It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call Of Duty 4 Gamers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You think the PS3 version is more difficult than the Xbox 360 vers?

I just got my xbox repaired and made lvl 23 Master Gunnery Sergeant in the last couple of days..

Yep I do, perhaps because I find the controller easier to hold and gameplay does seem to have a better flow. I find my kills are a lot easier to get on Live than on PSN. Wonder why that is.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I play CoD4 on the PC. I just got it within the last week. I'm addicted to it.

My name is thinkpol

I have a question for CoD4 PC players - on your multiplayer stats, have you ever logged off and when you got back on some of your XP that you gained the last time you played was gone? And any weapons or challenges you got/completed was gone as well?

If so, why does it do that? Its happened to me like 4 times already and its really irritating me. Its always when I get a weapon I like, complete a difficult challenge or get a lot of kills in a game. I'm not really too good at the game yet so getting these things are a big deal to me and losing them really sucks.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

If so, why does it do that?

Weird. I play on the 360 and have never had that issue.

I'm up to lvl 43 Brigadier General!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Im am freaking great at this Game...

My Gt is TKainZero

But, its not active right now...

I am playing on my biddies account..

HoneyBucket33

Add me... you will not lose... its just me and my AK-47...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I will have to loook for you TK! I like to play Team Death Match and Headquarters.

I seem to be pretty average but that's expected considering I just started playing a couple weeks ago...

Some rounds I'll slaughter folks and other rounds I get wasted...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Lol... I'm addicted. I'll be a (2 star) Major-General tonight...

QUESTION for those who have gone on to prestige mode:

What level prestige are you and how long did it take you to get there?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anyone want to vote on a "clan tag" for BTS members??

Should our clan name be bts or ats?? any other ideas?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
After MANY MANY PAINFUL weeks of playing, i finnaly got my Golden AK-47... But my 360 died, and its being shipped back...

Getting 150 headshots with the guns is INSANLY difficult... heres the list on HARDest to get headhsots with...

1. MP44- terrible sights... its a struggle to get 1-2 headshots a game...
2. G3- Single shot, good for Hardcore
3. M14- Single shot, can be effetice for right person
4. AK-47, inacurete, and bullets Do TONS of dammage
5. M4- Low damage, good acuracy
6. G36C- Good all-around- full-auto, more poweful then M4, more accurete then AK
7. M16 - The 3-round burst makes head shots super easy..

I love my AK-47 though... You just DROP people with it from medium range in... 1-2 shots, and its over...

With my golden kelechinkov i played about a dozen or so games... i love that gun... then my xbox died...

Now, i want to let you all know of a couple set-ups that you might fine help-ful...

The M-14 to most people is an UNSUABLE gun, but i found a set-up that is PERFECT for special ops..

You take the M-14, and add the Silencer, then put on a UAV jammer and Dead silence... The Gun will drop people from short-medium range in 2 shots, and they can walk right by you without ever knowing you are there...

In any game-type, this setup is DEVISTATING if used correctly, you are a monster... no one can touch you if you play right... then depending on the level, you can pick up a sniper, or smg as your 2nd weapon, and you are a special ops-god...

WIth the silencer, when you shoot, they dont see you on radar, or hear the shot
The Jammer stops EVEN UAVs from seeing you
And dead silence gives you the ability to walk around and not make a noise, to drop C4 on a bunch of people sniping, or take them all out quick... This setup is for real, but not for everyone...

You need some discipline...

I discovered it while getting headshots for the M14

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You take the M-14, and add the Silencer, then put on a UAV jammer and Dead silence... The Gun will drop people from short-medium range in 2 shots, and they can walk right by you without ever knowing you are there...

I dunno if I have the M-14 yet (I started over on prestige), but I have the same "stealth setup" for the M-4 Carbine. I'm sure its better with the M-14.

Sorry to hear about the your 360 TK. Mine also went belly up and had to be sent in (back in june). I swear we will be part of a class action lawsuit in the future.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I think 90% of all 360's have been sent back, at least once...

I am not a fan of the M-4... too weak... If i want fully auto, ill go with my Golden AK...

The M-14 is WICKED...

It drops in 2-3 shots... its WICKED... its not easy to use... but its DEADLY...

There are a 100 diffrent setups for the M4... the M14 has basicly now... the gun stinks, is SUPER loud, and the single shot is not as nice as fully auto....

But if you want to be a stealth master, this is the Gun...

I could break it down, Range, Damage, and everything, but if you try it out, it might fit your style..

This isnt a set-up to Run around, and win fire-fights, this is a set-up to be SNEAKY... VERY VERY SNEAKY... people will litertly WALK RIGHT BY YOU...

So ill break it down, simply...

Putting a Silencer on a SMG is effective at VERY close range to close range ONLY, any target more then 10 feet away is out of range...

Putting a silencer on a Assult Rifle is good. But, the silencer takes down about 20% of the range... and, when adding the Jammer, you take away some damage too...

The M-16 with Silencer and UAV jammer, is nice, takes 3-6 shots to take someone down, at medium range

The m4 takes more shots then the M-16, and is fully auto, which can work both ways...

The AK-47 used to be my favorite silenced weapon, packs a HUGE punch, but the Range is Realy hurt... the AK as it is, has poor range to begin with, with the silencer, it drops to a near SMG range...

That Brings me to the M14...
Its a single shot, meaning, you need to take your time shooting...
The Range on the gun is excelent, with a scope, its a sniper
The power is uncomparable

So, even when adding the silencer, and a UAV jammer, you dont lose much on the gun... except a LOUD bang, and a littler range.

With 2 shots, you make people drop... you are a Stealth soilder...

There have been games where i am behind enemy lines, and they just keep spawning around me, but can't find me...

Nothing is more chaotic then being spawn killed by someone you cant see on radar, or hear where the shots come from... the only thing that can save them is seeing where the bullets came from, and since, you only need to shoot 2 bullets, it doesnt give them much chance...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I have a friend who just sent his 3rd 360 in for repairs. I told him that's ridiculous and he knows. It's frustrating.

As for the M-14 I will have to try that setup... I think I recently unlocked that gun again (I'm like level 28 on my first prestige). I will have to try that setup!
You're right... the M4 isn't powerful enough to do the job.

What do you think of my idea for a BTS "clan name?" That way all ATS/BTS members who play COD4 would have the same clan name.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Try the set-up, be SUPER stealthy, but not timid.

the 1st perk is whatever you want.
UAV jammer
Dead Silence

As for the clan, it would have to be (ATS) and then mabye a symobl if we want.

When were smashed, we can play at (DATS) or (DBTS)...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Ugh I don't get the M14 till level 43..

But I ditched the M4 Carbine in favor of a silent setup with the mini AK-47. Seems to pack more punch than the M4.

I changed my clan name to ATS.

Here are the prestige ranks if anyone wants to choose an icon to work for. Let me know and I'll stop when I get to lvl 55 of that prestige. I think #2, #4, #8, and #10 look best.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nephratari is my name just about everywhere lol. sometimes just Nephy.

I have COD4 for the PC however I do not play it on MY pc because its an outdated dinosaur that screams and hides behind my desk when I approach it with anything NEW.

The hubbies pc is uber though so I play it occassionally on his when i get the chance and feel like it.

I really need to build a new pc soon. I will be very distraught if Diablo3 comes out and I can't play it because my pc has a fainting spell. :shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Kristus015

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Infamous Pie, im up for some rapeage

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For PS3...

I am [NOV5]PerfectEnemy123

play me in a cage match...I will romp all over you. Hehe

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just so you all know, last night I went ahead and changed my clan tag (PS3) to ATS

I am not [ATS]Perfectenemy123

Hope you all like getting shot in the head!

I dont take the shot unless its a head shot!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have to say.. Call of Duty 4 is by far the best game I've ever played.(ps3 version)

I got to the final level of the prestige mode, which is level 55-yellow cross. But what's killing me the most, is that I probably won't be able to get the golden ak-47 before the new COD comes out. Too many damn headshots to complete:bash:

World at War is gonna be amazing. Imagine what it will be like playing a completely different theme(WW2) using the same engine as COD4?
I can't F'N wait :w:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anyone still online playing COD4?

My xbox 360 gt is IMPERIAL ELITE

Add me. I'm pretty decent at runnin and gunnin..

Didn't seem like there was much interest in forming an ATS clan... So I'm going to probably join this other one called CNP (cheaters never prosper).

If anyone is interested add me to your friends on xbox or send me a u2u.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join