It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Browser Toolbar...I made one and it works!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Any news on this toolbar? Are the amigos considering making this an official ats tool? Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was thinking the same.

I'm very surprised indeed that we aint had any comments from either of the amigos on this one.

Somewhat odd I think.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Sick man!

Can you make one for safari? I don't use mozilla or IE...

Don't hate on us mac users

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Nope, no news yet, even u2u with no reply. I have a feeling I may have insulted someone without asking permission to go make it....although I have stuck to my guns and have NOT shared it with one soul, either way, its all quiet on the western front.

Many a times when I posted images, I thought I would get banned, however came back on to see applauses....but no mention from Skeptic, Springer or Simon.

Anyway, so far the Toolbar is nearly complete - without any awesome _javascript because IE won't use it for some reason...if i get going, I can add so much stuff... such as the u2u msg box in IE, and other ...secret stuff *smile*

Safari... well Unless I can find a toolbar design program for Mac on Windows, then i can try convert it, however, having problems converting to FireFox as it is!!

Thanks for the updates. (ps, had to uninstall toolbar, something is making it unstable at the moment, so trying to remove artifacts, like pointing to old logos, or scripts that aren't used, hoping this will clear it uo)

Ok back to it

Thx

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Personally, it might be a good sign that you haven't heard from them. If it's good enough for their consideration, I can't imagine that they would rush to a hasty answer. I would imagine that many things have to be considered. So, personally I would take it as a good sign.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

although I have stuck to my guns and have NOT shared it with one soul...

Although some members ideas have indeed been implemented in the past,
I'm pretty sure SO doesn't like folks mucking with his code.

I'd suggest keeping your 'guns' in your holster, until you hear something official, mate.

Also, this thread -

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

is probably the best place for this kind of suggestion.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
JBird,

I have mentioned it in the Suggestion thread, no responses though..

Also, there's no code alteration at all from what you seemed to be concerned about, The code if it were to be changed, would be the cached browser code, not from the server (impossible for what the toolbar is designed for)....the HTML from the website is the way it has been written, so no actual mucking about on that level.

With regards to the cached browser code, there's a free plugin for FireFox called GreaseMonkey which I have been using to test other types of functions on other sites, the scripts are supplied for free on many support sites and I've began to make my own with it too, its simple EyeCandy type functions that interest me, and thats what GreaseMonkey is designed for really. In actual functionality, this type of function has no affect on the website what so ever, the browser acts normally requesting information and sending back data, again to make it clear, there's no actual change of code on a server level.

Thanks for replying though, as I think others may be thinking the same thing, I should have made it clearer instead of assuming

Thx

[edit on 26/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Just so you know, I am sending all my positive energy your way, in hopes that, the 3 Amigos will support and approve this idea of yours. I see it making a dramatic improvement in the way that we browse ATS. Seems so much more convenient. I like it very much.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Sorry for taking so long to get to this, we've been traveling and working hard on a huge new project involving ATS MIX.

While I personally like this idea, there's no way we can have an "official ATS Tool Bar" or even "officially" sanction/endorse one.

With all the paranoid, utterly FALSE crap that has been said about ATS (usually by people who are green with envy over the success ATS has enjoyed or people who weren't mature enough to "get" the rules and got banned) the last thing we want is something that those who don't understand code will believe has the possibility of gaining access to someone's computer or the ability to track someone's surfing (even though the abilities would only be perceived as real versus being real) to give the disgruntled and or mentally unstable more ammo.

It just becomes a time sync dealing with these type and it's frankly not worth it. Look at how often the "IS ATS A DISINFO SITE?" threads get started here and you'll see what I mean.

Sad as it is, that's the bottom line.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Springer, I was totally blind to the tracking habits capable of IE and Mozilla toolbars, rest assured, even if the ATS Toolbar was created and used, I'm sure the standard Torrent Toolbars and what not probably already do this!

But you've definately brought up a good point, again something I never thought of, if it were ever to be reconsidered, prehaps stipulate what you've stated as member discretion and use at own risk. Its not forced, if people don't want it, then they don't have to have it! Thats all I can come up with in that regard, but anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to the thread, it has shed some more light on possibilities by other toolbars IMO (Such as torrent toolbars), perhaps a traffic/packet sniff of the toolbars available will give indication of what may be happening in that regard!

Thanks again

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Would there be a problem with us having this toolbar, as a personal choice? Is there any problem with ImaMarty creating them for those that ask?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

No problem at all that I can think of.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good call, Springer.

Can I place an order please Marty?

cheers buddy.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks Springer,
That being said;
ImaMarty, may I have one?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
W00t! Ok so there it is..the go ahead!

I would like it if we can follow a procedure for this, I hope you don't mind. I would like to send the link to the download via u2u and not posted publically if thats OK...

Now first things first, because the Toolbar is in 'not registered' mode, meaning as I haven't paid for full version of the program, it will only allow you to enter in ONE version of the toolbar if made by that particular software.

Second because of this unregistered feature, and the fact that its a toolbar (not signed toolbar), ad-aware and other anti-adware type programs detect the toolbar as adware/spyware under the 'Softomate Toolbar' category. Softomate is the company that makes the toolbar program. I am going to alter the default installation path as this seems to affect the detection process too.

Third, if IE crashes (FireFox not ready yet), I'm NOT responsible, as I said, I've had some crash issues, and will try iron them out before i post by removing artifacts (pointing to old logos and scripts that are no longer included).

Fourth, If you really like it, and want to alter it, learn how to script and re-design it, by all means, let me know and I'll send you the "CAB" file which is the format that Softomate Toolbar loads the toolbar into its software.

Other than that, give me a few hours, and I will setup a download, but again u2u me for download location

THx

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by sizzle

No problem at all that I can think of.

Springer...

All you have to do is post a picture of Annette Funicello and Springer turns to goo.

Note: this may be my last post as a moderator.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

M-I-C- see ya around Dr. Love, K-E-Y- Why? Because I'm gonna WHACK YA!

PEACE...

Springer...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Toolbar is ready for download,

Please u2u for download page

Thx

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I am not tech guru but your tool bar is very good and very professional looking.

You most have a very interesting job to be able to create this type of things.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hey there,

No, i don't have an interesting job in that sense - but I do have a cool job ,full time father

Also to note, the new download has FIREFOX working *yayaa* and i found out why _javascript never worked on my IE, *i disabled it in IE options a while back* lol.

So...new versions of toolbar out later, maybe a few weeks, with soime funky VBscripting that loads msgboxes of rnew u2u's and all that jazz

Okies u2u me for download page

Thx

<< 1    3 >>

join