It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X hidden on other side of the Sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How do we know there isnt a sister planet of Earth on the other side of the sun?

Maybe it orbits at the same speed as Earth so it remains hidden behind the Sun.

That would be nuts if a hidden planet has been just around the corner this whole time.
And maybe it does orbit a little faster (or slower) but not much, it may take over 3 thousand years just to re-reveal itself from behind the sun.

Im just saying, has this been investigated?
Seems to me the only way to know for sure is to send a satelite in space and point a telescope back to Earth at precisly the right angle.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, I`d have to bring up the point that there are many other angles in outter space that Nasa and such have telescopes that I`m sure would have picked up on it. The space station, the moon, and countless sattelites are up there and could see anything right behind the sun even if it were impossible to see from Earth.

Your method of thinking is interesting however and I would like to ask you, How do we know there isn`t another Earth just behind the moon, but it is invisible?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

Im just wandering if the space station, moon or Hubble are out far enough to see around the Sun.

I cant do the math, but if there were another planet in our same orbit directly behind the sun how far out from Earth would you have to be to see it?

crude example

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

How do we know there isnt a sister planet of Earth on the other side of the Sun? Maybe it orbits at the same speed as Earth so it remains hidden behind the Sun.

Gravitational perturbations from the other planets would quickly move this "sister planet" into a position where it could be seen from Earth. In addition, the gravitational influence of this planet on the other known planets would betray its presence, even if it couldn't be seen from Earth. Our calculations of the positions of the other planets (particularly Mars and Venus) would always have errors in them, and these could be used to pin down the other planet's position. The fact that no such errors have been detected is proof that a "twin Earth" does not exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think one of our deep space probes took a picture of our solar system from above. It haven't shown any other planet. On the other side of the Sun. That is parallel to Earth orbit.

But they haven't said;that there wasn't any planets traveling over and under the Sun. Instead of around it.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Like some posts above if there was something behind the sun and earth could not see it (thinking this thing is big, if is something small maybe) there would be influence on our orbit and on the other close by planets too (venus, mercury), and there is no data that support this.

Plain and simply.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what if nasa and other organisations already konw about this and have hidden the truth about such things. beacuse it would make them look preety dumb if they admit that they didnt notice a planet like earth hidden behind the sun!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

The Voyager space probes took photos of the planets and beamed them back. If the Earth had a double, it would of been seen. Other interplanetary probes would of measured a twin planet's magnetic and gravitational fields.
There is no twin of Earth.

new topics

top topics

join