It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a government funded damage control outlet/COINTELPRO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I ran into an article online stating that this is indeed the fact.It is a long read, but definitely a worthwhile read.

I did a trace route on www.abovetopsecret.com... the Node Name is listed and maintained by the government. IP Address
Node Name
Gov-bb21-lan-14
Gov-bb22-lan-15
Gov-bb23-lan-16
MS
Network Used
whois.nic.mil (for military network information)

It was difficult to get the IP Address, It was spoofed and looped over 9 times. Anyway Langley, Virginia is where the CIA headquarters is. I?m more than concerned.

It also alleges that "Simon Grey" may be Christian Bailey AKA Jozefowicz and makes a case for the allegation.

This is certainly an interesting article, and one that every member of ATS should read and weigh in their own mind.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If this is the one I'm thinking of, did you happen to notice anything odd about it? Oh, say a DATE? Something like April 1st? This was an APRIL FOOLS PRANK that went way beyond what was planned.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The person who used that post to create a series of errant claims about us didn't take two import factors into account:

1) The IP address presented isn't a valid IP

2) The post mentioning this was an April Fools post on BTS... posted on April 1st.

There's a wealth of false information out there, much of it inspired by the one obviously prank post on April Fools day. It's not difficult at all to discover what is incorrect, and what is not.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The person who used that post to create a series of errant claims about us didn't take two import factors into account:

1) The IP address presented isn't a valid IP

2) The post mentioning this was an April Fools post on BTS... posted on April 1st.

I don't envy your job Sir.

Keeping everyone's perceptions of everything in tact is a difficult task I must say.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

Strange. I'm not saying it's impossible, and I have occasionally wondered about the utility of such a service to intelligence agencies. At the same time, I don't get the same results as you. It seems that the primary IP for abovetopsecret.com is 75.126.76.151. I don't seem to get any government IPs onthe tracert. I'd prefer not to post the route I do get to preserve whatever of my own privacy I have, but can you provide some more information for validation? My initial check seems to contradict your assessment. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

As SO and I said, the only reason that that is on there is because that was posted on BTS as an April Fools Day joke that went way beyond what was planned. Someone found it and ran with it, and suddenly ATS is CIA/COINTELPRO and that's the "proof".

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

This isn't my article or research,just something that I found of interest.The article is dated a year ago or so,so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that IP info could have changed.A real life friend of mine sent me a link to this article when I was talking to him about enjoying ATS/ reading the above network.

It certainly horrified me to read this artcicle, did you read the entire article? I know it is lengthy, but it had some interesting theories about the true identity of Simon Gray.

Lincoln group defended the planting of stories and the company has emphasised that none of them were factually incorrect. “By not speaking through the local media, the coalition would allow a vacuum for rumours and untruths perpetrated by the insurgents’ thuggery and threats,” a spokesman said. LIFE AND WORK November 28, 1975: Born Christian Jozefowicz, Kingston upon Thames

1987-94: Attends the fee-paying Royal Grammar School, Guildford

1993-94: Listed on electoral roll as Christian Jozefowicz-Seifert

1994-97: Obtains a 2:1 in economics and management from Lincoln College, Oxford. While at university, runs Linck Ltd. [Registers the domain: AboveTopSecret.com]

October 1998: Founds Linck Corporate Finance under the name of Christian Bailey. Fails to declare previous surname or other directorship

[Blank page on AboveTopSecret.com for all of 1998]

1999: Moves to America

[Launches AboveTopSecret.com Begins actively promoting the site, attracting members, creating an effective disinfo vector to use in his future sales presentations.]

2003: Co-founds Lincoln Group, now subject to investigation into planting of US military propaganda in Iraqi newspapers

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It certainly horrified me to read this artcicle, did you read the entire article? I know it is lengthy, but it had some interesting theories about the true identity of Simon Gray.

Link please.

How can ATS be CoIntelPro? ATS is largely user generated. Unless the majority of people who post at ATS are CIA, the content should still be somewhat valid. I am not saying that it is factual, because many issues discussed on ATS are..... uh.... conspiracy theories, but since the content is user generated, and topics (within reason) aren't censored. These theories always attract like minded people and people that object to the theory, people who challenge the theory. The discussion is generated by users, whether they be disinfo agents or students or professional people.

Who cares if the CIA runs ATS? The CIA does not censor the content I write, and the CIA cannot force me to believe what I read. In fact, the best ATS-ers are very skeptical. If the CIA were to post anything directly, it would likely get torn apart by people like me.... or someone else who likes a stimulating discussion.

Lets assume, for a moment, that the CIA or the Air Force Cyber-warfare Dept, runs and monitors ATS..... this means we must be on the right track. In fact, that would imply that they are afraid of user generated content, and seek to destroy/influence it.

Rules to live by on ATS
1. Don't believe everything you read
2. (politely) Challenge everything you hear and believe. Open Minded-ness and skepticism are not mutually exclusive.
3. Don't be rude to the people that make this site work. Obviously you enjoy being on ATS, don't ruin it
4. Anyone named DINSTAAR is a half-alien half-human transgenic clone of JFK who is employed by the CIA to spy on YOU!
5. Respect eachother
6. Don't swear
7. People that live in glass houses sink ships in the kitchen.
8. Pants.... optional(unless you have a webcam.... this is a family site.)
9. SkepticOverlord is also a half-alien half-human transgenic clone of JFK who is employed by the CIA to spy on YOU!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just one question:

As the contents of ATS is coming from you (user generated content), are you involved in the conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

It certainly horrified me to read this artcicle, did you read the entire article?

Um, you didnt link the article, so nobody can read it.

Ive only been here a few months and this topic comes up almost every week
I guess if people are so paranoid, they can choose to not log on and participate

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

As the contents of ATS is coming from you (user generated content), are you involved in the conspiracy?

answer...

4. Anyone named DINSTAAR is a half-alien half-human transgenic clone of JFK who is employed by the CIA to spy on YOU!

Rule 10: One must have a sense of humor at ATS.

Or I could be using humor to cover up my true intentions while telling exactly what I am doing. Or I could be using the previous sentence to tap into the paranoia some people have on this site, and exploit it for the sake of humor. Or not.

edit: quote thingy messed up

[edit on 17-2-2008 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

We are very well aware of who you are and what you stand for. We´ve been watching you.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oh wow! This is an interesting question, and one that no one has ever asked!

I wonder if it's true? *

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This topic has been covered countless times.

Please add your comments to the existing open thread for the discussion of this topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join