things much more difficult. So we want it back probably more than you do.

Hence the irritation at your implication that there's some sort of ulterior motive in not bringing it back.

Obviously, you have some theory about why this function, is for some reason, deliberately being withheld from the membership. What do you think is going on? And you can say you don't have any particular theory, but I'll find that difficult to believe.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Read Kinglizard's post above and move on, it's really not worth this ridiculous back and forth.

Peace

I agree. I just need to have the last word. It's one of my many flaws.

So, if you and the rest of the mods can just let this die here, so can I.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think these last few pages illustrate the OP's point better than anything.

I couldn't agree more.

Yes, moderators are human and make mistakes. Yes, I am sure there are many members who drive moderators nuts. There are many ways a moderator can deal with irritating posters.. deduct points, warn, ban. But to go on off on a member by insulting them repeatedly is wrong. That the bad behaviour and insults came from someone who has "Super Moderator" status is very, very wrong. That two more "Super Moderators" plead "only human" and "calm down" when one of their own is challenged... is the very essence of what this entire thread is about.

ATS is an outstanding site. That it is offered freely too it's many members is unheard of, and is an example of how the internet can be a huge force of positive change in this world. But when members are ganged up on and insulted by any group on this forum, there is something wrong.

I believe that Moderators and Super Moderators are or should be held to a higher degree of leadership and moderation concerning all topics of discussion on ATS.

I came to this thread this morning hoping that there might be some good news concerning John Lear's return to ATS. I hope I am not retalliated against for simply asking if anyone knows of any new info on Lear's status regarding ATS.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, I was going to let this drop seeing DBS was willing to but, here we go again.

I couldn't agree more.

Yes, moderators are human and make mistakes. Yes, I am sure there are many members who drive moderators nuts.

You have NO idea.

There are many ways a moderator can deal with irritating posters.. deduct points, warn, ban. But to go on off on a member by insulting them repeatedly is wrong.

Sorry DBS, apparently we haven't treated you in the correct manner. I will be banning you forthwith. C'mon, that doesn't even make sense.

That the bad behaviour and insults came from someone who has "Super Moderator" status is very, very wrong. That two more "Super Moderators" plead "only human" and "calm down" when one of their own is challenged... is the very essence of what this entire thread is about.

Huh? I came in to clarify something that others have seeming turned a blind eye to, "it's all the bad moddies" though. From what I read of Doc and KL, they were just trying to put a chill on things. That's very wrong?

I believe that Moderators and Super Moderators are or should be held to a higher degree of leadership and moderation concerning all topics of discussion on ATS.

Actually we are. You can only be pushed so far sometimes though. And believe me, there's no end of those that need to take a swipe at either ATS or the staff. As I pointed out before, it gets tiresome. Personally I've been doing this for just under 4 years, over 10,000 hours, no that isn't a typo. Others have done the same and more, or less, due to their time constraints. That means that you have a direct investment in this venture that you have helped build, when it, or your fellow workers get CONTINUALLY bashed, sometimes some frustration is bound to seep out. Is that not logical?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I hope I am not retalliated against for simply asking if anyone knows of any new info on Lear's status regarding ATS.

Thank you for this perfect example to demonstrate what is going on in this thread. You stated that you came to this thread looking for new info on Lear's "return to ATS".

He's not gone.

The staff has said so many, many times and a few seconds of effort on your part would give you your answer.

I know.
You didn't see the staff answers right?
Completely Understandable.
This is a busy place.

So... if I tell you John Lear is a member of ATS with an active account and his last visit was TODAY Feb 29 (John Lear's Profile) and he is free to post, when and where he likes in the way he likes (within the T&C) would that be the end of your enquiry? For most people it would be.

Or (like certain people) would you keep badgering the staff for more details and "new info" on his "status regarding ATS" when the question has been answered over and over again?

Can't you see how that would be irritating (and quite frankly trollish behaviour) on your part?

Did I snap last night?

Hell yeah!

With good reason.

God forbid anybody should take the staff's side in something like this.

[edit on 2/29/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Without getting involved in everything else I will say the following.

A question was asked, "when is the post search feature coming back?"

An answer was given, "as soon as possible."

As far as I'm concerned it should end there.

As has been said repeatedly we, as staff, don't have the button either and that sucks, however we're not running around irresponsibly claiming that there are some ulterior motive to its disappearance. Why? Because it's not true. What in the world do you think is accomplished by SO removing the feature? The posts are all still there, it's just slightly harder to find for the time being. Accept that and move on with your life instead of turning this into a multiple page argument that is so mind-numbingly ridiculous it makes me wonder if the whole thing is a joke.

The feature is disabled. It'll be back as soon as possible. What else do you want?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

So... if I tell you John Lear is a member of ATS with an active account and his last visit was TODAY Feb 29 (John Lear's Profile) and he is free to post, when and where he likes in the way he likes (within the T&C) would that be the end of your enquiry? For most people it would be.

I did not know that. Thank you for the information. And yes, now that I know JL can post if he would like to, that will be the end of my asking about his status.

Can't you see how that would be irritating (and quite frankly trollish behaviour) on your part?

Oh
You did NOT just call me a troll
Thanks for proving my point about personal attacks and unprofessional behaviour from senior staff who should know better.

Hey, I like moderators... I even admire some. I salute the time and devotion they spend keeping this site in top "inspection ready" condition. So if you want to insult me for pointing out that YOU were out of line last night... then so be it. I accept your insult with grace and honor knowing that I stood on the side of what was I thought was/is right.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Oh
You did NOT just call me a troll
Thanks for proving my point about personal attacks and unprofessional behaviour from senior staff who should know better.

Uh... no I didn't.

Read it again and focus on the words "would be" in context of the previous paragraph.

Again, thank you for demonstraing a point.

This one being that sometimes some people see what they want to see.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have another question.

Can moderators be put on the ignore list?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And with that final jab this thread has outlived it's usefulness and only contributes to hard feelings and negativity.

If there are any further honest questions please feel free to send them via the complaint/suggestions feature and they will also be answered to our best ability.

I am very sorry that no understanding could be reached.

Thread Closed

[edit on 2/29/2008 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join