It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best conspiracy movie ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Looking to rent a movie or 2 over the weekend and want to learn more about secret societies. What should i rent? Also what is the best all time any conspiracy topic movie?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Good Shepard w/ Damon and De Niro was pretty interesting. Its not really a conspiracy-type but its an interesting perspective on the CIA.. however, i don't know how accurate it is.

its looong.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I know this may sound lame, but "National Treasury" with nicolas cage is pretty neat, and good for the whole family.

But if you are looking for a full scale conspiracy alarmist view Alex Jones End-Game is pretty intrigueing.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

i did enjoy that one but was not sure of the accuracy. Is the second one any good or more accurat?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NexGenRevolution

Was good and as you said long. Started losing a little interest at the end. I'm surprised no one seems to have ever done an in depth movie on the illuminate conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
my absolute favorite conspiracy-themed movie is called "Land of the Blind"

www.imdb.com...

i cant believe it has less than 9.0 on imdb.. but then again, I can believe it.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They Live......hands down!

Besides being way ahead of it's time, the depth of character Rowdy Roddy Piper was able to achieve with no acting experience was incredible.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok this is what i was hopeing for. I would have never found those and they look great. Has anyone seen Behind closed doors?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
They Live......hands down!

Besides being way ahead of it's time, the depth of character Rowdy Roddy Piper was able to achieve with no acting experience was incredible.

Peace

I second that! Especially since later learning that the famous Abbie Hoffman Glasses used were for recognition of Dr Albert Hofmann - creator of lysergic acid diethylamide, which gave a new sort of twist at the intentions of the movie - psychadelic in nature.

Also maybe 'Philedelphia Experiment' the old one, that was good.

However one of my all time favourites - was 'Enemy of the State' with Will Smith.

Also "The Insider" with Russell Crowe - based on cigarette conspiracies..

Manchurian Candidate - the 1960's and also recent with Denzel Washington. The 1960's version was very well made.

Conspiracy Theory - With Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts

The Man Who Knew Too Much - Alfred Hitchcock

The Game - with Michael Douglas (Seen it so many times)

Arlington Road - Based on Terrorism

The Arrival - Cheesy, but I liked it

Cypher - About Mind Control - with Lucy Lui

Thats all for now

Thx

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I liked "Conspiracy Theory"... I think my fav would be "2001: A space Odyssey".

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Now thats a list thanks, hopefully others can enjoy a few of these also. Thanks for taking the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'd like to add in 'minority report" and V for Vendetta" both were very good movies.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I notice alot of movies are close with elaborate plans and excellent thrills, i am surprised however that rarely does it seem any of the bigger theories are ever turned into movies. Someone should get Spielberg on these threads. Maybe "The Dulce Project" starring Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie. Small town girl gets sucked into the underworld, excapes and is on the run. I'd watch it.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I reckon the best movie I've seen in a while was "Arlington Road".
Kept me on the edge of my seat with every new scene...
And the ending was AMAZING.

Even though it's not a new movie, I've only seen it recently for the first time. Love it, love it, love it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I thought Capricorn 1 was pretty good.

And

Enemy Of The State.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Anyone remember ''The Boys from Brazil''? It was about a plot to breed a new Hitler by using clones and having them experience the same type of upbringing that he did.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I liked,"JFK".

The bit with the Zapruder (hope the spellings right,) film was really intense.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

...back, and to the left...back, and to the left...
Haha, yes, I thought it was a good film as well. Whether there is any truth to it, I don't know. Probably some.
I was thinking of the movie Count of Monte Cristo. The conspiracy being to imprison the hero and steal his girl. Hmmm, not really what you are looking for, but a good movie nonetheless!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I also liked Conspiracy Theory - With Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts

I hear good things about The China Syndrome - with Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas. This is a sampling of what I heard: The chinese run in to save the plant from exploding but get shot by a swat team hired by the corporation. That is cool.

Other conspiracy movies

Crop Circle - with Mel Gibson
The Matrix - with Keanu Reeves
Apocalypse now - with Marlon Brando and Martin Sheen
V for Vendetta
Vanilla Sky - with Tom Cruise
Shadow of the moon - with Buzz Aldrin

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Based on the classic by George Orwell - 1984

Be sure to have read the book first though of course for full enjoyment

new topics