It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: College Republicans Bait Race Issue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I guess everyone missed the part where this kid Mattera is only in college able to bash minority scholarships because he's there on a $5,000 scholarship of his own for hispanics?
[Edited on 16-2-2004 by RANT]

I guess none of the IDIOTS who've posted on this thread have anything to say about that... Heh, anyway it's an example of typical Republican hypocracy.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I guess everyone missed the part where this kid Mattera is only in college able to bash minority scholarships because he's there on a $5,000 scholarship of his own for hispanics?

Am I missing something here? How is offering a white scholarship bashing the other scholarships? I am against ANY scholarship based solely on race. And again if it is OK to offer them to every other race how is it wrong ONLY if it is offered to whites? Is anyone gonna answer?

And as I have said a thousand times I am a Libertarian not Rep or Dem.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It' s not a sincere effort at a scholarship Amuk. It's a parody, making fun of any scholarship held open for specific races. All politics aside, this kid pushing this is in college on one of those scholarships. That's why it's kind of funny. Not for the reasons he thinks it is...

I'm just laughing a bit at him having heard him on CNN getting knocked around by the big boys. Read back. When you play with the Bull, you get the horns.

I imagine his scholarship is in question now.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It' s not a sincere effort at a scholarship Amuk. It's a parody, making fun of any scholarship held open for specific races.

Whoops my bad....LOL

I just heard it on the news before going to work and did not catch that part. Do you think maybe he is just calling attention to an unfair system?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

It' s not a sincere effort at a scholarship Amuk. It's a parody, making fun of any scholarship held open for specific races.

Whoops my bad....LOL

I just heard it on the news before going to work and did not catch that part. Do you think maybe he is just calling attention to an unfair system?

I think that was his intent. But instead he's called a TON of attention on himself. The last thing he expected when he woke up this morning was a live call from CNN asking about HIS minority scholarship. I googled him. He's all over the web, pictures, video interviews... HIS E-MAIL ADDRESS, and probably his Campus phone number if one were so inclined to look it up.

The Klan did this sort of thing anonymously for a reason. This kid is fawked. But he's young and probably still an egomaniac, so he loves it for now I'm sure. Just wait though... he obviously ONCE wanted a career in politics.
Not now!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

I guess none of the IDIOTS who've posted on this thread have anything to say about that... Heh, anyway it's an example of typical Republican hypocracy.

How do you and certain others always get away with your name calling on this site anyways? I have wondered about this now for several months.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Originally posted by Flinx

How do you and certain others always get away with your name calling on this site anyways? I have wondered about this now for several months.

How do we "get away" with it? What the heckare you talking about? Since when do posters not have the right to call someone an idiot?
Whatever...you "get away with" spewing the most vile, hateful, plain crazy stuff every day!

Eh, this is a tangent.....you should get back to your newest Black people-bashing thread.

[Edited on 2/16/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What am I talking about?

No man I'm tired of you spouting out along with your buddies here.

Debate is one thing and you have been civil about that lately to your credit but the names is not called for.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What am I talking about?

No man I'm tired of you spouting out along with your buddies here.

Debate is one thing and you have been civil about that lately to your credit but the names is not called for.

What about those "rag-heads"? Very civil indeed.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
How about a civil discussion on race, not having a civil discussion is what leads to alot of the racism that is out there now. If people cant talk about the issue of race then it will never be solved.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you have a problem with that then take it up with the moderators. I already received their lashing on that and I think it was you that complained about it.

I didn't know that you were so sensitive John, since otherwise you are quite mouthy around here.

The gloves are off John between you and I and may the best man win.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
How about a civil discussion on race, not having a civil discussion is what leads to alot of the racism that is out there now. If people cant talk about the issue of race then it will never be solved.

Very true, but i'm not sure a civil discussion on race is possible on this board...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If you have a problem with that then take it up with the moderators. I already received their lashing on that and I think it was you that complained about it.

I didn't know that you were so sensitive John, since otherwise you are quite mouthy around here.

The gloves are off John between you and I and may the best man win.

When did I claim I was civil? I'm about as far from civil as you can get, but you're the one that brought up being civil, yet can say "rag-head" in the same breath. Anyone else see the hypocrosy here?

The gloves are off? What are going to do? Try to break my fist with your nose?

May the best man win you say? Why thank you very much, I didn't expect you to throw in the towel so soon.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Maybe you deserve a warning for your usage of that vile term now too?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

How about a civil discussion on race, not having a civil discussion is what leads to alot of the racism that is out there now. If people cant talk about the issue of race then it will never be solved

I agree 100% This is a issue that needs to be beaten to death and a stake drove through its heart. But I fail to see how something can be made fair by given special treatment to ANYONE. There were wrongs in the past that have been addressed through the courts. No matter how to look at it there is only ONE group of people that can be LEGALLY discrimanated against.

Can you name that group?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would be willing to guess that it is native indians but I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Mattera who is of Puerto Rican descent, is himself a recipient of a $5,000 scholarship open only to a minority group.

LOL

You sir are a dumb ass!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Of course. White people.

Now, but not always. There is no way for a white person to legitmately talk about race.

Can't say "Close the boarders". That makes you racist with an emphasis on hispanic hating

Can't say "Reparations, hell no" or "Affermative Action, get rid of it." That makes you racist against our fine African (mostly, but plenty of other dark folks) friends.

Can't say "Israel is doing something wrong." Then you are an anti-semite.

Goes on and on like this. This is much like the woman's movement where they pushed so hard for equal rights that they ended up going to far.

They don't care, they see it as payback.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You are right on two points this is the second

They don't care, they see it as payback.

A lot, not all but a lot, look at it just this way they do not want things equal they want whites to pay for the crimes of the past. Would a person being charged with a crime his grandfather commited stand up in any court? Should he have to hang because his grandpa killed a man and died before they had a chance to charge him?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Victims always want someone to "pay" for what happened to them.

Mind you, there are and were some true victims of horrible things.

But seeing that, now groups have seen what that idea can do for them.

Homosexuals...victims
Mexicans here illegally...victims
black people who can't do anything more than pump gas... victims
JEWS...SUPERVICTIMS

Say anything contrary to that, and you are anti-fill in the blank.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join