Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Best conspiracy movie ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Do you mean 'Signs' with Mel Gibson (As opposed to Crop Circle). I haven't heard of a movie titled like that..

Thx

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I would have to say that I really enjoyed the Bourne trilogy... shows some definite possibilities if not actual capabilities that the government posess...
Also, check out "Code 46", nice futuristic views in this one, "Big Brother Program" type film i guess...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by StoneGarden

Nice call on Bourne did'nt think of those although have'nt seen the last one yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Best conspiracy movie I have ever seen is called 'Conspiracy Theory'.

It's got a real good plot line, and several good twists. It's rather funny too.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
'Conspiracy Theory' with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts is a pretty good one. It even has Patrick Stewart of Star Trek:TNG in it as 'the bad guy'.
Then there was 'X-Files: Fight The Future' with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in it. And 'All The President's Men' is a great movie as well. There are other movies that are at least as good, if not better than the three I've mentioned in this post.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would like to recommend a film from the 70's, called "The Parallax View", with Warren Beatty. If you want a film that encompasses secret societies and mind control, among other things, then this is a great film to watch; some of the visuals in this movie are totally mind blowing. Check it out.

BTW, I loved "They Live". Roddy Piper was great! "I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all out of bubblegum." Gotta love dialogue like that, right?

[edit on 2/19/2008 by Stormrider]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I was shocked no one mention "The Insider". It's about the tobacco company controling the media from above.
That's my one of favorite.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by bscale]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Anyone remember ''The Boys from Brazil''? It was about a plot to breed a new Hitler by using clones and having them experience the same type of upbringing that he did.

One of my favorite movies.
Got it on DVD. Great cast too, Olivier, Peck, Mason, etc...

Nice choice.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
China Syndrome has nothing to do with Chinese military. A hell of a movie about a nuclear reactor meltdown but there is no chinese military involved.

They Live is a classic. There's a fight scene in an alley that seems to last about 45 minutes. It's hysterical.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
All The President's Men

A conspiracy that was actually exposed! About the Watergate scandal. Not only is it the best conspiracy film made, it's possibly the best film made as well (probably in my top 5, they just don't make 'em like this anymore).

Originally posted by Dr Love
They Live......hands down!

You know it!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I did like the movies in the list that I have seen, and I picked up a few for my "watch" list.

Gattaca Follows a man (Ethan Hawke) trying to have a chance in a big brother class based society where your place is determined by genetics.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

An older conspiracy movie is "The Parallax View" (1974)

www.imdb.com...

It opens up with an assassination of a politician, and has a Warren Commission type of hearing. Warren Beatty plays a reporter who was there at the time of the assassination. Someone has seen something they weren't supposed to see, and we do not know what or who it was. A good movie that parallels the movie "JFK" in its thinking.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I agree, The Parallax View is a terrific movie.
The montage of course, leaves one pondering the idea of
Patriotism, self-positioning in society and what one really
wants out of their life.

The feeling of loss when one discovers that the people
that we elect can be corrupt and use their powers to
cover up such corruptness, stayed with me for a long time.

Of course, it's all fictional and just designed to entertain
the viewers... wasn't it?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by A boy in a dress]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Dark city...

Thank you for smoking (not really conspiracy, but a good insight)

13th floor

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There is a movie, and I'm reluctant to bring it up.
It involves treachury, lies, deceit and using somebody's
maternal instincts. The movie can make one smile, but
at the same time, leave one with an aching heart...
...Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Horne.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Equilibrium with taye Diggs and Christian Bale is a good one to watch. Futuristic but makes you think it could happen.
Vantage Point is a good one as well. Its 7 views of a presidential assassination but wow its awesome. Dennis Quaid, Sigourney Weaver.
But the best one of all is EAGLE EYE. Shia Labeouf (sp?) is tracked by the gov and the constitution is brought up a couple of times. Billy Bob Thorton is in it as well.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm a Marty's suggestions are certainly a great list of conspiracy-minded movies...

I have to add "Sneakers" with Dan Aykroyd.....and another Aykroyd flick, Spies Like Us...(a comedy, but still some great insight)...

If you ever get to see The Secret Life of Ian Flemming, it's pretty good too (can't recall, but I think Sean Connery's son played Ian)....

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

It is interesting that the movie "The Parallax View" starts and ends with the very same Warren type commission saying the exact same statement for both cases. I would bet the movie inspired Oliver Stone to make "JFK".

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i'm surprised no one's mentioned Network yet!

...that movie is SO TRUE IT HURTS!!!

...basically about the truth of the mainstream media, and how we all need to wake up about what's going on!

You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddammit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the _ Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

...how true it is...

EDIT: i couldn't resist quoting more!

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it! Is that clear? You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case! The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels. It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU...WILL...ATONE!

Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those *are* the nations of the world today. What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that . . . perfect world . . . in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality. One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Not the best ever but 'Capricorn One' was a good one on the faking of the moon landing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join